It's Bradley @ Cleveland week Rivalry Time

alt1958b

1 hour ago, MidTennFootball said:

Like it or not, football pays the bills. Everybody loves to complain when they're struggling, but they sing a different tune when revenue from football pays for everything else.

Blackman went from 5-5 in Year 1 under Tygard to 10-3 the next season, given time his system works

Football pays the bills. At what school is that kind of concerning? Your basketball team must be awful, boys and girls. Usually 25–35 games in one season are put up between the girls and boys, that’s 50–70 games in one season, and not every game is going to be sold out, but still, in a football season, most of theirs are 10 games more if you are lucky. I just can’t see that, but maybe I don’t know, but I would have to see the stats and statistics to accept it.

Edited by Dawgz4life

Wrestling at Cleveland is elite and they get what they want. I don’t know about the other sports, but wrestling has a state of the art facility and isn’t hurting for anything. There have been a lot of people that built that program over several years. a lot of good coaches. A lot of good kids. A lot of parents. A lot of boosters. A lot of money. What I have seen is putting the same energy into building a football program. If they can do the same thing with football that they have for wrestling, everyone will simmer down and it will be the blueprint for everyone else to try to follow. There are some disgruntled people I’m sure, but there are a lot of happy people as well. If they get the kids, Tygard will win and win big. All of the kids I’ve ever talked to that played for him absolutely love the guy. I predict he will do big things there if they give him a little time.

• Upvote 1

On 10/15/2023 at 8:21 AM, Humorist said:

Penalties upon penalties. Maryville ran the same 6 to 7 plays from multiple sets. 

6-7 plays from multiple sets.. ran with perfect execution = great offense. This is standard in high school football and even in college. nothing to knock a team for not stopping. This has been the Rebel way for years and has lead to 17 state titles. 

• Like 1

I want to see the blue raiders upset their cross town rival, but they gotta play better than they did against Maryville I was expecting them to win that game or it be closer by the least, even if Cleveland gets the 4th seed I think they'll beat Jefferson County In the first round. I think region 2 gets the sweep. 

Jefferson County vs Cleveland- region 2 W

Science hill/dobyns Bennett vs Maryville- region 2 w

Bradley central/ Bearden vs west ridge - region 2 w

Bearden/bradley central vs dobyns Bennett/science hill- region 2 w

I think final score between bears and blue raiders will realistically be

Bradley County 32

Cleveland  25

That week where everyone in town is out for blood! This game could be interesting, especially with the crappy forecast for Friday. However, I don’t see it being enough to affect Boo and the boys.

Game will be super emotional and expect it be a scrappy one, as always. The blue faithful are expecting a lot from Tygard, and I hope he lets them all down!!! 

Bears win over that team across town!

Go Bears!!! 

On 10/16/2023 at 10:42 AM, RiverRat95 said:

6-7 plays from multiple sets.. ran with perfect execution = great offense. This is standard in high school football and even in college. nothing to knock a team for not stopping. This has been the Rebel way for years and has lead to 17 state titles. 

Believe me I know. I was a part of the Cleveland Dynasty in the 90's. No one is knocking Maryville. As it has been pointed out. Maryville took the success that Cleveland had on that 54-game winning streak and adapted it for itself? GQ came in and watched Monroe and took notes and then modeled it to fit Maryville.