What's going on in Sweetwater with the coach suspension.

BarneySox2007

Sweetwater     2-8

Sequoyah        2-7

Tellico Plains  1-8

Sweetwater's 2 wins were over the other Monroe County Schools making them Monroe County Champions of 2023 with all wins under the leadership of Coach of the year Caleb Slover during his short stay. Where can I get a Sweetwater County Championship License Plate so I can drive around Monroe County beeping my horn and drawing attention for recruiting purposes. Also not forgetting to take it off coming back across the Blount County line in order to avoid being pulled over and cited for being a public specticle.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Karma. 

Somebody needs some smelling salts, and not the kid who got held down and was administered one causing him to need medical attention. Interesting how that only resulted in a 1 day ISS.  Money has its privileges. 

Disgraceful.  

Edited by HTV

On 10/20/2023 at 12:31 PM, TigerNation said:

I don't think payment is the issue, they're paid pretty well for 4 hours work. I think how they're treated makes a lot of them get out or never get in.

To interject, it's much more than "4 hours "

Say it's 7PM game time. (1st off, in my association if you're not on site at a bare minimum of an hour 45 min, you're LATE. Typically arrive 2 hours prior to kickoff) so you need to get to the school at 5. Which if your an hour away, that means you need to leave your day job early, at 4pm, on a Thursday or Friday. 3 hour game. Half an hour to debrief, shower, pack up. Another hour home. It's 11:30 or midnight before you hit the door, and that's assuming you don't stop somewhere for a bite. 

So yeah, it's more than "4 hours." Alot of folks don't realize it. 

16 hours ago, crazzyness said:

To interject, it's much more than "4 hours "

Say it's 7PM game time. (1st off, in my association if you're not on site at a bare minimum of an hour 45 min, you're LATE. Typically arrive 2 hours prior to kickoff) so you need to get to the school at 5. Which if your an hour away, that means you need to leave your day job early, at 4pm, on a Thursday or Friday. 3 hour game. Half an hour to debrief, shower, pack up. Another hour home. It's 11:30 or midnight before you hit the door, and that's assuming you don't stop somewhere for a bite. 

So yeah, it's more than "4 hours." Alot of folks don't realize it. 

Yeah 5:30-9:30 was just an estimation. Wasn’t saying that officials didn’t do anything, just that the harsh treatment from coaches and fans was probably more of a deterrent than pay. 

So yeah, glad you got that out of your system.