Rebs crost tha Pistull

STARSNBARS

7 hours ago, Dirtyt26 said:

Everybody has there own opinion so here is MINE. It makes it hard to win a game with 5 turnovers. But that being said when ur trying to force the ball to ur so called play makers  just because they have stars or offers that's when turnovers happen. Any coach with common sense that watches film knows all u got to to is double team Winton  over the top and key in on Owen's across the middle u take away our offense. WHY don't we utilize Cannon who was a big part of the state game last year. Not the running back but the receiver. Or Duggan  who has made the big plays when we got to have them and catches anything in his wheel house. Or number 11 who has proven that he can contribute  also. Utilize ur athletes not just the ones that has stars. And y didn't we run scales the fastest guy in Blount County tonight.  Just my opinion  but yes offense play calling is horrible 

Thank you!!!! This wasn’t the only game this has happened! Not because they lose to maryville, take that off the table, GR is gone, & the discipline went with him. I love the game, love the atmosphere, I’ve seen Alcoa play a lot, but go to a bunch of games of the week, you kind of get a feel of team discipline & we’ll oiled machines, with this type of play calling you get what you put into it. Not an angry Alcoa fan, just a football fan. I like to kid & rib a little now & then but I’m not the only one that’s seen this! Well wishes to all the boys on both sides!!

1 hour ago, Slingitdownfield said:

Thank you!!!! This wasn’t the only game this has happened! Not because they lose to maryville, take that off the table, GR is gone, & the discipline went with him. I love the game, love the atmosphere, I’ve seen Alcoa play a lot, but go to a bunch of games of the week, you kind of get a feel of team discipline & we’ll oiled machines, with this type of play calling you get what you put into it. Not an angry Alcoa fan, just a football fan. I like to kid & rib a little now & then but I’m not the only one that’s seen this! Well wishes to all the boys on both sides!!

I totally agree. Your not the first person I've heard that from. Coach Nix needs to get a handle on it. That one penalty running that mouth cost Alcoa dearly. There are some things better with Nix but the biggest thing that is a negative is the noticable discipline issues. Stupidest way to lose a ballgame. Hope the best for Alcoa the rest of the season.

10 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

I totally agree. Your not the first person I've heard that from. Coach Nix needs to get a handle on it. That one penalty running that mouth cost Alcoa dearly. There are some things better with Nix but the biggest thing that is a negative is the noticable discipline issues. Stupidest way to lose a ballgame. Hope the best for Alcoa the rest of the season.

This. Other than not having (or not playing) a good quick RB, that was a very talented alco team. The discipline issues and holds were apparent. And not necessary.

23 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

It seems to me that’s the norm over there now. I saw it when I first walked up to the gate to get in line. I guess it’s the Alcoa Mentality now. 

31 minutes ago, strongx said:

This. Other than not having (or not playing) a good quick RB, that was a very talented alco team. The discipline issues and holds were apparent. And not necessary.

When you allow your kids to hold like they do your going to run up against it somewhere down the line like they did against West that time on a Thursday Night Rivalry. Your going to run into a crew that will call it everytime. You can call holding almost every play but their line coach is teaching them to push it to the limit and kids will take it past that.

30 minutes ago, rebelwoman87 said:

It seems to me that’s the norm over there now. I saw it when I first walked up to the gate to get in line. I guess it’s the Alcoa Mentality now. 

1 minute ago, BarneySox2007 said:

When you allow your kids to hold like they do your going to run up against it somewhere down the line like they did against West that time on a Thursday Night Rivalry. Your going to run into a crew that will call it everytime. You can call holding almost every play but their line coach is teaching them to push it to the limit and kids will take it past that.

Holding penalties was a issue obviously!!!

5 turnovers was a huge issue obviously!!!

Some VERY questionable bad calls by the refs in huge moments needed by maryville didn't help at all. Offensive play calling was horrible.  But regardless I agree in a game as such,  discipline is HUGE to win a game!!!!! But penalties  for jawing back in forth I mean come on.  It's football u have to play with a certain type of intensity. That was just a excuse so the refs could pull maryville out it.  Officiating is terrible every year during Alcoa and maryville game and always has been

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dirtyt26 said:

Holding penalties was a issue obviously!!!

5 turnovers was a huge issue obviously!!!

Some VERY questionable bad calls by the refs in huge moments needed by maryville didn't help at all. Offensive play calling was horrible.  But regardless I agree in a game as such,  discipline is HUGE to win a game!!!!! But penalties  for jawing back in forth I mean come on.  It's football u have to play with a certain type of intensity. That was just an excuse so the refs could pull maryville out it.  Officiating is terrible every year during Alcoa and maryville game and always has been

And all that clapping 44 did on defense to mess up the cadence. Does that not warrant a penalty.