SG vs Hampton who takes the championship

allsportsmatter

9 minutes ago, Spike016 said:

Hampton is a very well coached and disciplined ball team and have been for years. They will let the pads and the scoreboard do the talkin. 

It is and has been for a long time our goal to play the game the right way, were not perfect but anytime one of our's gets out of line, its addressed immediately if not sooner.  This is a big boy game, don't need spoiled brats messing things up for the whole team. Its usually just 2 or 3 and if you don't get them under control, it spreads. If our's were a bunch of thugs,  I Wouldn't attend a single game.

1 minute ago, pujo said:

It is and has been for a long time our goal to play the game the right way, were not perfect but anytime one of our's gets out of line, its addressed immediately if not sooner.  This is a big boy game, don't need spoiled brats messing things up for the whole team. Its usually just 2 or 3 and if you don't get them under control, it spreads. If our's were a bunch of thugs,  I Wouldn't attend a single game.

Heard there was some said before the Unaka game on social media about the Unaka QB.  There might be a reason the Unaka QB got hurt in the game. 

4 hours ago, Spike016 said:

It seems that’s always a problem with them. I watched them with Eagleton and it was the same thing. 

Let me clarify some things. I watched the Eagelton game in person, and my opinion there's 2 sides.  I know on 1 of the personal fouls called in that game against SG; it shouldn't have been called. The kid was just making a play on defense. No need to go into details.

Once a team (whomever the team is) has a personal foul called for the no nonsense stuff, it can raise a red flag to the refs.  And after the target is on the back, the refs are more apt to call more things, and rightfully so in my opinion to try and keep things in their correct perspective. 

Sometimes we as spectators we see or hear things that may not always be 100% accurate. There're some great kids at SG, and the coaches are good people. I know things have been addressed and sometimes things need to run their route and hoping a valuable lesson is learned. A victory over the respected Dawgs would be awesome, but more importantly a lifelong lesson learned is the goal. 

A lot of schools will have some kids that get a little more rattled or fired up more than others. Some handle their business better than others. I don't have an issue with kids being fired up and playing with intensity or a purpose/goal to win as long as the motive is in is right perspective and done in an honorable way. If anything, SG recently has lacked the intensity as team in my opinion. Why, do I not know? Is it because they've been shorthanded, and adversity has called their number?  Again, I do not know why. They are 14–18-year-old kids and the team as a whole is more heavily on the younger side and it looks to me like some growing pains. Almost every team will face growing pains and adversity and the team(s) that weather the learning experiences sooner, typically rise to the occasion at hand earlier. 

Being transparent.  At the beginning of the season, I knew what SG would be bringing to the table from a talent standpoint, but I knew that they're young.  Before things got rolling the thought process for was, they'd be O.K. However, they've exceeded some expectations due to the earlier success.  Before the season started, they lost a great teammate, friend, brother and I think that brought them together. They played with their hair on fire. I'm hoping the recent adversity will trend them upwards, but it may take more time than one may hope.  

Hampton is playing on another level, and it will be hard for any team in the east to compete with them. I think a lot of us on CT know what Hampton is and brings to the table. They're just a solid strong team and have minimum hiccups. It's hard to beat a team like that.   

Edited by Romansfive8

11 minutes ago, Appvol said:

It may have been. Still don’t change that some stuff was said before the game was played on Hamptons side

Oh I don't doubt that, He played for Hampton last season and transferred. Not sure what was said but Sure wasn't anything dirty about the hit. It was a lick but it sure wasn't the only one. They kept throwing those little short passes and Hampton was teeing off. Think I would have just ran the ball and tried to eat clock, those kids took a beating for nothing.

11 minutes ago, pujo said:

Oh I don't doubt that, He played for Hampton last season and transferred. Not sure what was said but Sure wasn't anything dirty about the hit. It was a lick but it sure wasn't the only one. They kept throwing those little short passes and Hampton was teeing off. Think I would have just ran the ball and tried to eat clock, those kids took a beating for nothing.

Got a question then. When you are that much better than a team and winning big why would you be teeing off on the other team that you are clearly better than.

55 minutes ago, Appvol said:

Got a question then. When you are that much better than a team and winning big why would you be teeing off on the other team that you are clearly better than.

You just play football the same as you would play any other team.  Its not like they were playing a youth club team. Think you are reaching.

1 hour ago, Appvol said:

Was 41 to 0 at the half, I left ,I'm sure they took it easier on them in the 2ond half.