Oneida at Happy Valley

1 hour ago, TheUltimateWarrior98 said:

Shotgun every snap with a kid in motion at the snap and ran a lot of zone reads and jet sweeps. 

Gotcha. I don’t see the value in that unless you have a bunch of speed. I wonder if it will be cold enough to be a factor in the passing game. I know the temperature will be about 50 but is it a warm 50 or a windy freezing your balls off 50. I still have no clue who I would pick in this game. 

2 minutes ago, TSSAAfootball said:

Gotcha. I don’t see the value in that unless you have a bunch of speed. I wonder if it will be cold enough to be a factor in the passing game. I know the temperature will be about 50 but is it a warm 50 or a windy freezing your balls off 50. I still have no clue who I would pick in this game. 

Me either honestly. I wouldn’t be surprised with a triple OT win by 1 from either side but I would be equally not surprised by a blowout by either side. Of course it’s likely somewhere much closer to the middle but I just don’t know anything specifically about HV and honestly just haven’t took time to watch and find out. I’m just gonna wait until Friday and find out I guess. 

5 minutes ago, crow said:

Me either honestly. I wouldn’t be surprised with a triple OT win by 1 from either side but I would be equally not surprised by a blowout by either side. Of course it’s likely somewhere much closer to the middle but I just don’t know anything specifically about HV and honestly just haven’t took time to watch and find out. I’m just gonna wait until Friday and find out I guess. 

They run a very similar system to Bledsoe but just don’t have the same quality of players. I watched the West Greene game but still can’t tell how good they are. They look like they have some good players and they look like they know what they want to do. Run it over and over. Just like Bledsoe. They don’t look as inept as Polk on offense. Some good play designs. Their QB can run too. Not like a burner but the threat is there. Kinda again like Bledsoe. If they are B- version of Bledsoe it will be season over for Oneida. If they are a C- version of Bledsoe then Oneida should win. 

2 hours ago, TSSAAfootball said:

They run a very similar system to Bledsoe but just don’t have the same quality of players. I watched the West Greene game but still can’t tell how good they are. They look like they have some good players and they look like they know what they want to do. Run it over and over. Just like Bledsoe. They don’t look as inept as Polk on offense. Some good play designs. Their QB can run too. Not like a burner but the threat is there. Kinda again like Bledsoe. If they are B- version of Bledsoe it will be season over for Oneida. If they are a C- version of Bledsoe then Oneida should win. 

I don’t really disagree but here is an interesting point to ponder. No doubt that in our 3 losses our offense was shut down. No if’s, and’s or but’s about that. Looking at the 3 that did that they are all considered among the top tier of their respective classes, at least in the east. In the other 7 games if we found a way to score at all we won the game. It has taken top tier teams, again at least in the east, to shut us down completely. The question is does the HV defense fit that bill. I’m absolutely not saying they don’t or that they also can’t do that. Just an interesting point to think about. We either work or we don’t. That and we typically do not play 4 quarters, there’s typically a lull somewhere so there will also likely be that to overcome and that’ll get harder and harder to do each game the rest of the way, however long that is. 

Edited by crow

1 hour ago, THE KING said:

I will pick hv something like 20-14. HV defense is still their best quality.  I think Oneida can win if their passing game strikes big but I think it will take big plays from them.

If it wasn’t for a big pass play with bout 30 secs left at Polk we would be a 4 seed goin to Hampton. So yes that’s very true 

Edited by Spike016

27 minutes ago, dogtruth said:

Oh come on spill the beans... I still haven't picked yet:roflol:

Sonny Moore says HV, may have wires crossed though, Its only 5 points. Total body of work usually tells the truth ,but things happen in a football game that makes them all different. Ball bounces funny sometimes.