Lipscomb Academy

BelmontRebel

51 minutes ago, Chattanoogachoochoo said:

I would never mention personal names on here, even if you know, that’s really not fair to the child

I didn’t mention it the guy in the thread I quoted did. Relax.

Heres the direct quote from the post I questioned:

With all the reported school hoping and the radio show calling Scott Cooper Mr Text Message…”

Edited by Playerscoach

24 minutes ago, Playerscoach said:

I didn’t mention it the guy in the thread I quoted did. Relax.

Heres the direct quote from the post I questioned:

With all the reported school hoping and the radio show calling Scott Cooper Mr Text Message…”

Thanks for clarifying.   While I don’t approve of anything that has gone on there and my buddy from Nashville has given me many more names and details I never want to associate names in my comments and you didn’t.  It was a quote.   

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MichaelMyers76 said:

The smallest crowds they have. TSSAA release total attendance each year.

and the D2 Blueblood division is the worstest MM76...and those are large khaki and skirt wearin schools......remember goin to observe Booger thinkin to a MBA at Baylor semis or quarters post season contest in 19.....crowd was pitiful on both

.....not sure why that one sticks to memory so

Booger just sayin :thumb:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Smokey2Go said:

LA was warned this dad was bad.  Shame on them.

We still don’t know for sure what triggered the dad to go to the TSSAA with text messages offering to connect the dad with funding sources likely as he needed at Ensworth.  Someone posted earlier about not getting a release from Lipscomb because he played as an 8th grader in a varsity game???

Anyone have info on that?

In addition, he was a former or maybe even a current student at Lipscomb?? He announced on May 26 on X and Kreager re-X’d it.  It’s hard to see this as recruiting.  More about finding financial aide resources to close the gap.  Why in the world would Mr Text Message take this to the TSSAA?

I’m now struggling to understand what they are guilty of.

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, ChuckDSanAntonio said:

We still don’t know for sure what triggered the dad to go to the TSSAA with text messages offering to connect the dad with funding sources likely as he needed at Ensworth.  Someone posted earlier about not getting a release from Lipscomb because he played as an 8th grader in a varsity game???

Anyone have info on that?

In addition, he was a former or maybe even a current student at Lipscomb?? He announced on May 26 on X and Kreager re-X’d it.  It’s hard to see this as recruiting.  More about finding financial aide resources to close the gap.  Why in the world would Mr Text Message take this to the TSSAA?

I’m now struggling to understand what they are guilty of.

This ain't rocket science.

Lipscomb would not sign his release thereby making him ineligible at Ensworth this year. If the school you are leaving is willing to sign the release saying you did not transfer for athletic purposes then he could have played for Ensworth this year. Sometimes it is worth signing just to get rid of a headache. Sometimes you say heck no.

Vengeance is mine sayeth the Lord.

38 minutes ago, MichaelMyers76 said:

Lipscomb would not sign his release thereby making him ineligible at Ensworth this year. If the school you are leaving is willing to sign the release saying you did not transfer for athletic purposes then he could have played for Ensworth this year. Sometimes it is worth signing just to get rid of a headache. Sometimes you say heck no.

So he must have played   varsity sports as an 8th grader I assume.  Did he play both football and basketball or basketball?   Is he ineligible for both or all sports?

Edited by Chattanoogachoochoo

39 minutes ago, MichaelMyers76 said:

Did he transfer for athletic purposes?  In a prior post someone said the dad was mad Dilfer took the UAB job when he promised the dad he would be at Lipscomb until he graduated.

It sounds like the Admimstration being honest about it.