Powell Panthers visit the Karns Beavers......DAM

footballknox

38 minutes ago, bounder said:

Uhhh have you been to Karns lately?  Their visitor side is pretty good now. May have some standing but still the bleachers don't stop on the 35 yard line on one end. Just saying

Yep...I have been there this month.  Powell's band will take up at least a third or more of the bleachers on the away side.  

2 hours ago, bounder said:

Uhhh have you been to Karns lately?  Their visitor side is pretty good now. May have some standing but still the bleachers don't stop on the 35 yard line on one end. Just saying

I was there Saturday and have been there for a Friday night game this year.  

Visitor seating is no bigger than it has been for many years, now.  Just not much visitor seating.  Probably as little anywhere in Knox County.  

And I am not counting Central and Bearden where they still have large concrete structures still that have plenty of visitor seating.  

And I am not a "Karns hater", by the way.  My oldest grandson plays in their middle school program.  

And on the game, Powell should win comfortably.  

6 hours ago, HTV said:

I was there Saturday and have been there for a Friday night game this year.  

Visitor seating is no bigger than it has been for many years, now.  Just not much visitor seating.  Probably as little anywhere in Knox County.  

And I am not counting Central and Bearden where they still have large concrete structures still that have plenty of visitor seating.  

And I am not a "Karns hater", by the way.  My oldest grandson plays in their middle school program.  

I agree the stands aren't the biggest but there's standing room on the "grassy knolls" on either end of the stands. Plus they have a concession stand. haha Overall Karns has a pretty nice stadium. And close parking as we get older that and restrooms are important.

1 hour ago, pdover1776 said:

Powell scores at will in this one.  Karns will be without 4 of their starters due to suspension this week after the melay at the end of the Fulton game.

Those suspensions aren't official yet, from what I was told, unless it has happened in the last little while.  The report was submitted to the TSSAA and they will make the decision.  Should come down anytime.