Mr. Football

SSHawks12

16 minutes ago, ItsAlwaysSunnyInAtwood said:

Mosely is one of those types the kids playing against him will tell their sons and grandsons about it. He's easily the best receiver I've seen around here and he's got another year! 

Absolutely! He is a freak, I can't wait to see his development 

On 10/2/2023 at 8:36 AM, TrojanLC said:

I’d say Dyersburg’s qb/safety, John Morris Trowbridge. He has around 50 tkls, 6 or 7 ints, and probably 25 or so rushing and passing TDs. He punts too. He has several punts over 50yds and many inside the 20. He does it all

I would love to see JMo’s offensive/defensive/special teams stats together as it would tell the full story on how remarkable of a season he’s having. And in a year where he’s led a team to a current undefeated record in a challenging region he deserves a lot of postseason accolade love.

• Like 1

Just saw an article in the Commercial Appeal that is a reprint from the Tennessean. The article lists 5 front runners for the 3A Mr. Football award:

Brady Hammonds - QB - Gatlinburg-Pittman

Radarious Jackson - QB, RB, DB, & receiver - Sheffield

Justyce Law - QB - Stratford

Brandon Winton - Receiver - Alcoa

Skylan Smith - RB - Covington .

I won’t try to put the entire article here, but it gives a nice thumbnail sketch of each player. Good luck, young men!

On 10/3/2023 at 1:32 PM, ReitzFan said:

Tried to look at the stats for several of the players talked about here. Some of the schools only had stats for two or three games listed. Another only had stats listed for one player, and many just don't make stats available. 

This is my post from Westview vs Bolivar post, The Howell kid has had a great year!

Yeah I just checked unapproved website on his stats:

1,355 Passing

13 Passing Touchdowns 

3 Interceptions 

96.2 QBR

132 Rushes 

874 Rushing Yards

12 Rushing Touchdowns

I can see he IS the offense this year!

Still going Westview 49-28, but this Howell kid is having a special season.

2 hours ago, lakecounty1968 said:

I am afraid he had 147 yards rushing against Dyersburg. He is the only RB to go over a 100 against Dyersburg this year.

I like your stat better than mine, but I have double-checked mine. I get the official stats e-mailed to me after each Covington game, and Skylan is listed for 47 yards rushing on 15 carrys in the Dyersburg game. What is the source of your data?

Edited by CHARGERFAN