Waverly Vs. Loretto

FastEddieDavis

3 hours ago, tradertwo said:

Sadly, there's one idiot out there someplace that thought it would be cute to bring up the flood. That person may/may not be from Loretto, but I can tell you this...we were in Loretto's region for a few years and played them in the playoffs a few times. Not one issue. Classy fans, great hosts when we were there, and a team that played with pride and character. For you to assess all Loretto fans from one post doesn't look all that great on your behalf either.

3 hours ago, howdoitknow said:

So one person makes a statement and all of Loretto are “low lifes”…..  

Waverly has won a lot of games the last 10 years under both McConnell and Boldin.  

Handle your trials with the same humility as you hand out after your triumphs.  

There is no doubt in our mind(Waverly) that there are some great people in Loretto and great fans. I’m asking you guys to just step back and think if this flood happened in your town, to your friends,  to your co workers, to your family, and some spouts off a couple of rediculous post it wouldn’t get a emotional response? Loretto beat us fair and square. I have never had any issues with anything pertaining to the game or the smack talk. I enjoy it. I just wish people would realize when a smart comment or post about the flood there is more than likely going to be an emotional response. 

39 minutes ago, vandyfan1 said:

There is no doubt in our mind(Waverly) that there are some great people in Loretto and great fans. I’m asking you guys to just step back and think if this flood happened in your town, to your friends,  to your co workers, to your family, and some spouts off a couple of rediculous post it wouldn’t get a emotional response? Loretto beat us fair and square. I have never had any issues with anything pertaining to the game or the smack talk. I enjoy it. I just wish people would realize when a smart comment or post about the flood there is more than likely going to be an emotional response. 

No doubt that I'd be both sick and furious that some waterhead was so clueless as to use such a tragedy as a jab over anything...much less a bunch of kid's football game. Just saying that including a community of blameless people into the response for what one idiot put out there isn't very smart either.

1 hour ago, vandyfan1 said:

I know the flood was terrible and affected a lot of people but I hoped it washed those awful visitor bleachers all the way to New Johnsonville!

Other than the post itself, the fact that a second reference to the flood being posted six hours ago by the same Instagram page is absurd.  I lived in Waverly during the 2010 flood and what happened in 2010 was nowhere close to the damage of 2021. 

35 minutes ago, Croppygenius said:

I know the flood was terrible and affected a lot of people but I hoped it washed those awful visitor bleachers all the way to New Johnsonville!

Out of curiosity do you have any idea of what that community went through? 

https://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/high-school/2022/08/20/waverly-football-returns-home-tennessee-floods/10245999002/

The account is probably ran by a kid at the school so I wouldn’t hop on the fans.

1 hour ago, tradertwo said:

No doubt that I'd be both sick and furious that some waterhead was so clueless as to use such a tragedy as a jab over anything...much less a bunch of kid's football game. Just saying that including a community of blameless people into the response for what one idiot put out there isn't very smart either.

I agree.

On 10/21/2023 at 2:17 PM, FastEddieDavis said:

Yea, that score isn’t close to how the game was played. Loretto beat a Waverly team that start’s several Freshmen and Sophomores. Loretto isn’t that good. Coaches are not that smart. Loretto will be the new Lewis county in 2-3 weeks. 

I was watching the score closely while at our game Friday.  Saw when Loretto went up & then saw the final & wondered what happened.  I actually thought Waverly @vandyfan1)  would pull a rabbit out of the hat & win this one.  I don't think there's much, if anything really,  that separates the top 4 in this region.