Oneida at Happy Valley

3 hours ago, pujo said:

Give York a fit in the 1st half. And I'm sure you realize its all about matchups.

That 21-12 score at half was a little misleading. Polk ran a halfback pass on their 2nd offensive play for a 70 yard TD. Perfectly executed by #33. Then at the end of the half #12 ran a kickoff back to the redzone and Polk was able to get a score on a 4th down pass. Leffew carved them up all game. York ended up with something like 460 yards of offense and Polk had about 150 yards, which almost all was in 1st half thanks to that halfback pass. I get that it's still football but if you watch it, the dominance was pretty evident from the beginning. They couldn't stop York all night and Polk couldn't run the ball at all. 

Coalfield 33-0

York 28-0

Bledsoe 28-0 

The 3 best teams on Oneidas schedule and they didn’t score a single point. If HV has a defense that can shut down the QB for Oneida that may be all she wrote. If Oneida can run and open the pass a little then Oneida has a shot to go on the road and get a W. However looking at it those 3 teams shut Oneida down startin with QB and that was the result. 

2 hours ago, TSSAAfootball said:

That 21-12 score at half was a little misleading. Polk ran a halfback pass on their 2nd offensive play for a 70 yard TD. Perfectly executed by #33. Then at the end of the half #12 ran a kickoff back to the redzone and Polk was able to get a score on a 4th down pass. Leffew carved them up all game. York ended up with something like 460 yards of offense and Polk had about 150 yards, which almost all was in 1st half thanks to that halfback pass. I get that it's still football but if you watch it, the dominance was pretty evident from the beginning. They couldn't stop York all night and Polk couldn't run the ball at all. 

I stand Corrected. Didn't really know all that went on.

14 hours ago, pujo said:

I stand Corrected. Didn't really know all that went on.

IMO you guys will handle them pretty easily. I can see it being somewhat close in 1st half but you guys will pull away in second half. Something like 14-6 at half and final of 40-14.

#12 is a stud though. Maybe a faster version of Burleson. When Oneida played him he was clearly the best player on the field but didn't get used much and when he did it was thru awful play design. 

Edited by TSSAAfootball

2 hours ago, TSSAAfootball said:

IMO you guys will handle them pretty easily. I can see it being somewhat close in 1st half but you guys will pull away in second half. Something like 14-6 at half and final of 40-14.

#12 is a stud though. Maybe a faster version of Burleson. When Oneida played him he was clearly the best player on the field but didn't get used much and when he did it was thru awful play design. 

We,ve spotted 12,lol

19 hours ago, Spike016 said:

Coalfield 33-0

York 28-0

Bledsoe 28-0 

The 3 best teams on Oneidas schedule and they didn’t score a single point. If HV has a defense that can shut down the QB for Oneida that may be all she wrote. If Oneida can run and open the pass a little then Oneida has a shot to go on the road and get a W. However looking at it those 3 teams shut Oneida down startin with QB and that was the result. 

We are pretty good at stopping the run but we haven't played many teams with a scrambling qb like yalls. Eagleton I'd say would be the closest thing to that.  

3 hours ago, TSSAAfootball said:

Well proceed with the Al Davis philosophy 

• Like 1

On 10/30/2023 at 10:19 AM, TSSAAfootball said:

Eagleton is the one common opponent. Eagleton dropped an easy INT towards end of game vs Oneida or they would have had the ball down by 4 with a chance to win it. Oneida scored a couple of plays later to make it 14-3, which ended up the final score

Happy Valley was up 30-12 at halftime vs Eagleton. 

But probably have to take all that with a grain of salt. That seems like forever ago. 

IMO Vegas would put spread at this game as HV -3 due to home field advantage and possibility of cold weather. 

Also sounds like stopping #34 or stopping #1 will be the key for each team.

Somehow i forgot Oneida played Eagleton. The Eagleton game for us was game #1 of getting under center and getting physical. Not  surprising that it was also the begging of the win streak.