Oliver Springs @ Coalfield

rtl112

7 hours ago, rtl112 said:

I believe they had a gentlemens agreement.  Even the first half seemed to have went by fast. Sunbright may just be the worst team in single A.  

Probably the worst in the state honestly I don't mean it disrespectfully either but I can't think of a team they'd be able to score more than a td on. I mean they got dismantled by Pickett County 28-6, don't think they would best Cosby,unaka,Hancock County, zion Christian,Mount juliet Christian, copper basin,lookout valley, Memphis Kingsbury, Memphis mlk prep, or Memphis Fredrick Douglass.

I’m curious as to why and how those that follow OS and Coalfield feel that this game is a 3 score advantage for Coalfield? Is it cause Coalfield usually win this game or is there specifics you can point out that they are just that much better at this point in the year?  I’ve seen both teams play and just curious in your opinions why there is that much of a gap between these teams. 

Well until somebody from the East outside of South Pitt can play and give CF a game then they will be the team to beat. It’s simple they haven’t had a game all year outside 3A Sequatchie Co that they have had to worry bout. They have a great bunch of athletes and an elite coaching staff. The proof is in the pudding when you are consistently In the semis each year. Then you are the top dawg until somebody knocks you down and right now CF is up top and everybody else is looking up tryin to climb the ladder to catch ‘em. 

I think OS is a very good team and the best team they have had in a while down there. I think they may give CF a battle that no other single A team has done this year but in the end CF knows how to win ball games. 

1 minute ago, Spike016 said:

Well until somebody from the East outside of South Pitt can play and give CF a game then they will be the team to beat. It’s simple they haven’t had a game all year outside 3A Sequatchie Co that they have had to worry bout. They have a great bunch of athletes and an elite coaching staff. The proof is in the pudding when you are consistently In the semis each year. Then you are the top dawg until somebody knocks you down and right now CF is up top and everybody else is looking up tryin to climb the ladder to catch ‘em. 

I think OS is a very good team and the best team they have had in a while down there. I think they may give CF a battle that no other single A team has done this year but in the end CF knows how to win ball games. 

Gordonsville the last 2 years and Clay Co last year have beaten Coalfield

and 2/3 of those games weren’t even close

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TheBlueprint said:

Gordonsville the last 2 years and Clay Co last year have beaten Coalfield

and 2/3 of those games weren’t even close

You are correct! I should have put outside  South Pitt Greenback Cloudland Clay Co or Gordonsville nobody in 1A has really caused them a sweat. Plus nobody in there region outside Greenback those couple years have even come close to touching them. 

Edited by Spike016
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Spike016 said:

You are correct! I should have put outside Greenback Cloudland Clay Co or Gordonsville nobody in 1A has really caused them a sweat. 

It’s mainly just anybody outside of region 1 or 2 with the exception of Greenback or Cloudland in their good years. Everybody else up there is consistently uncompetitive. Which is why they get beat in the semis a lot like you said because they run into a region 3 or 4 team (mostly SP)

6 minutes ago, TheBlueprint said:

It’s mainly just anybody outside of region 1 or 2 with the exception of Greenback or Cloudland in their good years. Everybody else up there is consistently uncompetitive. Which is why they get beat in the semis a lot like you said because they run into a region 3 or 4 team (mostly SP)

Yes honestly they have no real competition and this year it’s mainly Cloudland. Greenback is down and OZ may be their toughest game they have in the regular season in region play. 

The honest truth the biggest thorn in CF side the last 5-7 years has been Greenback. They have gotten them in the regular season and playoffs more than anyone. Gordonsville got them twice but that was regular season and CF thumped Gville good in 2019 regular season. 

Edited by Spike016