Tha littull fellurs goes two #1 Brad Lee

STARSNBARS

3 minutes ago, Bradleysports23 said:

If your friends aren’t prepared to see maryville lose then they’re trash fans. If you’re only a fan when they’re winning… you’re no fan at all. 

Some of those friends are to old to get around as they once did but all still gather to watch on TV if the game is on. Some don't come to avoid saying something that would possibly provoke a fight with one of the daddies plus there is no way you could sneak a couple of cases of Michelob Light by the ticket taker so they stay home to stay out of trouble. Most are angy as ale about everything that is happening at Maryville High and that's not just football. When I talk about no game on NFHS that usually comes from one of them as they all gather at someone's house and then no game comes on everyone of them want to scalp somebody's head at the high school for stupid nonsense like that. 

6 minutes ago, FarmTeam said:

Boo Carter playing both ways…Not sure why we aren’t seeing more teams maximize use of talent & manpower like Bradley, esp in games that really matter throughout the season & obviously post season. Takes some careful & strategic management to most effectively/safely use players both ways, but clearly it CAN be done. 

We did a good job of it this year. Played our best player at RB and LB and got hurt against Heritage starting the third quarter in the first game and lost him for really most of the season. What time he played when back wasn't really that much. You over do it and get him hurt again and the coaches knew that. If your a DB not that big of an issue.

5 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Some of those friends are to old to get around as they once did but all still gather to watch on TV if the game is on. Some don't come to avoid saying something that would possibly provoke a fight with one of the daddies plus there is no way you could sneak a couple of cases of Michelob Light by the ticket taker so they stay home to stay out of trouble. Most are angy as ale about everything that is happening at Maryville High and that's not just football. When I talk about no game on NFHS that usually comes from one of them as they all gather at someone's house and then no game comes on everyone of them want to scalp somebody's head at the high school for stupid nonsense like that. 

Well yeah I understand that. What pisses me off is maryville has always had a big crowd… them boys deserve fans.. they looked pitiful lastnight. We honestly felt bad for them…. And I’ve always been a maryville fan. Maryville has less fans now than ever.. no no no if you’re going to support them when they’re up support them when they’re down.. is what I tell people

1 hour ago, MidTennFootball said:

By having complete buy in from youth league all the way through high school, developed by top flight coaching. Your right as far as scheme goes,  they couldn't be more different although Hunt has been more run oriented than his predecessor 

Okay, that makes sense. I’m not familiar with their youth programs, but I do agree that has a huge impact on the success of the Maryville football program. And obviously coaching at the high school level too. I think Maryville needs to get back to a more balanced offense and developing more of a passing attack this off-season. 

10 minutes ago, Bradleysports23 said:

Well yeah I understand that. What pisses me off is maryville has always had a big crowd… them boys deserve fans.. they looked pitiful lastnight. We honestly felt bad for them…. And I’ve always been a maryville fan. Maryville has less fans now than ever.. no no no if you’re going to support them when they’re up support them when they’re down.. is what I tell people

You are so wrong about this. Completely. The Maryville community supports this program just as much as they always have. The stadium is full every Friday night and the away stands were pretty dang full last night, just scanning on tv. But sure, come on here and try to stir the pot by talking about something you have no clue about. Get outta here. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bradleysports23 said:

I totally agree with you but football crowds are like a restaurant crowds. You serve Chitty Food you will see an empty dinning room.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Bradleysports23 said:

You wanna talk about support? Let’s talk about all the times BC came up to Maryville undefeated with a chance to take the region or even in a playoff game, and got beat worse than Maryville did last night. You wanna know if the BC side was full? Not even close. 

4 minutes ago, JJrebel2010 said:

You wanna talk about support? Let’s talk about all the times BC came up to Maryville undefeated with a chance to take the region or even in a playoff game, and got beat worse than Maryville did last night. You wanna know if the BC side was full? Not even close. 

I've seen many games down there where very few people were there at their home games a few years back. All you could see was empty seats. may be able to go back a few years on film on You Tube and see some of them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BarneySox2007 said:

We did a good job of it this year. Played our best player at RB and LB and got hurt against Heritage starting the third quarter in the first game and lost him for really most of the season. What time he played when back wasn't really that much. You over do it and get him hurt again and the coaches knew that. If your a DB not that big of an issue.

But that’s just my point - why was GL playing both ways against Heritage, of all teams anyway ? It wasn’t needed. Not a high stakes game, and could have easily won that one w/out him, period. I said “careful, strategic & safe management” for important games. No reason for him to be in as LB at all during that game, and could have probs rested as RB the whole 2nd half. That was not “careful or strategic use” of a player going both ways. 

1 hour ago, JJrebel2010 said:

Hold up… where did you butt into this conversation? You wanna get on here and act like maryville has all the support they did when they were winning championships. Read the comments maryvilles own fans are saying  people “got tired of watching Oakland pound maryville” maryvilles crowd is pathetic compared to what it was. What happened September 1st I think there were what 200 maryville fans? Yeah lastnight they wanted to get the momentum going again for a hopes of advancing in playoffs.. desperately  by being busses full of students. Maryvilles support has died and is dying dramatically. September 1st was pathetic… maryville brought hardly nobody. Bradley is only another new addition to the beginning of the fall of maryville… you reign and you fall just like the Roman Empire… Oakland was the bullet that stopped maryville and bearden and Farragut and Bradley are only a simple flavor of kryptonite that ends it. A reign will not last forever and this is just the beginning of the fall. So don’t get on here and act like maryvilles fans are true die hards…, let’s see how next years fans look. 

5 hours ago, JustinBuck said:

A scrimmage?

It's 100% better than the imaginary games that get played on Coacht everyday!. :rolleyes:The scrimmage was game like with officials and Boo Carter, and the full BC D1 Secondary. This was right before the season started.

Alcoa vs BC starters ended with Alcoa winning 14-0. Scrimmage was cut short when BC wanted to fight cause they where getting pushed around on their own field.

Yes, A scrimmage. Alcoa Scrimmaged BC and McCallie pre-season. Sometime it's the best Alcoa can get.......play it down all you want, Alcoa needs games for next year. BC would work just fine as a regular season opponent!:thumb:

Alcoa Sophomore with 45 yard run....

Alcoa's Brandon Winton carving up BC secondary for a TD.