Greenback visits Rockwood

BarneySox2007

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, GFD709SHREK said:

I think Rookwood wins in a close one. Our coaches seem to keep making dumb decisions. And our defensive backs will not listen to the coach and keep getting beat deep. 

We don't throw the ball very well and the O-line so far has been pretty bad ........The only advantage i see for us is coaching so maybe we pull out a win in a low scoring game

1 hour ago, Tigers24Fan said:

We don't throw the ball very well and the O-line so far has been pretty bad ........The only advantage i see for us is coaching so maybe we pull out a win in a low scoring game

If your line is that bad then we may have a little edge because we have some athletes but we also suffer on the line for consistency.We are young there have a few  Sr skill players.Always hada lot of respect for coach Webb,we lead the series but he always had a good game plan and made us earn it.

Edited by orngnblk

14 hours ago, Weatherman said:

I’m predicting Greenback to lose at Rockwood Friday and then suffer another defeat at Midway the next week, beat Sunbright and then lose to O.S.  and not make the playoffs. Greenback on film looks like a middle school team as far as talent goes. Poor coaching and lackluster talent equal Greenback fans like you taking their Geritol and then heading to bed at 7:30

I went ahead and moved this to the actual thread.

Now I can't argue how good Rockwood actually is this year but in years past I would probably lean RWs way heavily this year but just "people watching " teams this year i would think we have a better overall team.Now you could be 100% right and we lose the next 2 if we do then we deserve to "be watching from the stands".Now I have only watched GB in person against a decent Loudon team,now they aren't as good as years past but still a decent team.So for me to judge my team harshly I just can't do that this year.BUT to tell me this Sr Class "11 of them" have no Talent I say BS!I have watched them for 3 years prior and this team has players.The Sophmore QB hasn't played in 3 or 4 games but #6 is a very good replacement and has size and skill to lead.Line is young but at times shows promise.WR Williams could play for anyone.The Sophmore running back is also a very good player.Coaching,well you have made your judgment on that and from watching the Oneida game on video I'm not gonna disagree to much with that.We should be able to fight for 2nd in the region but 3rd is probably realistic.RW is a hard place to win as is Midway when your are close in talen.Also Coach Bill Satterfield (former 1987 State Champion head coach for a Greenback) is helping Midway so there will be a little football drama in that one.

1 hour ago, orngnblk said:

Now I can't argue how good Rockwood actually is this year but in years past I would probably lean RWs way heavily this year but just "people watching " teams this year i would think we have a better overall team.Now you could be 100% right and we lose the next 2 if we do then we deserve to "be watching from the stands".Now I have only watched GB in person against a decent Loudon team,now they aren't as good as years past but still a decent team.So for me to judge my team harshly I just can't do that this year.BUT to tell me this Sr Class "11 of them" have no Talent I say BS!I have watched them for 3 years prior and this team has players.The Sophmore QB hasn't played in 3 or 4 games but #6 is a very good replacement and has size and skill to lead.Line is young but at times shows promise.WR Williams could play for anyone.The Sophmore running back is also a very good player.Coaching,well you have made your judgment on that and from watching the Oneida game on video I'm not gonna disagree to much with that.We should be able to fight for 2nd in the region but 3rd is probably realistic.RW is a hard place to win as is Midway when your are close in talen.Also Coach Bill Satterfield (former 1987 State Champion head coach for a Greenback) is helping Midway so there will be a little football drama in that one.

Haven’t saw RW since week 1 so I’m sure they’ve improved. Your skill and secondary is better I can say that. You’re gonna get way out coached IMO. Line play is a toss up based on how much they’ve improved. If they haven’t made much improvement then edge again to you. Webb and company will be the biggest factor. No offense intended but I saw no noticeable adjustments during the game against GB. We both know the backup QB is a run first “wildcat” style QB. Y’all had 15 rushing attempts for 33 yards. I’m not sure how many attempts the QB had but it wasn’t a lot. I think y’all had 39 pass attempts. I get playing from behind has a lot to do with run/pass ratios but GB only attempted 6 rushes in the first half so they actually ran more after they got down in the second half. Just a strange look from a play calling perspective. 

Edited by crow

23 minutes ago, crow said:

Haven’t saw RW since week 1 so I’m sure they’ve improved. Your skill and secondary is better I can say that. You’re gonna get way out coached IMO. Line play is a toss up based on how much they’ve improved. If they haven’t made much improvement then edge again to you. Webb and company will be the biggest factor. No offense intended but I saw no noticeable adjustments during the game against GB. We both know the backup QB is a run first “wildcat” style QB. Y’all had 15 rushing attempts for 33 yards. I’m not sure how many attempts the QB had but it wasn’t a lot. I think y’all had 39 pass attempts. I get playing from behind has a lot to do with run/pass ratios but GB only attempted 6 rushes in the first half so they actually ran more after they got down in the second half. Just a strange look from a play calling perspective. 

That's what I saw too.It was interesting to say the least!

10 hours ago, orngnblk said:

No. 6 is good. I just wanted to give you a hard time.