South Greene visits Eagleton

BarneySox2007

2 minutes ago, Romansfive8 said:

This SG team is not the same team as played in the 1st 4 games. Looks like a completely different team.  It’s like there’s no enthusiasm. I believe they had at least 5 key players out, but that’s no excuse. If this the same team that has played the last 3 games goes to Hampton? Hampton will probably be able to name their score and blow them off the field.  And SG will not make it out of the 1st round.  I’m not sure what’s going on? But if they don’t figure it out soon, they’ll be playing basketball.

I honestly was wondering what was goin on with them because they should have lost tonight but Eagleton just didn’t have enough fire power to do it. If they score TDs instead of FGs In the 1st half it’s a totally different ball game. They are a very undisciplined ball club and that may come back and bite them come playoff time. 

15 minutes ago, Romansfive8 said:

This SG team is not the same team as played in the 1st 4 games. Looks like a completely different team.  It’s like there’s no enthusiasm. I believe they had at least 5 key players out, but that’s no excuse. If this the same team that has played the last 3 games goes to Hampton? Hampton will probably be able to name their score and blow them off the field.  And SG will not make it out of the 1st round.  I’m not sure what’s going on? But if they don’t figure it out soon, they’ll be playing basketball.

When they beat Chuckey Doak I was thinking maybe they will be #1 out of Region 1 but then they played awful vs West Greene and ever since it's ben downhill. 

13 minutes ago, TSSAAfootball said:

When they beat Chuckey Doak I was thinking maybe they will be #1 out of Region 1 but then they played awful vs West Greene and ever since it's ben downhill. 

That 1st half season team was capable of beating any 2a team in the state.  This 2nd half season team will not survive if they don’t figure it out quickly. The WG game they a few key players out and plus that game is WG Super Bowl.  There’s no love loss between the 2.  This SG team that played tonight will get mauled by Hampton and will not make it out of the 1st round.  It’s hard to admit, but that’s what will happen if they don’t get that fire back and the key players that have been out.

Edited by Romansfive8

8 minutes ago, THE KING said:

Hampton will have their way.  Unaka did us a favor tonight and lost to north greene.  Looks like cland has R1 wrapped up 

If the SG team that played CD, it’ll be a game. But the truth is, it’s not looking promising. Right now Hampton is the team to beat and I could see them making it to state again for their 2nd time. Have a blessed weekend.

Edited by Romansfive8

9 minutes ago, Romansfive8 said:

If the SG team that played CD, it’ll be a game. But the truth is, it’s not looking promising. Right now Hampton is the team to beat and I could see them making it to state again for their 2nd time. Have a blessed weekend.

I’ve said for a week or 2 now that York and Hampton are on a collision course for a spot in the semis. I saw where York got an impressive win tonight @ Friendship Christian. 

Edited by Spike016
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, Spike016 said:

I’ve said for a week or 2 now that York and Hampton are on a collision course for a spot in the semis. I saw where York got an impressive win tonight @ Friendship Christian. 

Looks like it’s setting up to be that way and if it does. I’ll pull for the Dogs.

Edited by Romansfive8

What would be scary is if south Greene had a real football guy as a coach and not someone that got the job by default or being a disciple of the previous head coach. They have way too much talent year in year out to be mediocre or worse. South Greene has had recent success but it has been on talent not coaching.

22 hours ago, Swipes said:

Sg is banged up right now.  Their leading rusher (Rader) and Leading WR (Buckner) didn't play last night and the started Center went down before half.  Need some players to step up if they want to compete with Hampton

https://www.grsportsnews.com/posts/rebels-survive-scare-from-eagleton-but-keep-goals-in-front-of-them

That's hard to win without your key players at AA football. You only have so many "dudes". Did those players play vs Happy Valley? 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, rebeldevil said:

What would be scary is if south Greene had a real football guy as a coach and not someone that got the job by default or being a disciple of the previous head coach. They have way too much talent year in year out to be mediocre or worse. South Greene has had recent success but it has been on talent not coaching.

I haven't watched a ton of their games but I think you are 100% correct. That QB from 2 years ago was an absolute stud and their coaching in the playoffs that year was borderline criminal.