Who are the top teams in East Tennessee?

Jhooper24

Not sure if this only a public school discussion,  but Baylor is the best team in East Tn. They have 3 losses all to out of state teams ranked in the top 150 nationally. Have a 6’10 center and 6’7 PF. Lots of shooters too.

Edited by FR615

2 hours ago, strongx said:

#22 for the home team looked like the best player on the floor. Is he also a soph?

I will respectfully disagree, Owensby is good but WB’s Windle was the best player on the floor, imo. And no offense to WB’s other players because they played very hard but I would also say Owensby’s teammates are quite a bit better than Windle’s.

Edited by Norman Dale

I went to the Maryville vs Hardin Valley game tonight. I can see why Maryville is winning. Jonathon Woodley is a stud. Heck of a point guard and breaks defenses down. Alex Akard is a good ballplayer.  What really excites me is Maryville is really young. They only play 2 seniors. Akard will be a huge loss after this season. He affected a lot of shots tonight. 

On 10/31/2023 at 12:32 PM, ClaboCrazy1961 said:

4A- Sevier County, Oak Ridge, Walker Valley, Bradley Central

3A- Fulton and Greeneville

2A- Alcoa,  Austin-East, and Gatlinburg-Pittman

1A- ?

Thoughts?

Definitely Harriman in 1A. Only lost 1 game all year, by 1 point to 2A kingston. 

13 hours ago, Norman Dale said:

I will respectfully disagree, Owensby is good but WB’s Windle was the best player on the floor, imo. And no offense to WB’s other players because they played very hard but I would also say Owensby’s teammates are quite a bit better than Windle’s.

Several really good players on the floor. I’m a big fan of the other WB kid as well.

It seemed like #22 elevated his game and does not have to score to have a big  impact on the game. KW needs more aggression IMO to match his skills. Good game.

On 2/3/2024 at 9:19 PM, REBELRON said:

I went to the Maryville vs Hardin Valley game tonight. I can see why Maryville is winning. Jonathon Woodley is a stud. Heck of a point guard and breaks defenses down. Alex Akard is a good ballplayer.  What really excites me is Maryville is really young. They only play 2 seniors. Akard will be a huge loss after this season. He affected a lot of shots tonight. 

Woodley is having a great season. He is finally becoming more aggressive on the offensive end. Akard will be a big loss, but Sigmund will be back next year.