Gallatin visits Green Hill

runninblind

5 minutes ago, DillonPanthers1 said:

But Green Hill really has'nt played anyone. So what does that really even prove? Come play the top 3 in RuCo if you want to get a true guage. Stop scheduling limp noodles like Dickson Co and  that sorry Springfield team. But if you're trying to get back to the 80s-90s again that'll never happen. Not only does no one ever brag about moving to Gallatin, you're county thinks its a dump and took all the money and threw it into Liberty Creek. they sure think alot of you guys. LOL.

MOJO

https://www.tennessee-demographics.com/cities_by_population

Hmmm. Sure is a lot of people from other counties and states moving to Gallatin as we speak. Lot of "Big" Tennessee cities that have less people than Gallatin. Lots of new development as well. Dump? Where do you live? And in what kind of house? I'd hate to embarrass you.   

2 hours ago, eers said:

First, I want to say if those things I heard were true, I don’t excuse it. It is unacceptable. Now, I think a lot of the things were blown out of proportion and some untrue. I heard his name and character slandered by too many adults that were acting on hearsay and never even spoke to the kid personally, that is also unacceptable. 
Second, I’m not blaming the current staff, it’s certainly not on them and I think they are doing some good things. Very improved in what I’ve seen and a complete different atmosphere. I think the kid in question could have thrived under better leadership and coaching. 
Third, I’m not anti-Gallatin, I simply haven’t bought into the former staff and some of the things surrounding the program. I appreciate the history and the fanatics. I am optimistic things will turn around as they are much improved, I just don’t think they’re to that point yet. From what I’ve seen this far, I like the new coach and what he’s doing is apparently working. I’m not going to judge him on year one. Year two will be telling. It’s going to take some time. 

I agree 100% with your last sentence under point 2 as well as the last part of 3.  It’s going to take some time and it is getting better.  

Green Hill is 5-0 and in the region so it’s a no brained that they have to play.  Dickson Co fit the schedule opening and Springfield has had a lot of recent success.  Nobody controls what the county commission and school board does at Beech, Hendersonville, Portland, White House, Westmoreland, MH, Station Camp, nor Gallatin and nor does Liberty Creek for that matter.  We take what we can get.  

I think this contest sets the tone for the second half of the season.  If Green Hill wins, they should have an easy time until their big rival in MJ.  If Gallatin wins, it provides a huge boost that things have gotten better and more than likely the best teams are behind you.  Someone could surprise though.  

On 9/19/2023 at 11:11 AM, DillonPanthers1 said:

Awe man. Lookie here. We got us a keyboard hero that just swooped in to save the day. Too bad your powers can't do anything to make either of these teams relevant. 

MOJO

As relevant as the "Dillon Panthers"??? LOL...go away fanboy, grownups are trying to discuss real football with other grownups.

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, DillonPanthers1 said:

But Green Hill really has'nt played anyone. So what does that really even prove? Come play the top 3 in RuCo if you want to get a true guage. Stop scheduling limp noodles like Dickson Co and  that sorry Springfield team. But if you're trying to get back to the 80s-90s again that'll never happen. Not only does no one ever brag about moving to Gallatin, you're county thinks its a dump and took all the money and threw it into Liberty Creek. they sure think alot of you guys. LOL.

MOJO

My aren't we the negative nanny.  Hopefully we move on now from Gallatin's terrible scheduling, the fact that nobody wants to move to the dump it is here, a place where it's impossible to ever have a winning program again, and where a great player with outstanding character was unfortunately allowed to move away.  

This game is huge for both teams, and should be a really good one.  It should go down to the wire, with the winner probably being the team that doesn't blink on offense in the 4th quarter.  Mid 70's at kickoff, big crowd, it'll be a great atmosphere!  

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

As relevant as the "Dillon Panthers"??? LOL...go away fanboy, grownups are trying to discuss real football with other grownups.

Hey, I was in the movie and on the show. And I don't have to work because I have people everyday who sell cars that I own for me to put food on their table. I own several properties around the state and take great joy in high school football around here. I'm a very benevolent man that loves to make monetary contributions to certain local programs. I'm sorry you can't come up with anything better to try and jab me with other than "fanboy". Not everyone can be winners (Gallatin and Green Hill), the world needs ditch diggers too you know. Enjoy that and keep your head up, it'll work out. 

BIG MONEY BUDDY

Hey, I was in the movie and on the show. And I don't have to work because I have people everyday who sell cars that I own for me to put food on their table. I own several properties around the state and take great joy in high school football around here. I'm a very benevolent man that loves to make monetary contributions to certain local programs. I'm sorry you can't come up with anything better to try and jab me with other than "fanboy". Not everyone can be winners (Gallatin and Green Hill), the world needs ditch diggers too you know. Enjoy that and keep your head up, it'll work out. 

BIG MONEY BUDDY

33 minutes ago, thegreatone36 said:

You aren't handing out money to random schools quit lying :lol:

Well aren't you quick! Look at you. Very good! Yes. You're correct. I am not giving anything to just "random schools". 

I know words can be tough for some, but you got it brother.

MOJO

Edited by DillonPanthers1

BIG MONEY BUDDY

And you're so modest too!

It's my experience that the folks who are assets to their community aren't the ones who thump their chests and tell everybody how great they are...jus' sayin.

6 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

And you're so modest too!

It's my experience that the folks who are assets to their community aren't the ones who thump their chests and tell everybody how great they are...jus' sayin.

Wow.

You know you're right.

That was really deep. That makes me want to sell everything, and liquidate all my assets and move into a duplex in Gallatin or Green Hill. Maybe I could be an assistant on the freshman team there  or something? I'm going to get a job selling those cars I used to own. Thank you cowardly lion for helping me to see the error of my ways. 

Respectfully, 

WILLIAM ROBERT GHERITY IV