Hampton journeys to Eagleton

Backyardbbq15

Just now, TSSAAfootball said:

TN is one of 7 states that has within-district open enrollment. There are too many schools in TN that cannot manage to achieve the minimum in academic standards that the policy was put into effect to allow kids to move to what is hopefully a better school. 

Public schools are hand cuffed all across the US,Its a very few who get a good education, keep people poor and uneducated and you have um by the nads.  Its the new American way, we rank really low in education globally.Sad

23 minutes ago, IPOPU2022 said:

Barney you need to STFU. . Obviously there’s a lot more money going into your program than basically any school in ur classification. That’s all Pujo is saying. Btw Carter Co has more people living below poverty than most other counties in the State. 

FACTS

3 hours ago, pujo said:

Public schools are hand cuffed all across the US,Its a very few who get a good education, keep people poor and uneducated and you have um by the nads.  Its the new American way, we rank really low in education globally.Sad

My wife would disagree with you on that in Carter County. My son got a good education at Cloudland 

4 hours ago, Appvol said:

My wife would disagree with you on that in Carter County. My son got a good education at Cloudland 

And I'd agree with your wife, mine got educated in the same County, they are the exception and not the rule. Got the see the big picture . Shoot they are not even sure if they are boys or girls these days. Got litter boxes for the one's with fuzzy tails, lol.We've come a long ways baby,lol

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, pujo said:

And I'd agree with your wife, mine got educated in the same County, they are the exception and not the rule. Got the see the big picture . Shoot they are not even sure if they are boys or girls these days. Got litter boxes for the one's with fuzzy tails, lol.We've come a long ways baby,lol

There is some really good leadership in the county and teachers. My wife is getting ready for a new role in the County starting after fall break. She is excited. 

11 hours ago, IPOPU2022 said:

A lot are. Explains Greenville’s Success as well. Greene County has 4 County HS’s that are basically feeder Schools for their Best Athletes to go to the city and play for them. So basically any program with “open enrollment” is a County All Star Team. I’m for everyone playing on a level field. IF you decide to go outside your tax supported HS for a better academic reason then i have no problem IF the kid is an A Student and should be allowed to participate in Sports. IF it’s Only to play Football then they should stay put and play where the tax payer money is allocated for them. Just like getting a Scholarship a Kid needs to Show Academic Achievement to Move IF the HS is just a better Opportunity for them to be more prepared for College. Alcoa just gets Kids from other Schools to play Football. We should have some accountability not only for the system but for the taxpayers as well. 

There is so much that is incorrect in your statement.  First I would guess that 95% of the schools in Tennessee are open enrollment in the eyes of the TSSAA not just Rural County School (Knox County, Williamson County, Davidson, etc are all open zoned).  Your example of the 4 county high schools in Greene County being a feeder program for the high school just isn't true or you would have seen more kids from SG, CD, or WG that would have transferred in instead of all being in the top 2 of their region last year (They definitely could have helped) or the great SG Womans Basketball teams in the 80's and 90's you didn't see them transferring to Greeneville because it being a city school and actually the opposite under Larry Neal Ricker of kids transferring to SG.  If you look at Test scores and overall success of the school system Greeneville high school is head and shoulders better than the County School System and the reason my parents (Both attended different Greene County Schools) made sure both myself and my older brother where in the city school system since we started Kindergarten because of the resources and academic programs they had (Gifted program, more AP classes, duel enrollment with Walter State). They had no clue I would start 3 years in football and 4 in baseball or my brother would be the starting PG on a Greeneville team that went to state in basketball at 5 years old and paid Tuition for 13 years for both of us.  Which bring me to my next point the taxpayers aren't burden by a county kid going to the city school system because they charge a tuition that is equivalent to the City taxes that goes towards the City school system.  It is on the parents or a family member to pay that.  If you are also a tuition student you have to keep good grades and stay out of trouble or you will be kicked out and they don't care who you are. (Ex. Greeneville had a QB (One of the best to ever come through the program) in the mid 2000's that started since his freshman year and got into a fight his Junior year going into his Senior year and was not granted tuition the next year.  The Qb's parents bought a house in the city limits and moved there so he could attend since the school can't deny access to a zoned student and @noonesfool can attest to this).  What makes these programs great is their dedication to the sport year round and the community support these programs have and will continue to have

1 hour ago, Swipes said:

There is so much that is incorrect in your statement.  First I would guess that 95% of the schools in Tennessee are open enrollment in the eyes of the TSSAA not just Rural County School (Knox County, Williamson County, Davidson, etc are all open zoned).  Your example of the 4 county high schools in Greene County being a feeder program for the high school just isn't true or you would have seen more kids from SG, CD, or WG that would have transferred in instead of all being in the top 2 of their region last year (They definitely could have helped) or the great SG Womans Basketball teams in the 80's and 90's you didn't see them transferring to Greeneville because it being a city school and actually the opposite under Larry Neal Ricker of kids transferring to SG.  If you look at Test scores and overall success of the school system Greeneville high school is head and shoulders better than the County School System and the reason my parents (Both attended different Greene County Schools) made sure both myself and my older brother where in the city school system since we started Kindergarten because of the resources and academic programs they had (Gifted program, more AP classes, duel enrollment with Walter State). They had no clue I would start 3 years in football and 4 in baseball or my brother would be the starting PG on a Greeneville team that went to state in basketball at 5 years old and paid Tuition for 13 years for both of us.  Which bring me to my next point the taxpayers aren't burden by a county kid going to the city school system because they charge a tuition that is equivalent to the City taxes that goes towards the City school system.  It is on the parents or a family member to pay that.  If you are also a tuition student you have to keep good grades and stay out of trouble or you will be kicked out and they don't care who you are. (Ex. Greeneville had a QB (One of the best to ever come through the program) in the mid 2000's that started since his freshman year and got into a fight his Junior year going into his Senior year and was not granted tuition the next year.  The Qb's parents bought a house in the city limits and moved there so he could attend since the school can't deny access to a zoned student and @noonesfool can attest to this).  What makes these programs great is their dedication to the sport year round and the community support these programs have and will continue to have

I really shouldn’t have poked this bear because i knew that the teams that get rich off the talent in a county of say 75,000 people from schools outside their City Limits would cry foul. I’m Not a betting man but I’d conservatively say 1/3 of Greenville’s current football players come from Greene Co and not Greenville. Sure there’s some kids that don’t transfer probably because of economics and transportation and have to stay in their school district that are really good football players. I know Greenville has D1 football players come out every year. Can’t remember the last D1 kid from NG SG CD etc. . Is it really the “program” or do you possibly think that these County Kids that would be D1 regardless of where they played are drawn into the City System. Where’s  KEVO btw. Probably still in Bed. He seems like a night owl. Hope he’s doing OK. He seems to think Ballard created a Football Lab and that all the other programs got better when they copied the formula. I guess AC got in on it as Well since they road graded the Devils last season. And I’m pretty sure that Witten must be awfully impressed with what you’re doing that led him to becoming successful. Absolute Nonsense. Wake Up KEVO time to go to work! Or do you even Work? You still hearing voices from “Barney”. I’m praying for You Brother. 

Edited by IPOPU2022

12 hours ago, Appvol said:

Carter Co is awfully blessed with some really talented and caring teachers for a very modestly funded School System. And the kids at Cloudland have absolutely no problem being prepared for College. 

1 minute ago, IPOPU2022 said:

I really shouldn’t have poked this bear because i knew that the teams that get rich off the talent in a county of say 75,000 people from schools outside their City Limits would cry foul. I’m Not a betting man but I’d conservatively say 1/3 of Greenville’s current football players come from Greene Co and not Greenville. Sure there’s some kids that don’t transfer probably because of economics and transportation and have to stay in their school district that are really good football players. I know Greenville has D1 football players come out every year. Can’t remember the last D1 kid from NG SG CD etc. . Is it really the “program” or do you possibly think that these County Kids that would be D1 regardless of where they played are drawn into the City System. Where’s  KEVO btw. Probably still in Bed. He seems like a night owl. Hope he’s doing OK. He seems to think Ballard created a Football Lab and that all the other programs got better when they copied the formula. I guess AC got in on it as Well since they road graded the Devils last season. And I’m pretty sure that Witten must be awfully impressed with what you’re doing that led him to becoming successful. Absolute Nonsense. Wake Up KEVO !!!

I can guarantee you that other than a handful of kids that are on the Greeneville Football roster have been in the city school system before they were in high school the same way I was.  Why in the world would a parent not want their kids to be in the City School system when their are more resources and higher tests scores and more kids attending colleges compared to the county schools?  The director of the County School System even sent his oldest to the city school system if that tells you anything :rolleyes:.  Greeneville got better when Steve McCurry came in from AC Reynolds in 07 and put the program like it is today with the weigh program and making the kids buy into the system, it didn't hurt that Greeneville finally started to play were TSSAA put them instead of playing up like they had done for decades.  If you don't think Witten or AC didn't start doing what Greeneville was doing you would be sadly mistaken and you can ask Witten that himself or listen to his interviews talking about how Greeneville made Betsy better. Iron sharpens Iron my friend.  And yes AC finally got over the hump last year and beat Greeneville for the first time since 2005 to bring home a state championship.  They had a great team and put it all together.

Here is the video before the game two years ago where Witten says Greeneville set the bar and the reason why they had success about matching Greeneville and setting the bar higher (Its the first 6 min) so your wrong once again

1 hour ago, Swipes said:

I can guarantee you that other than a handful of kids that are on the Greeneville Football roster have been in the city school system before they were in high school the same way I was.  Why in the world would a parent not want their kids to be in the City School system when their are more resources and higher tests scores and more kids attending colleges compared to the county schools?  The director of the County School System even sent his oldest to the city school system if that tells you anything :rolleyes:.  Greeneville got better when Steve McCurry came in from AC Reynolds in 07 and put the program like it is today with the weigh program and making the kids buy into the system, it didn't hurt that Greeneville finally started to play were TSSAA put them instead of playing up like they had done for decades.  If you don't think Witten or AC didn't start doing what Greeneville was doing you would be sadly mistaken and you can ask Witten that himself or listen to his interviews talking about how Greeneville made Betsy better. Iron sharpens Iron my friend.  And yes AC finally got over the hump last year and beat Greeneville for the first time since 2005 to bring home a state championship.  They had a great team and put it all together.

Here is the video before the game two years ago where Witten says Greeneville set the bar and the reason why they had success about matching Greeneville and setting the bar higher (Its the first 6 min) so your wrong once again

I agree on most points about the Education. Heck it outta be a better opportunity or the City is wasting an awful lot money paying their teachers a significantly higher salary than the County. 
So no argument there. Greenville is in an awfully convenient situation with a County Population of over 70,000 people and get the “pick of the litter” athletes from the smaller County Schools. How many transfer for academic purposes vs being a stud football player. I’m guessing 50%. 
Name the D1 football players who weren’t economically challenged that “decided” to stay at Chuckey Doak. But ended up playing for City. 
Sorrells was as good a Coach historically than anyone else Greenville has had and did it playing in 3A before expanded classification. And i don’t believe the “transfer portal” was a big key to his success. 
Rider helped Shawn coach his first 5 or 6yrs. And played at Virginia Tech made a Pro Practice Squad for a couple of seasons. So i believe he’s forgotten more about football than I’ll ever know. He was simply complimenting the Devils for winning a couple of Championships. NOT that he somehow got ahold of Greenvilles recipe for success. IF he could rent a big Helicopter and fly 6 or 7 kids in from Cloudland and 6 or 7 from Hampton. The former being a 45 min drive one way he’d never lose a Game. That’s the Real Recipe for the Devils success. 
It’s nothing to be ashamed of. Heck ask Greenback about the Talent Drain going to Alcoa. And the Tornado Fans aren’t in Denial like you Swipes. You’re in a semi unique situation with open enrollment in a fairly large county. 
I’ll just call Jason and ask Him IF Shawn attributes His Success to the “Greenville Formula”. 
I’m awfully proud of Witten for getting a Weight Room from the Greenville Playbook. Smart Move I’d say. Betsy’s enrollment is going down so i think he’d do himself a Favor by getting a contract with the local Natl Guard and fly a big chopper to Roan Mtn and stop on the way back in Hampton. It’s a Greene Co “all star” Team. Has nothing to do with the “system”  I was really looking forward to the Greene Co vs Blount Co Game this Season. I’d have still gone with Alcoa tho because their “transfer portal” is a little better than yours. Can you check on KEVO for me. I’m beginning to get a little worried about Him. He’s probably just sleeping. I’d imagine staying up all night playing Video Games and eating Hot Wings wears him out. He may be on the pot suffering from constipation. He probably got his check yesterday and could be hungover. I’m praying for Him regardless.  

Edited by IPOPU2022

1 minute ago, IPOPU2022 said:

I agree on most points about the Education. Heck it outta be a better opportunity or the City is wasting an awful lot money paying their teachers a significantly higher salary than the County. 
So no argument there. Greenville is in an awfully convenient situation with a County Population of over 70,000 people and get the “pick of the litter” athletes from the smaller County Schools. How many transfer for academic purposes vs being a stud football player. I’m guessing 50%. 
Name the D1 football players who weren’t economically challenged that “decided” to stay at Chuckey Doak. But ended up playing for City. 
Sorrells was as good a Coach historically than anyone else Greenville has had and did it playing in 3A before expanded classification. And i don’t believe the “transfer portal” was a big key to his success. 
Rider helped Shawn coach his first 5 or 6yrs. And played at Virginia Tech made a Pro Practice Squad for a couple of seasons. So i believe he’s forgotten about football than I’ll ever know. He was simply complimenting the Devils for winning a couple of Championships. NOT that somehow got ahold of Greenvilles recipe for success. IF could rent a big Helicopter and fly 6 or 7 kids in from Cloudland and 6 or 7 from Hampton. The former being a 45 min drive one way he’d never lose a Game. That’s the Real Recipe for the Devils success. 
It’s nothing to be ashamed of. Heck ask Greenback about the Talent Drain going to Alcoa. And the Tornado Fans aren’t in Denial like you Swipes. You’re in a semi unique situation with open enrollment in a fairly large county. 
I’ll just call Jason and ask Him IF Shawn attributes His Success to the “Greenville Formula”. 
I’m awfully proud of Witten for getting a Weight Room from the Greenville Playbook. Smart Move I’d say. Betsy’s enrollment is going down so i think he’d do himself a Favor by getting a contract with the local Natl Guard and fly a big chopper to Roan Mtn and stop on the way back in Hampton. It’s a Greene Co “all star” Team. Has nothing to do with the “system”  I was really looking forward to the Greene Co vs Blount Co Game this Season. I’d have still gone with Alcoa tho because their “transfer portal” is a little better than yours. Can you check on KEVO for me. I’m beginning to get a little worried about Him. He’s probably just sleeping. I’d imagine staying up all night playing Video Games and eating Hot Wings wears him out. He may be on the pot suffering from constipation. He probably got his check yesterday and could be hungover. I’m praying for Him regardless.  

The more you talk the more ignorant you sound.  That was one sound bite of Witten giving Greeneville praise for pushing his team to get better and they did.  He has mentioned it a lot of the years and you will see other Betsy posters saying the same. There is a lot of respect between the two programs because both Schools and Counties are very similar. (Carter County is actually more densely populated than Greeneville Greeneville is almost twice the size land wise as Carter County.  It's a shorter drive for someone in Carter County to get to Betsy than it is for a Greene County kid to get to Greeneville).   Greeneville doesn't get the pick of the litter unless you think Greeneville knows little Johnny is going to be a stud in sports when he is in Elementary School.  Parents send their kids to Greeneville for the education benefit at a very young age and having one of the best Sports Programs in the State across all sports is an added benefit.  You are correct on one thing that Sorrels was one of the greatest coaches in Greeneville history but if you believe there wasn't tuition students on his team your are even more clueless than I thought.  I'm not delusional when it comes to tuition students coming to Greeneville since I was one at the age of 5 and know many others that graduated with me that had been there the same amount of time.  You think they knew at age 5 we would finish top 8 in the state in 4a? (Heck we had a losing record in middle school but bought into the program my Senior year)