Eagleton visits Wartburg

BarneySox2007

2 minutes ago, crow said:

I get it but it seems a bit desperate if your kicker is 2-2 on PATs. Either way it’s done. If their kicker is spotty then I guess it makes more sense. 

They’ve had 3 different kids kicking PATs for them this year and none of them have been consistent. I’m not sure they work that much on the kicking game.

28 minutes ago, Summit22 said:

They were pretty good up front on the defensive side of the ball. They didn’t have much luck moving it on offense though. Should be interesting to see where that program is in a few years.

Those brothers are very good on defense. Especially the younger one, 55 maybe? He’s a sophomore. 

1 minute ago, dontstopbelieving said:

Both Eagleton wins have come down to extra points. Hopefully when they play Cosby and Cumberland Gap it's not that close. On paper they should end the season 4-7 with a first round loss to York. Which based on the way the season started is pretty good. 

Playoffs the first year of varsity sports and 4 wins. A new program takes that 10 out of 10 times. Now York will do their best to beat you by 100. Just how it goes with them, just a heads up. 

8 minutes ago, dontstopbelieving said:

Both Eagleton wins have come down to extra points. Hopefully when they play Cosby and Cumberland Gap it's not that close. On paper they should end the season 4-7 with a first round loss to York. Which based on the way the season started is pretty good. 

You've got it pegged.

1 minute ago, orngnblk said:

It will be similar to last night.

I'm not into running up scores but I'd beat the football out of them if I had the chance. Its nothing about the kids but we petted Grace until they built a powerhouse. Kids are not gonna move in there if they are getting hammered. We don't need a mini Alcoa in with these small rural public schools. In my opion, they should be private, several more out there in the same boat, charter,magnet ,city,institute,arts and science and so on, many of them are just athletic magnets. Only way this ever gets addressed is to look at rural and Urban, until then you will always have small rurals playing small urban stacked teams.