Will Maryville make a change this offseason?

ILB1999

I'm curious how many years GQ is signed up at ETSU for and would they have the money to buy him out especially since those small schools will play one of the big schools and take a whipping like a like a dog in order to get a 700k to a million dollar check for doing so. I know the drums are beating loud in Johnson City by the instant gratification crowd. Very hard to stand a chance when that stuff like that starts happening. Will he come back to the high school game and who would pay him what Maryville did if he does.

26 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

I'm curious how many years GQ is signed up at ETSU for and would they have the money to buy him out especially since those small schools will play one of the big schools and take a whipping like a like a dog in order to get a 700k to a million dollar check for doing so. I know the drums are beating loud in Johnson City by the instant gratification crowd. Very hard to stand a chance when that stuff like that starts happening. Will he come back to the high school game and who would pay him what Maryville did if he does.

The last big school ETSU played for a nice dollar was Vanderbilt. He makes 225,000 base plus a 50,000 dollar stipend. Plus bonus opportunities which aren’t happening this year. Can be bought out by school or boosters. I’m for gong him 3 years at this pace.

Edited by noonesfool

On 10/3/2023 at 5:01 PM, noonesfool said:

The last big school ETSU played for a nice dollar was Vanderbilt. He makes 225,000 base plus a 50,000 dollar stipend. Plus bonus opportunities which aren’t happening this year. Can be bought out by school or boosters. I’m for gong him 3 years at this pace.

Looks like Marky Billson is leading the way for a Coup Attempt to get rid of GQ from what I see every week on You Tube. I hate the thought that he chose to go the college route being away from his young kids setting in a different living room every night like a vacuum cleaner salesmen trying to close the deal at the kitchen table over a bowl full of chitlins and collard greens while mama is whispering in his ear , what are you going to do for me. I wouldn't take a job like that for all the money in the world only to find out on signing day you got hood winked by a bunch of liars. I don't ever see the stars will ever align with him coming back where he shouldn't have left in the first place. I've listened to a lot of people this week talk about Maryville being so young of a team and we'll be back. I have bad news for a lot of these day dreamers because Bearden is a much younger team than Maryville and their best two players didn't play. The only positive out of all of this is Jones won't be there long because the money train will pull in over there and pay him something Bearden could never compete against so enjoy while it last. Don't want to make this to long so I'll go to another topic and write.

On 10/3/2023 at 3:37 PM, BarneySox2007 said:

Well considering he’s tanked the ETSU program into the ground maybe he’ll become available again.

Anyone going to a Maryville game right now that has been going for a while can tell you there is a night and day difference in ten years ago and now. Honestly it's actually on both sides of the ball. Losing GQ was hard but Gaylor and Ellis was even harder. Gaylor knew what was coming every play. Ellis could take a whole new line and not miss a beat and you can bet your azz he wouldn't be fooling around with someone who blunders a handful of snaps every game. He would send that one over to Gaylor and let him put the boy where he could help the team not hurt. I was really aggervated after the Bradley game but what made me even madder the next day was hearing about someone on the Maryville side yelling down at the team to bring on the heat that was setting near a bunch of coaches wifes that got their panties in a wad made a few of the coaches mad which shows how thin skin some of this staff can be. Your more worried about an old man in the stands telling you what you should be doing while getting your tail whipped. I really don't say much at all during the games but I do look at the reaction of the crowd and their comments. I have noticed nobody is bringing touchdown cookies or brownies anymore though, might because they were taking most of them back home after the games. I would love to win out but the odds of that happening are slim. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Anyone going to a Maryville game right now that has been going for a while can tell you there is a night and day difference in ten years ago and now. Honestly it's actually on both sides of the ball. Losing GQ was hard but Gaylor and Ellis was even harder. Gaylor knew what was coming every play. Ellis could take a whole new line and not miss a beat and you can bet your azz he wouldn't be fooling around with someone who blunders a handful of snaps every game. He would send that one over to Gaylor and let him put the boy where he could help the team not hurt. I was really aggervated after the Bradley game but what made me even madder the next day was hearing about someone on the Maryville side yelling down at the team to bring on the heat that was setting near a bunch of coaches wifes that got their panties in a wad made a few of the coaches mad which shows how thin skin some of this staff can be. Your more worried about an old man in the stands telling you what you should be doing while getting your tail whipped. I really don't say much at all during the games but I do look at the reaction of the crowd and their comments. I have noticed nobody is bringing touchdown cookies or brownies anymore though, might because they were taking most of them back home after the games. I would love to win out but the odds of that happening are slim. 

Barn - Welcome to the world of some years you have good teams, and some years you don’t. It’s great to have you. I wonder when Alcoa will join us? As the saying goes, all good things come to an end in this life eventually. Maryville is still a really good program, so I wouldn’t get too discouraged if I were you.

Edited by SweetScience

44 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

Barn - Welcome to the world of some years you have good teams, and some years you don’t. It’s great to have you. I wonder when Alcoa will join us? As the saying goes, all good things come to an end in this life eventually. Maryville is still a really good program, so I wouldn’t get too discouraged if I were you.

Losing is one thing , losing stupid is another. Some of those coaches would rather cut their nose off to spite their face as to admit this they cost those kids the game with their own stupidity with that blasted 3 down linemen especially at the end of the game. 

• Upvote 3

The big problem at Maryville is that they can't take any constructive criticism and take offense to any one throwing it out there. There is not one coach, not one school administrator even the principal or fans that disagrees with my opinion that I dislike. Some people just don't like to hear the truth no matter how bad it hurts. At the home games most people set in their protective enviroment and don't hear all the stuff people are saying but when we go to an away game then all the cats and dogs are all mixed together and buddy do they get an ear full. They should get a real good ear full on the Cleveland trip and especially the Alcoa game bunched in there like sardines. I get messages all day long from others that feel the same as I do and one yesterday was telling me how pizzed off one of the school board members was getting while listening to one of the fans letting it go Friday Night. All I got to say there is oh boy you created this monster so live with it. We will title this season in the history books we were a young team and looking forward to this great exciting youth that are coming up from the freshmen class. Before we put that excuse out there please leave me a chapter in that book telling everyone half the kids starting are seniors and I would bet the farm one of your great freshman may move on to another school. I would hate to get beat with one of my own players like we did against Alcoa in 2009 and 2010 but that's the big reason history repeats itself because this generation is to busy erasing history especially the school systems. Don't want anybody to know the real truth.

• Upvote 3

12 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

clearly there are some people who miss the good ole days...

17 minutes ago, ILB1999 said:

clearly there are some people who miss the good ole days...

I clearly missed the good old days of America. Maryville High runs on the same principle as our country. Take an inch at a time and nobody will notice. Most younger people don't notice or realize these things that are going on and accept it as it is. 

7 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

I clearly missed the good old days of America. Maryville High runs on the same principle as our country. Take an inch at a time and nobody will notice. Most younger people don't notice or realize these things that are going on and accept it as it is. 

The thing is though, there's still excellence around (In America too), it's just not where it once was.