Lipscomb Academy

BelmontRebel

29 minutes ago, Chattanoogachoochoo said:

I have a friend in Clarksville who says that is the same situation 

I have one friend who had a kid 12 years ago that played for Heritage Middle School and they got the daylights beat out of them and after the game the boys were more concerned if there was stuff left over from the concession stand that did not sell then the ballgame they just got humiliated in. He told me he wanted his kid out of there asap and transfered him to Maryville. The county people will moan and groan Maryville is recruiting their players but their actually the root cause of losing their kids. Blount County is as corrupt as as one can guess and after the big boy's get their slice of the pie they'll determine who gets the crums afterward if any.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Smokey2Go said:

So if you were accused by the government of a "crime," and you know you didn't do it, would you just say, "Well, they say I did it and I don't want to fight it, take me to jail."  The TSSAA rules on recruiting are very vague, per the US Constitution, we have the right to a fair trial.  SCOTUS ruled that the TSSAA violated the 14th Amendment.  Ya'll need to read up on the BA case, be informed!

more pure gold.

19 hours ago, Smokey2Go said:

Except for 1997 (when BA was denied the playoffs and BEFORE they filed their lawsuit), BA and MBA have NEVER missed a playoff season.  Even when MBA was caught for a years of paying players tuition and when BA lost the 1st Amendment case ten years later, they still played in the playoffs.  LA is being railroaded and if these other schools had any sense, they would all be alarmed at the draconian penalties levied on LA.  Because they could be next.

DRACONIAN

I was thinking about everything that took place this year at LA:

Dilfer leaves for UAB

Bring in Mawae, who turns out to be a bust according to the LA posters

Bring in the 5 star QB for a couple of games 

Backup QB wasn't happy and team chemistry suffered, again, according to LA posters

5 star QB bolts back across the state line to MS

LA has a disappointing year in the W-L columns

TSSAA drops the hammer on LA for breaking several rules

2 Year Post Season Ban upheld through appeals process

LA beats McCallie to end their season

That's a lot of stuff going on within a program in 1 year.....

18 minutes ago, gcapride said:

I was thinking about everything that took place this year at LA:

Dilfer leaves for UAB

Bring in Mawae, who turns out to be a bust according to the LA posters

Bring in the 5 star QB for a couple of games 

Backup QB wasn't happy and team chemistry suffered, again, according to LA posters

5 star QB bolts back across the state line to MS

LA has a disappointing year in the W-L columns

TSSAA drops the hammer on LA for breaking several rules

2 Year Post Season Ban upheld through appeals process

LA beats McCallie to end their season

That's a lot of stuff going on within a program in 1 year.....

And some are now saying UT manipulated the move of the QB to Lipscomb to increase their chances.  When it all blew up he committed to Notre Dame.  Whew what a mess and I am pretty sure Dilfer isn’t walking back in the door 

Edited by Chattanoogachoochoo

15 hours ago, ChatterBox99 said:

Brentwood academy shouldn’t have any problem scheduling anymore. Antioch, Fayetteville, Gordonsville and maybe MJCA for homecoming. That right there is 2 Ws. No way a 5 star Qb is 1-9 about to be 1-10. Qb family brought in 4-5 athletes and forgot to bring in a OC, DC, head coach and lineman. It’s like UT under Pruitt, giving out bags of money and not winning. 

Maybe LA should give back those past two championships. Did Trent leave them at the school? CPA doesn’t cheat, give it to them. Drop back to AA and start rebuilding. Maybe even hire BAs coach when he gets fired. Maybe mawae to BA. 

ba did finish above la but didn’t get the W. Maybe they should just play again in the 5 star NIL bowl sponsered by the church of c

Trent Diler my arse, this is ALL on this year's coaching and athletic department.  No one else.  To be transparent, most winning programs have skeletons in their closet and/or walk a fine line hoping they haven't violated the vague TSSAA guidelines.  

19 hours ago, BigTime1950 said:

Then why is BA still a member school in the T$$AA. They are back in the organization that violated their constitutional rights. They should have just stayed with a regional/national schedule and said we will continue doing what we want. In the long run T$$AA won.

TSSAA is the only game in town.  The Division II schools need to see the writing on the wall and pull out of the TSSAA sh#$ show and start their own organization.  Especially since the TSSAA is really biased against private schools.

10 minutes ago, Smokey2Go said:

As expected, LA is done for 2023-24, hopefully they can salvage the 2024-25 season and clean house.  They will know more at the 11/16 TSSAA meeting laying out compliance improvements.  

The state championship was played last Friday - LA beat McCallie.

ah yes.  champion in your own mind.  heck with the rules.

16 minutes ago, Smokey2Go said:

As expected, LA is done for 2023-24, hopefully they can salvage the 2024-25 season and clean house.  They will know more at the 11/16 TSSAA meeting laying out compliance improvements.  

The state championship was played last Friday - LA beat McCallie.

Ha!  Remember that Lipscomb would have had to beaten MBA, McCallie and Baylor again to win the 2023 DIIAAA state championship.  DIIAAA teams tend to be pretty competitive in the playoffs.  They don't tend to get scared off if you beat them in the regular season (even though Lipscomb failed to beat all of these team in the regular season).  These teams do not look like the same team when you play them the second time and they don't just quit.  The coaches at Baylor, MBA and McCallie are quite good-even if they do not have the talent that Lipscomb has. 

• Upvote 1