Greenback at Oneida

BarneySox2007

3 minutes ago, pujo said:

Would be a strange thing if we didn't meet Smashmouth. Think highly of your Injuns.

By the way it sounds Oneida turned the corner last week against Polk.I don't care what some say about "how bad Polk is" Derick Davis always has a tough bunch and Oneida found their confidence against them.Honestly I figured we would beat the Indians in a typical GB/OHS game but by the sounds of the posters we woke up the big boys!Good luck to the Indians they may be a quality team come playoff time.

3 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

By the way it sounds Oneida turned the corner last week against Polk.I don't care what some say about "how bad Polk is" Derick Davis always has a tough bunch and Oneida found their confidence against them.Honestly I figured we would beat the Indians in a typical GB/OHS game but by the sounds of the posters we woke up the big boys!Good luck to the Indians they may be a quality team come playoff time.

Was surprised how well they ran the ball on you fellers. I've seen Oneida several times and they have quality players, next week will be a good test but they usually put up a good fight against York, don't think they are good friends.Would love to see them pull it out but my guess is, its an uphill battle.

27 minutes ago, pujo said:

Was surprised how well they ran the ball on you fellers. I've seen Oneida several times and they have quality players, next week will be a good test but they usually put up a good fight against York, don't think they are good friends.Would love to see them pull it out but my guess is, its an uphill battle.

I agree,if they pull out a W they will put folks on notice.Saw a little game this morn,they have some good looking kids.#2 is gonna be a STUD!That line could be Elite if they had a little more Fire.

32 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

I agree,if they pull out a W they will put folks on notice.Saw a little game this morn,they have some good looking kids.#2 is gonna be a STUD!That line could be Elite if they had a little more Fire.

Think its 56 a freshman that has a motor, very impressive when I watched um. Not the biggest one but the kid gives it his all.

1 hour ago, pujo said:

Now I wanna set the record straight, we have the upmost respect and admiration for our westerly neighbors over at the farming school. That’s why I want to make sure for the remainder of the game week we address them by their proper names, the Yorkies. Some were not a fan of me using YAI so maybe this will be more suitable :roflol::roflolk::popcorneater:

Seriously though, they’re a clear favorite and are mostly opposite of us. A lot of size and upperclassmen. We’re young all over the place and give up size advantage especially at WR/DB. It’ll be a big test but ya never know. We’ll have to play our best game to date and do it for the full 48. We haven’t did either of those yet. A 2 1/2 quarter effort next week will get us a running clock. 

Edited by crow

2 minutes ago, crow said:

Now I wanna set the record straight, we have the upmost respect and admiration for our westerly neighbors over at the farming school. That’s why I want to make sure for the remainder of the game week we address them by their proper names, the Yorkies. Some were not a fan of me using YAI so maybe this will be more suitable :roflol::roflolk::popcorneater:

Seriously though, they’re a clear favorite and are mostly opposite of us. A lot of size and upperclassmen. We’re young all over the place and give up size advantage especially at WR/DB. It’ll be a big test but ya never know. We’ll have to play our best game to date and do it for the full 48. We haven’t did either of those yet. A 2 1/2 quarter effort next week will get us a running clock. 

You guys have surprised me more than once, you seem to play according to the comp lots of times. YAI will for sure be the favorite  and may wear you fellers out, as long as you give effort and play have for 48, I'd be completely satisfied. Your not going to be the best team on the field all the time. I like this team and the way they keep fighting when they could fold .

2 minutes ago, pujo said:

You guys have surprised me more than once, you seem to play according to the comp lots of times. YAI will for sure be the favorite  and may wear you fellers out, as long as you give effort and play have for 48, I'd be completely satisfied. Your not going to be the best team on the field all the time. I like this team and the way they keep fighting when they could fold .

I agree.

1 minute ago, pujo said:

Yeah that’s nice to see. Hasn’t always been the case in years past. There a lot of work to do to improve things like fundamentals and technique but if someone is willing to teach them this bunch seems plenty ready to do the work. We could mess around and be a handful as these young guys mature and gain experience. 

16 minutes ago, crow said:

You watch any of it yet

Watched first half while in deer stan.lol

We were pushing you all around.Why did we go to the spread??I would have just left you all on ice skates and took my chance!Your D line is slow but LARGE that one end is a player and your backers will be All State players soon!

We need to play with our strengths right now.Greg Ryan isn't the OC he could pull that stuff off.This one cant.Walk before you run type stuff.Thats about all I will go into.If I'm not going to watch don't need to comment,hopefully he sees what he brings to the table and walks away after this year,so we can build the future!

Edited by orngnblk

10 minutes ago, crow said:

Yeah that’s nice to see. Hasn’t always been the case in years past. There a lot of work to do to improve things like fundamentals and technique but if someone is willing to teach them this bunch seems plenty ready to do the work. We could mess around and be a handful as these young guys mature and gain experience. 

Been a far for a long time, every time we meet,regardless of the winner, both bunches walk off the field with mutual respect. The 2 schools are a LOT alike. Both can take a whooping or give one and not resort to the ignorant junk. Thats my kinda football. Thats not so common in todays world, got tooooo many half raised spoiled kids without raising or the right leadership on the field. Don't get me wrong ,both have had one or 2 that the good lord couldn't do anything with but 95 percent play with PCC.

• Upvote 1