Mr. Football

SSHawks12

For 3A, I’ll mention Covington’s junior running back, Skylan Smith. Through 7 games, here are his stats:

No.   Yards   Avg.  TD’s

Rushing      132   1137     8.6     17

Receiving      9.      200.   22.2.     2

Kick Rets.      9       387    43.0.     2

I’m not sure how his stats stack up across the state, but according to the Memphis newspapers, he’s ranked second or third for the Memphis metro area in rushing yardage and in touchdowns scored, regardless of classification. 

Skylan is the straw that stirs the drink for the Covington offense.

11 hours ago, CHARGERFAN said:

For 3A, I’ll mention Covington’s junior running back, Skylan Smith. Through 7 games, here are his stats:

No.   Yards   Avg.  TD’s

Rushing      132   1137     8.6     17

Receiving      9.      200.   22.2.     2

Kick Rets.      9       387    43.0.     2

I’m not sure how his stats stack up across the state, but according to the Memphis newspapers, he’s ranked second or third for the Memphis metro area in rushing yardage and in touchdowns scored, regardless of classification. 

Skylan is the straw that stirs the drink for the Covington offense.

How many yards did he have against Dyersburg? ;)

I’d say Dyersburg’s qb/safety, John Morris Trowbridge. He has around 50 tkls, 6 or 7 ints, and probably 25 or so rushing and passing TDs. He punts too. He has several punts over 50yds and many inside the 20. He does it all

20 hours ago, Kruger77 said:

RB from lake county leads the nation in rushing with 1925 thru 7 games and 25 touchdowns 

Yeah I saw his stats on the West Tennessee High School Athletics. Dude has been lighting it up!! The Howell kid from Bolivar has had a great season according to the post on there as well, and the Mosley kid from JCS. Its always great to see West Tennessee talent!

1 hour ago, BigGuy11 said:

Yeah I saw his stats on the West Tennessee High School Athletics. Dude has been lighting it up!! The Howell kid from Bolivar has had a great season according to the post on there as well, and the Mosley kid from JCS. Its always great to see West Tennessee talent!

Mosely is one of those types the kids playing against him will tell their sons and grandsons about it. He's easily the best receiver I've seen around here and he's got another year!