Mr. Football 1A Semifinalist (Official)

BBRaider

Per the TSSAA article:

A committee of statewide sports writers selected winners based on performance in the 2023 regular season. Academics and character were also taken into consideration. High school head coaches and members of the media nominated the finalists.

In addition to Ben's great accomplishments on the field, He has a 4.0 gpa!!! Incredible! I am sure that this helped his case for Mr. Football candidate. Everyone seems to overlook that! 

Congrats to Ben on a great year. We all know how much you mean to this team. Records you set at the school will be hard to beat. I think you now own them all except for total career yards. If last year was not a bust (thanks powers that be) then you would likely have that one too! Great job. Stay humble as always! 

Edited by HerefortheDAWGS
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, ItsAlwaysSunnyInAtwood said:

Laughable. Alcoa typically only gets 1 nominee but South Pitt gets 2 basically every season.

Laughable? This is only the second time that I can think of since they went to this format. I’ve seen Alcoa with 2 A whole lot of times. Surprised they didn’t have two again this year. 

53 minutes ago, oneyewilly said:

Congrats to all the young men!

Again.Not saying Franklin isn't deserving.Maybe should be at top of list along with Mullins simply cause of great stats and everyone keying on them making them earn it as not having other players help them out.Just know most of the time,players on teams with not so great records don't usually make it over players on very good teams.

20 minutes ago, Pirate2003 said:

It sounds like he gets most of the rushing attempts for the entire team. Who do they have besides this kid?

I mean not as many as you would think , but he is 6’4 245lbs and is faster than anybody on the field so I think most people would give him the ball a pretty good bit. 18 a game. 

They have other pieces to go along with him though that can make things happen.