D2 Week 10

CougarDadx2

On 10/17/2023 at 7:36 PM, CougarDadx2 said:

Webb is a paper tiger - Bucs will prove it.

CPA - FRA will be a dog fight to the wire.

I agree Webb really hasn't played anyone but neither has BB.  They have played 5 of the same opponents and both have beaten those teams by similar scores.

I would love to know more about Knox Webb...seems like there isn't much chatter on them. I know Boyd has had a few key players out over the past few weeks and am wondering if that will play a role in the outcome of that game. All Div II AA regions are being decided tonight in week 9, it's pretty cool how that worked out this year.

1 hour ago, MTGVOL said:

2nd half  CPA10 FRA7. FRA has about 4 or 5 turnovers. CPA isn’t as good as several years ago. They have 6-7 person fouls and unsportsmanlike penalties so far.

The officiating was terrible tonight. It was miserable to watch, so I can understand you thinking this CPA is not as good as X CPA team.  I think this year’s defense is the best I’ve seen during Ingle’s coaching time.  Definitely the CPA team that has the most SEC / ACC future athletes. I’m fond of the 2019 undefeated team, and the undefeated team that beat Alcoa, but I think this team is just as good (probably). 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, BreadTruck28 said:

The officiating was terrible tonight. It was miserable to watch, so I can understand you thinking this CPA is not as good as X CPA team.  I think this year’s defense is the best I’ve seen during Ingle’s coaching time.  Definitely the CPA team that has the most SEC / ACC future athletes. I’m fond of the 2019 undefeated team, and the undefeated team that beat Alcoa, but I think this team is just as good (probably). 

I’ve never seen officiating quite that bad. It was atrocious and painful to watch. Proud of the CPA players for fighting through. 

CPA is obviously good. Probably one of the best 2 to three coaching staffs in the state. FRA QB melted down. They didn’t run# 4 enough. To me they do have a few more athletes but not quite as strong on the lines at 18-19 etc. they will still probably win it all. The ref tonight we’re not great, but you guys always play to the edge of things. I’m not saying that’s bad, but a few of the extra stuff isn’t needed. The division just isn’t great with BGA, ECS, Notre darn, Knox Webb, CAK, GCA are shells of what they were.

Lausanne and Boyd are the wildcards not sure how good they are.

35 minutes ago, Getready2rumbl said:

I’ve never seen officiating quite that bad. It was atrocious and painful to watch. Proud of the CPA players for fighting through. 

Most of those calls were from one ref, the back line ref stole the show, just terribly one sided IMO. CPA really did take over in the 4th.

Edited by FBGIRL

16 minutes ago, MTGVOL said:

CPA is obviously good. Probably one of the best 2 to three coaching staffs in the state. FRA QB melted down. They didn’t run# 4 enough. To me they do have a few more athletes but not quite as strong on the lines at 18-19 etc. they will still probably win it all. The ref tonight we’re not great, but you guys always play to the edge of things. I’m not saying that’s bad, but a few of the extra stuff isn’t needed. The division just isn’t great with BGA, ECS, Notre darn, Knox Webb, CAK, GCA are shells of what they were.

Lausanne and Boyd are the wildcards not sure how good they are.

#4 is a very good back! I was a little surprised seeing FRA trying to slow the game down from the start. I would have thought that would mean utilizing him more.

13 minutes ago, FBGIRL said:

Most of those calls were from one ref, the back line ref stole the show, just terribly one sided IMO. CPA really did take over in the 4th.

Yes! I said at halftime it felt like it was his first game.  I know it’s a hard job and there is a shortage because of how they are treated, but someone definitely needs to give him some help.