Greenback at Oneida

BarneySox2007

32 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

Watched first half while in deer stan.lol

We were pushing you all around.Why did we go to the spread??I would have just left you all on ice skates and took my chance!Your D line is slow but LARGE that one end is a player and your backers will be All State players soon!

We need to play with our strengths right now.Greg Ryan isn't the OC he could pull that stuff off.This one cant.Walk before you run type stuff.Thats about all I will go into.If I'm not going to watch don't need to comment,hopefully he sees what he brings to the table and walks away after this year,so we can build the future!

Yeah I think if y’all stayed in power it would’ve been a close game. I didn’t understand that decision either. Maybe you win maybe not but probably a better chance down the stretch. Once y’all were down 2 possessions at the end of 3 you had no choice but to play catch up. Just no time to get back into the power game. It seemed we made adjustments at half, I’m not sure your HC made any or at least it didn’t appear any were made. I agree with a different coaching approach this one doesn’t end in a blow out and is probably the toss up most expected. 

I decided to make the trip down to Sequatchie County to watch them play Coafield, so I didn’t get to catch the game. I did go back and rewatch the game on the IH Sports Network this morning and what a ball game it was. It was not as close as a game as I would have thought but still was fun to watch, especially with that GREAT broadcasting crew. Oneida has some young studs that are really coming to play. #5 is a grown man. 6’3 225 sophomore I think is what someone posted earlier? I got to looking at their line and big #77 is also just a sophomore (looks about 6’5 275ish). They will be tough to handle in the next few years. I still don’t know why GB didn’t stick with their run game, their passing game went vanilla 3rd & 4th quarter and didn’t help them put points on the board. GB also looked a little young in areas too. This will be a good rivalry for the next few years. All in all good game and good job to both teams.

On 9/22/2023 at 10:42 PM, GFD709SHREK said:

Did you read the stats. Our defense is terrible. I just hope that their line ain’t as big as Onidea 

The Tradition that all the past players and Coaches have worked for is gone.When people talk about Greenback its in a laughing sense.I was at the Seymour game and someone made reference of the Oneida score and a former Seymour player said I remember when you didn't want to scrimmage them!

7 minutes ago, Jim1972 said:

The Tradition that all the past players and Coaches have worked for is gone.When people talk about Greenback its in a laughing sense.I was at the Seymour game and someone made reference of the Oneida score and a former Seymour player said I remember when you didn't want to scrimmage them!

Why because they lost to us? Well that doesn’t say much for us either then does it? It’s cyclical. Of course GB had a tremendous run but there were times before that where they had down stretches like all programs do especially small schools. I agree the last couple of coaches have exacerbated this. GB will be back to their winning ways but there are some difficult time to weather first. 

Edited by crow

1 hour ago, crow said:

Why because they lost to us? Well that doesn’t say much for us either then does it? It’s cyclical. Of course GB had a tremendous run but there were times before that where they had down stretches like all programs do especially small schools. I agree the last couple of coaches have exacerbated this. GB will be back to their winning ways but there are some difficult time to weather first. 

Yes but not as long as this  stretch!3 years in a row don't remember that!I agree saying the tradition is gone is a stretch.The right guy would have us competing with the top programs on our schedule!We ARE better that 2 and 4!

Edited by orngnblk

1 minute ago, orngnblk said:

Yes but not as long as this  stretch!3 years in a row don't remember that!I agree saying the tradition is gone is a stretch.The right guy would have us competing with the top programs on our schedule!We ARE better that 2 and 4!

I do not disagree about the record or the right guy. I just think a lot, not all mind you, but a lot of GB supporters truly thought that GB could sustain the level of success y’all had indefinitely. That’s just not realistic. There’s a reason HBO did a mini series on Alcoa. Runs like that are legendary and to be honest virtually no program can sustain. Now I’ll admit some bad hires made the situation much worse than it had to be and you know better than anyone it pi$$es me off as well. I just think it’s a stretch to 1. Say the tradition is gone and 2. Because we beat GB it’s all fell to ashes. If memory serves this series has never been dominated by either side for more than a few years. The GR years were by far the most one sided. 

4 hours ago, crow said:

I didn’t set the schedule, but boy, I have inherited a doozy,” Clemmer said. “Got a rough start of the season, but I wouldn’t have it any other way. We’ll be ready for 1A football when the time comes.”

Went back and reread some articles.No offense to anyone on this year's schedule but it is the easiest we have had in about 10 years or so.Loudon is the only team we have that is "a doozy".lol

Last year-

1.Gary Rankin and Boyd

2.Loudon

3.Webb.

And we are on task to have no better or even worse record.Rockwood,Midway and SB "Should be wins".

Other than Cloudland I do think we can win a playoff game considering how down that region is also.BUT we have to win some region games to make it.Should be no worse than 3rd.

Edited by orngnblk

1 hour ago, orngnblk said:

I didn’t set the schedule, but boy, I have inherited a doozy,” Clemmer said. “Got a rough start of the season, but I wouldn’t have it any other way. We’ll be ready for 1A football when the time comes.”

Went back and reread some articles.No offense to anyone on this year's schedule but it is the easiest we have had in about 10 years or so.Loudon is the only team we have that is "a doozy".lol

Last year-

1.Gary Rankin and Boyd

2.Loudon

3.Webb.

And we are on task to have no better or even worse record.Rockwood,Midway and SB "Should be wins".

Other than Cloudland I do think we can win a playoff game considering how down that region is also.BUT we have to win some region games to make it.Should be no worse than 3rd.

I agree your schedule this year doesn’t seem overly difficult outside of Loudon who you’ve been playing every year and coalfield who is a region game. Who does he want to play? I’m betting if he is there long enough to make a schedule it should be. . . Well, something I’m sure.