Haywood vs. Crockett

Kruger77

This is a huge game for both teams as the regional championship is still very much in doubt. I believe Haywood has a good chance of winning, but as others have stated, the Tomcat D needs to step up.  It has the potential to be a high scoring game.

As far as the prognosticators are concerned:

unapproved website gives Haywood a 65% chance of winning with a predicted score of 38 -31.
Massey gives Haywood a 76% chance of winning with a most likely score of 42 – 22
Sonny Moore’s power ratings call it a toss-up.

Fun Facts:

Haywood and Crockett have 2 opponents in common:

Haywood defeated Pure Alliance 28-21 while Crockett lost to the Royals 47-54.
Haywood defeated Obion Central 64-57 while Crockett defeated the Rebels 27-7.

Haywood's opponents have a 27-36 won-loss record
Crockett's opponents have a 32-33 won-loss record.

Crockett would love nothing more than to end a 10-game losing streak to Haywood and give the Tomcats their first region loss since a 14-48 defeat to Dyersburg on September 14, 2018.

With the proximity of these two schools, this game has grown into somewhat of a rivalry.  Haywood leads the series 12-8.  Let’s make it 13-8 Cats!

Go Tomcats!

10 hours ago, Cavaliers9814 said:

I don’t think we win this one but I could see us keeping it a few score ball game we haven’t been clicking very well since the Huntingdon loss 

Thanks for your response.  I think Haywood has a good chance as well.   As you said, the Cavaliers seem to be struggling some since their loss to Huntingdon, but they’re still dangerous!  I don’t know if last week’s open date will have any effect, but in my opinion, Haywood is improving each week. 

I agree that it could be close, and it could be a high scoring game. Haywood is averaging 39.8 ppg while giving up 26.8.  Crockett is averaging 31.4 ppg while giving up 21. 9.

On 10/16/2023 at 7:32 PM, stacmot said:

This is a huge game for both teams as the regional championship is still very much in doubt. I believe Haywood has a good chance of winning, but as others have stated, the Tomcat D needs to step up.  It has the potential to be a high scoring game.

As far as the prognosticators are concerned:

unapproved website gives Haywood a 65% chance of winning with a predicted score of 38 -31.
Massey gives Haywood a 76% chance of winning with a most likely score of 42 – 22
Sonny Moore’s power ratings call it a toss-up.

Fun Facts:

Haywood and Crockett have 2 opponents in common:

Haywood defeated Pure Alliance 28-21 while Crockett lost to the Royals 47-54.
Haywood defeated Obion Central 64-57 while Crockett defeated the Rebels 27-7.

Haywood's opponents have a 27-36 won-loss record
Crockett's opponents have a 32-33 won-loss record.

Crockett would love nothing more than to end a 10-game losing streak to Haywood and give the Tomcats their first region loss since a 14-48 defeat to Dyersburg on September 14, 2018.

With the proximity of these two schools, this game has grown into somewhat of a rivalry.  Haywood leads the series 12-8.  Let’s make it 13-8 Cats!

Go Tomcats!

Glad to see you active on Coach T again, Stacmot. it's getting close to that second season (playoffs). Your team and mine need to win out and get positioned for an advantageous seeding in the first and second rounds of the playoffs. 

Go Tomcats and Go Chargers.

One advantage of not having y'all on our schedule is that I can pull for you and not feel guilty. If we played each other that is not as easy.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, CHARGERFAN said:

Glad to see you active on Coach T again, Stacmot. it's getting close to that second season (playoffs). Your team and mine need to win out and get positioned for an advantageous seeding in the first and second rounds of the playoffs. 

Go Tomcats and Go Chargers.

One advantage of not having y'all on our schedule is that I can pull for you and not feel guilty. If we played each other that is not as easy.  

Thanks Chargerfan.  The playoffs are right around the corner. Haywood has some stiff regional  competition coming up against Crockett Co. and Dyer Co.  It's going to be tough, but I'm hoping the Cats can win out and claim their 5th straight region 7-4A title. 

The Chargers also have some stiff competition coming up with Ripley and Westview.  I'm hoping the Chargers can win out as well and claim 2nd place in 7-3A.  (I don't see Dyersburg losing to Liberty or Ripley.)

It does seem odd that we're both Tomcat and Charger fans.  There aren't too many of us in that "prestigious" club!  I know there is @Chargercats, but I haven't seen him post in a while.

Edited by stacmot