How to fix Ooltewah?

ThundaZUnt

I felt like Ooltewah played hard last night against RC. They abandoned the run after their early score. QB has bad mechanics and never looks comfortable. Play calling doesn’t help a young QB either. Footwork isn’t being taught. On defense they have talent just can’t execute. Hitting wrong gaps as LBs. Don’t cover well at the safety spot. Decent CBs. Linebackers play good just if they get caught 1v1 in pass coverage it’s not good. They switched to 5 man front to help get a pass rush/ stuff the run. What do you all think ? 

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the Ooltewah experiment with the young hometown coach has about ran its course and feel the administration has seen about enough at this point.  They have too many good looking kids to be as bad as they have shown this year.  Be interested to see how this plays out. Kids want to play for a competitive team, if there isn’t a change pretty quick I can see quite a few athletes ending up on other quality teams around Chattanooga. 

17 hours ago, Headhunter42 said:

I think the Ooltewah experiment with the young hometown coach has about ran its course and feel the administration has seen about enough at this point.  They have too many good looking kids to be as bad as they have shown this year.  Be interested to see how this plays out. Kids want to play for a competitive team, if there isn’t a change pretty quick I can see quite a few athletes ending up on other quality teams around Chattanooga. 

I wouldn’t blame them either. Ooltewah is 4-24 under goose. I hate it. I feel like he needs someone with an outside set of eyes to tell him what’s wrong. I have no invested interest in Ooltewah football but if I was asked I would give my opinion and help. 

38 minutes ago, Indian said:

During their strong years were they getting in guys could have been at Tyner, Central, and Brainerd?

They are still getting kids that could be zoned for any of those schools. Their zone cuts into Central’s runs through Tyner’s and pushes up to Brainerd’s. My guess is East Hamiltons recent success and coaching may be preventing them from being decent again. 

Edited by Rams5000

Can’t blame this on lack of talent. Have y’all seen the kids they have on that roster? Some of the best looking kids around. I have been told it’s gonna be a house cleaning session sooner rather than later. And if that don’t happen look for Central, East Hamilton and the privates to provide a comfortable landing spot for several of those athletes that want a change. 

9 hours ago, Headhunter42 said:

Can’t blame this on lack of talent. Have y’all seen the kids they have on that roster? Some of the best looking kids around. I have been told it’s gonna be a house cleaning session sooner rather than later. And if that don’t happen look for Central, East Hamilton and the privates to provide a comfortable landing spot for several of those athletes that want a change. 

Where did you find out it was going to be a house cleaning ? 

7 hours ago, rebelwoman87 said:

Does anyone know what happened to @PassiveAggressive? I sure do miss that guy. And he loved Dem Owls. 

3 hours ago, Booger said:

was an Owl staple no doubt....its easier to be a T'er and a team drum pounder when one is winnin....

....nose that personally rebelwoman87..

Booger just sayin ;)

He saw what it took to play Big Boy football.

Owl-Facepalm-Winnie-the-Pooh.gif

• 2 weeks later...