Oneida at Happy Valley

11 minutes ago, TSSAAfootball said:

I think both teams aren’t as good as their seed indicates. I think Polk is better than Oneida and I think SG is better than Happy Valley. Now what that means for this game I have no idea. Happy Valley seems like they have gotten better as season went on but their level of competition is questionable. Oneida hasn’t beaten a team with a winning record. But they are the more dynamic team. So big plays vs grind it out drives. Very hard game to pick. Running vs passing? Cold weather possible. Home field advantage to HV. 

No clue. But I’ll say 17-14 Oneida in overtime. 

Don’t forget long bus ride 

1 hour ago, TSSAAfootball said:

I think both teams aren’t as good as their seed indicates. I think Polk is better than Oneida and I think SG is better than Happy Valley. Now what that means for this game I have no idea. Happy Valley seems like they have gotten better as season went on but their level of competition is questionable. Oneida hasn’t beaten a team with a winning record. But they are the more dynamic team. So big plays vs grind it out drives. Very hard game to pick. Running vs passing? Cold weather possible. Home field advantage to HV. 

No clue. But I’ll say 17-14 Oneida in overtime. 

Maybe thats why this is the only game I haven't picked in the big one's contest. Gonna come down to the little things, penalties field position and turnovers. Like you, I think 21 point is good enough to win this game.

28 minutes ago, pujo said:

Maybe thats why this is the only game I haven't picked in the big one's contest. Gonna come down to the little things, penalties field position and turnovers. Like you, I think 21 point is good enough to win this game.

Agree 100%. Penalties and turnovers. I don’t think Oneida can drive the ball so they will have to hit a big play passing or on the QB run. The 3 good teams that Oneida has played, they have completely shut down the QB run. If you do that and force them to be one dimensional and have to drive the ball thru the air, then your chances are good.  Usually because Oneida will end up throwing an INT which could set up HV with a short field. 

But when HV has the ball it seems that a big negative play or 10 yard penalty could really derail their entire game plan during  that drive. 

Good luck picking this one. 

1 minute ago, TSSAAfootball said:

Agree 100%. Penalties and turnovers. I don’t think Oneida can drive the ball so they will have to hit a big play passing or on the QB run. The 3 good teams that Oneida has played, they have completely shut down the QB run. If you do that and force them to be one dimensional and have to drive the ball thru the air, then your chances are good.  Usually because Oneida will end up throwing an INT which could set up HV with a short field. 

But when HV has the ball it seems that a big negative play or 10 yard penalty could really derail their entire game plan during  that drive. 

Good luck picking this one. 

You are spot on , kicking game could very well be the difference,in that case, give it to Oneida. I do think HV has figured out who they areand play to their strength. They,ve improve a lot sense they figured it out. SG  is actually more talented that any team in this region, its not even close to be honest.

8 hours ago, pujo said:

I've made my pick. Refs we're terrible last week at CD. Had 60 yards of penities one drive. Oneida goes into hostile territory wins by 7. 

8 hours ago, TSSAAfootball said:

True. Definitely a factor. 
i just don’t know enough about HV to really get a feeling about this game. 

If it comes down to the kicking game that goes to Oneida. We can kick extra points but usually go for 2. Our punting isn't bad but kickoff can be pretty bad honestly.  You mentioned earlier about big negative plays on offense for us and yes we can not have those.  3rd and long is VERY Very bad for us. We have figured out a way of just staying on schedule.  One thing I think has been kinda over looked during the winning streak is penalties and turnovers. We have done a good job the last 7 games in that area overall. 

2 hours ago, TheUltimateWarrior98 said:

If it comes down to the kicking game that goes to Oneida. We can kick extra points but usually go for 2. Our punting isn't bad but kickoff can be pretty bad honestly.  You mentioned earlier about big negative plays on offense for us and yes we can not have those.  3rd and long is VERY Very bad for us. We have figured out a way of just staying on schedule.  One thing I think has been kinda over looked during the winning streak is penalties and turnovers. We have done a good job the last 7 games in that area overall. 

Penalties and turnovers are back breakers for almost anyone. Gotta stay ahead of the chains. Regardless of what happens Friday night, you guys have improved and had a good year. A playoff win would just be icing on the cake.

1 hour ago, pujo said:

Penalties and turnovers are back breakers for almost anyone. Gotta stay ahead of the chains. Regardless of what happens Friday night, you guys have improved and had a good year. A playoff win would just be icing on the cake.

I doubt anybody had HV as 2 seed before the year started. I honestly didn’t have them even making the playoffs. I thought WG and Eagleton would be 3,4.

Happy Valley should just follow the recipe that Bledsoe used.  Oneida’s offense is very easy to figure out how to stop this year. The question comes down to if you can execute that plan but it’s simply just harassing the QB. Good teams just key on him and have completely shut down their offense. I think in 3 losses to Coalfield, York, and Bledsoe they averaged about 60 yards of offense per game. Take away the QB run, put pressure on him and force him to make mistakes. They have trouble driving the ball. They usually score via a big play. But key on the QB and it shuts everything down. Then when you get the ball, grind out long drives ending in points. Minimize silly mistakes like Pujo mentioned. Penalties and turnovers. Stay ahead of the sticks and don’t get tricky or cute.  That’s the recipe. 

59 minutes ago, TSSAAfootball said:

I doubt anybody had HV as 2 seed before the year started. I honestly didn’t have them even making the playoffs. I thought WG and Eagleton would be 3,4.

Happy Valley should just follow the recipe that Bledsoe used.  Oneida’s offense is very easy to figure out how to stop this year. The question comes down to if you can execute that plan but it’s simply just harassing the QB. Good teams just key on him and have completely shut down their offense. I think in 3 losses to Coalfield, York, and Bledsoe they averaged about 60 yards of offense per game. Take away the QB run, put pressure on him and force him to make mistakes. They have trouble driving the ball. They usually score via a big play. But key on the QB and it shuts everything down. Then when you get the ball, grind out long drives ending in points. Minimize silly mistakes like Pujo mentioned. Penalties and turnovers. Stay ahead of the sticks and don’t get tricky or cute.  That’s the recipe. 

I’ve said it all year long and some here got mad and called me out on it. Oneida only goes as the QB goes and if he don’t go then it don’t go PERIOD. If HV has any bit of a D coordinator he will see exactly how to win this ball game. 

Stop the QB and watch out for the famous Oneida TE screen. Stop that and you have stopped the entire offense. 

Edited by Spike016

49 minutes ago, Spike016 said:

I’ve said it all year long and some here got mad and called me out on it. Oneida only goes as the QB goes and if he don’t go then it don’t go PERIOD. If HV has any bit of a D coordinator he will see exactly how to win this ball game. 

Stop the QB and watch out for the famous Oneida TE screen. Stop that and you have stopped the entire offense. 

HV does a good job on D , they,ve always struggled on offence. It appears to have gotten better. 1st team to 21.

HV not very strong against pass or Qb run from spread Eagleton Qb had long td run hhs qb had a great game vs HV will have a hard time stopping Onieda QB. Agree SG is most talented team but so many stupid unsportsmanlike conduct penalty would not be surprised to see several kicked out  most undisciplined team i have ever saw play a game of football.Hampton solid but not spectacular will have a very hard time with polk