South Greene visits Eagleton

BarneySox2007

52 minutes ago, TSSAAfootball said:

I've never been to Happy Valley but I think watching a game at Hampton with old Pujo walking around before the game is my preference. Really nice setting for a game. So I'm hoping SG beats Hampton but I'm pretty sure that game will be over at halftime. I think for the most part it's shaping up like most people thought it would. Hampton and York as 1's, everybody else waiting to be blown out in whatever round they play them. As for Polk, they can't seem to find a way to win. They had so many missed opportunities vs Oneida that I bet that coach didn't sleep that night. I watched the Meigs game and Polk played their best game of the year. They had some players back that haven't played in a while. Meigs really should have won 28-0 but just couldn't finish drives in the redzone. Made some really dumb plays too. Dumb penalties and bad clock management in the first half erased 2 scores. But Polk did play their best game all year. I'd say Meigs played their worst game of the year though. It will be interesting to see how the regions matchup. If I was doing a power rankings for Region 1/2. I would say:

1.  York

2. Hampton

3. Bledsoe

4. Happy Valley 

5. South Greene

6. Oneida and Polk tied

8. Eagleton

I'm just assuming SG is better than they played vs Eagleton due to injuries. But I could have easily put SG tied with Oneida and Polk. 

I would probably move Oneida up, just imagine if Meigs was still in 2A and in region 2, that would be a tough region for sure, and I said last year that Meigs would win the region and they have two games at home to prove me right, moving up has made it easier until playoff time.

1.  York

2. Hampton

3. Bledsoe

4 Oneida 

5 Happy Valley 

6 South Greene

7 Polk tied

12 minutes ago, Dadof2 said:

I would probably move Oneida up, just imagine if Meigs was still in 2A and in region 2, that would be a tough region for sure, and I said last year that Meigs would win the region and they have two games at home to prove me right, moving up has made it easier until playoff time.

1.  York

2. Hampton

3. Bledsoe

4 Oneida 

5 Happy Valley 

6 South Greene

7 Polk tied

Polk and Oneida were pretty even. I mean Polk was a bad snap away from winning on the last play of the game. They missed 2 wide open WR's on TD plays in the second half too. It very well could be and I don't know cause I haven't seen SG or HV but maybe SG, HV, Oneida, and Polk are all tied. Oneida doesn't have the quality wins that SG has but lots of changed since SG looked like a contender. I do think the Top 3 are pretty far ahead of the pack. 

Edited by TSSAAfootball

1 hour ago, TSSAAfootball said:

I've never been to Happy Valley but I think watching a game at Hampton with old Pujo walking around before the game is my preference. Really nice setting for a game. So I'm hoping SG beats Hampton but I'm pretty sure that game will be over at halftime. I think for the most part it's shaping up like most people thought it would. Hampton and York as 1's, everybody else waiting to be blown out in whatever round they play them. As for Polk, they can't seem to find a way to win. They had so many missed opportunities vs Oneida that I bet that coach didn't sleep that night. I watched the Meigs game and Polk played their best game of the year. They had some players back that haven't played in a while. Meigs really should have won 28-0 but just couldn't finish drives in the redzone. Made some really dumb plays too. Dumb penalties and bad clock management in the first half erased 2 scores. But Polk did play their best game all year. I'd say Meigs played their worst game of the year though. It will be interesting to see how the regions matchup. If I was doing a power rankings for Region 1/2. I would say:

1.  York

2. Hampton

3. Bledsoe

4. Happy Valley 

5. South Greene

6. Oneida and Polk tied

8. Eagleton

I'm just assuming SG is better than they played vs Eagleton due to injuries. But I could have easily put SG tied with Oneida and Polk. 

Got a pretty good player back today thats been out all season, broke collarbone in a scrimmage. That should help, think we'll get a starting lineman back next week.  Should be as healthy as we've been all season for week 11. Hopefully we'll be a tad better, time will tell.

Just now, pujo said:

Got a pretty good player back today thats been out all season, broke collarbone in a scrimmage. That should help, think we'll get a starting lineman back next week.  Should be as healthy as we've been all season for week 11. Hopefully we'll be a tad better, time will tell.

I think that round 3 matchup is going to be a good one. At your place too. Might be worth the ride to see that place again.

1 minute ago, Spike016 said:

Happy Valley May be the sleeper team this year. They are hittin their stride when it matters most and surprising some people. It may be 

1. York

2. Hampton 

3. Happy Valley

Could be, Bledsoe is like Hampton, Meigs, Oneida and York, they are a bunch of mountain boys that are really physical and just like to hit people, I believe they will be a hard out.

2 minutes ago, TSSAAfootball said:

You may be right. I think Bledsoe will handle SG though. 

All about matchups, SG has atheletes 

1 minute ago, Spike016 said:

If we find a way to beat Bledsoe and force them to go up north. You never know what’s gonna happen when you play. I remember the chain incident a few years back and that cost us a playoff win

Tough place to play for sure.