Beech at Springfield

JacketLover

24 minutes ago, Shackleisland4ever said:

Springfield needs to find a way to get to 4-A. Can’t compete with the Bucs and HC every year. Then throw in Clarksville, Centennial, Gallatin, and Hendersonville on the schedule and that’s not a recipe for success. Need to schedule NW, NE and West Creek for easy wins. 

Coach Wilson will never do that, they lost 17 starters off of last years team, it was expected for them to have a down year, having said that, due to some circumstances I do believe they may end up in 4A whenever there is another recount anyway...

4 hours ago, Shackleisland4ever said:

Springfield needs to find a way to get to 4-A. Can’t compete with the Bucs and HC every year. Then throw in Clarksville, Centennial, Gallatin, and Hendersonville on the schedule and that’s not a recipe for success. Need to schedule NW, NE and West Creek for easy wins. 

Our attendance figures put us right at 4A

4 hours ago, Shackleisland4ever said:

Even if we were to drop back to 4A I don't see Coach Wilson scheduling these Clarksville schools.  Year in and out they are not that good.  The gate is also HORRIBLE.  MontCo has started a middle school sports program so the feeders to these schools might improve their players.  Although they just may just play each other like the HS are to save $$$$

6 hours ago, Shackleisland4ever said:

Big brain energy. Let’s Move down a class. And then schedule 3 6A weak teams on the scedule. 

beech by 50

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thegreatone36 said:

Seems like everybody is getting their shots in on Springfield right now.

1 hour ago, TheCommissioner said:

Gets us we are down

Not everyone… I’m not taking shots, I really just don’t think it will be close.

Springfield is down this year, but I don’t expect them to stay there. That said, the school board isn’t doing SHS athletics any favors with the MS though. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, eers said:

Not everyone… I’m not taking shots, I really just don’t think it will be close.

Springfield is down this year, but I don’t expect them to stay there. That said, the school board isn’t doing SHS athletics any favors with the MS though. 

No middle school, Greenbrier being zoned for all of the kids on the southside of the city of Springfield and having a magnet high school about 2 miles from SHS that plays football, doesn’t help. It still pains me to see them playing on Boyce Smith Field for their home field. Next reclassification Springfield will most likely move down baring some drastic changes which I doubt happen. If it happens I hope we keep Beech and Gallatin on the schedule tho. No substitution for good competition winning be darned.

On 10/24/2023 at 7:57 AM, DbCooper said:

No middle school, Greenbrier being zoned for all of the kids on the southside of the city of Springfield and having a magnet high school about 2 miles from SHS that plays football, doesn’t help. It still pains me to see them playing on Boyce Smith Field for their home field. Next reclassification Springfield will most likely move down baring some drastic changes which I doubt happen. If it happens I hope we keep Beech and Gallatin on the schedule tho. No substitution for good competition winning be darned.

In 2005 Boyce Smith Field was torn completely down rebuilt. Springfield Athletic Club took out a loan to build bleachers press box concrete and paving to make it handicap accessible. Maybe the Innovation Academy should donate to the Athletic Club for use of the stadium lots of us supporters signed a note to secure a loan so SHS could play football because the present stadium was condemned, I’m sure all the coaches at SHS could use extra funds for their respective sports. I know the settlement with DOJ on Springfield schools being overlooked where other school clusters were being built new schools and renovated buildings and then having empty classrooms while a small city of portables were at schools in the Springfield cluster. Now the largest city and school cluster no longer has a Middle School . I’m sure parents would like to have a school in the city where transportation to athletic practices and other school functions are difficult to get to or time to take off work to pickup a sick child. The Middle School closure would NEVER happen at the other school clusters. I hate when the government intervenes with local issues but when things like what is going on now are happening, it is only a matter of time before this issue will be addressed. And while you Beech supporters have no place to sit tonight on our very small visitor bleachers , it was supposed to be larger from my understanding but money for stadium funding was cut back to pay for ADA compatible ( which was much needed) and the law at other county schools . Sorry visiting fans wishing the stadium could have been like it was originally, guess you guys know the feeling when you go to the University of Liberty Creek at Cottontown .

while it was portable city at many schools in the Springfield cluster. I know others will say you got a new stadium, yes but all the other schools got money from the stadium funding to make other fields