Oak Ridge vs Clinton

92Dragon

12 hours ago, ipb7 said:

He's doing his own program a dis service refusing to play the JV game.  

Kind of showing your lack of football management knowledge a bit aren’t you? What’s more valuable for the team, a JV game against OR or having the day for a full practice for the upcoming game on Thursday? Inquiring minds would like to know? 

13 minutes ago, YoungBuck said:

Kind of showing your lack of football management knowledge a bit aren’t you? What’s more valuable for the team, a JV game against OR or having the day for a full practice for the upcoming game on Thursday? Inquiring minds would like to know? 

So that’s why he’s canceled it for 4 years straight now? Riiiiiiiiiight.

Clinton does have a game with AC on Thursday night and maybe I can see the logic of cancelling to have a full practice on Monday since that is actually now a Tuesday practice which is usually a heavy day.  I know AC is a huge game for them.

Howver, I would think if he could get enough freshman and maybe a few JVs who don’t play too much on Fridays and have a couple of assistants coach the game he could still run a full varsity practice and maybe be done in time to come to the JV game. I don’t know their numbers but that’s what I would do, if it’s just freshman then both teams would play freshman only. It makes you better later in.

1 minute ago, Cactus Jack said:

Clinton does have a game with AC on Thursday night and maybe I can see the logic of cancelling to have a full practice on Monday since that is actually now a Tuesday practice which is usually a heavy day.  I know AC is a huge game for them.

Howver, I would think if he could get enough freshman and maybe a few JVs who don’t play too much on Fridays and have a couple of assistants coach the game he could still run a full varsity practice and maybe be done in time to come to the JV game. I don’t know their numbers but that’s what I would do, if it’s just freshman then both teams would play freshman only. It makes you better later in.

Or just don’t schedule it and then change your mind after you see if you win or lose. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, ForTheRidge said:

Or just don’t schedule it and then change your mind after you see if you win or lose. 

JV Freshmen games aren’t under any contract and OR has seen several of these type cancellations over the years. He always knew he had AC on a Thursday game since it was scheduled so he might should have scheduled the OR FrJV another week. But who knows.

Coach Bruce Lussier back in the early 2000s along with other Region coaches then, set up a Freshman league and schedule with two divisions and a championship game, I thought that worked pretty well. 

Teams that have continued success spend time on freshman and JV teams, Maryville is a great example.

6 hours ago, YoungBuck said:

Lack of football knowledge is a theme for Clinton football admin.Guess this Thursday night game wasn't scheduled until last couple of days or y'all could've made plans

1 hour ago, NoleNation3 said:

Lack of football knowledge is a theme for Clinton football admin.Guess this Thursday night game wasn't scheduled until last couple of days or y'all could've made plans

Or maybe they learned a lesson as a staff on their own from the Powell game and made adjustments to correct mistakes. You ever do that?