Tha littull fellurs goes two #1 Brad Lee

STARSNBARS

1 hour ago, BarneySox2007 said:

That's great, blood is thicker than water and he wants to see his nephew and the team while he's willing to take those risk that speaks volumes. My beef is with the administration for allowing people to be suckered into believing they are going to see the game that Friday Night and the thing isn't even on. Do you think when that happens everyone at home says no game tonight, let's go in the kitchen and make a pie. I would be willing to bet a dollar for every cuss word that was said towards Maryville High could rake in a couple of thousand dollars everytime that happens. Imagine the principal setting at home and being cussed out to ale and back and not even knowing it.

That’s where you are wrong. He would be there regardless of the coach, record, or any other circumstances, lord willing . I know many that are similar. They are called fans. 

Edited by MLREB

58 minutes ago, BCsportsfan said:

Ha. YOUR all star team shows up gets their azzes handed to them on their own football field. Wants to fight at mid field.

Yeah, call it what ever you want to cry baby.....boo and company GOT BEAT PLAYING FOOTBALL! :thumb:

Alcoa got beat by maryvilles freshman team… man that little 3A title has no grit behind it…. Wittle tweee Aye title and maryville beat y’all what in the last 20 years? To be exact it’s 16-4 Lmao…. Man this is hilarious. Such a hilarious program never even been nationally noticed because 3A is not recognized at any national level. Which sucks for Alcoa because at 3A they get the titles but no recognition and at 6A they get no titles or recognition lol……… wow…..  so fake all them championships and put them at 4 total in the last 20 years had they been 6A and that’s assuming they would have beat the team in the state game so more like 2 realistically.  Wonder what that pathetic little program pays the TSSAA to stay put in 3A so they can keep them titles rollin in? Lol

32 minutes ago, MLREB said:

That’s where you are wrong. He would be there regardless of the coach, record, or any other circumstances, lord willing . I know many that are similar. They are called fans. 

I realize he loves those games. If I said I enjoy watching the games from home and I do have a real legitimate reason and I don't want to miss one am I fan or what am I.

2 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

I realize he loves those games. If I said I enjoy watching the games from home and I do have a real legitimate reason and I don't want to miss one am I fan or what am I.

I was happy they started streaming. I missed games during Covid because of crowd limitation and felt the parents and family of those that had kids playing or participating should get to go over me. Streaming is a really nice alternative now.

Plus, I love going to the game then being able to rewatch it later.

But we have been blessed with radio coverage of schools here for years and then the streaming started very quickly. Now all 3 of our teams have dedicated radio station coverage and streaming for a lot of games.

2 hours ago, Bradleysports23 said:

Brother it’s really not even the wins that makes this team so special it’s the phenomenal plays. The multiple 99 yard runs from boo. The 60+ yard pass TDs . . Kaleb Martin has set the record for 44 personal TDs in a season. That was before this last game so it’s 49 now. Boo carter set the record for 17 receiving TDs in a season ..the interceptions.  I’ll  have to check the other records they have set, It’s just nuts….. like I said. Win or lose… the team is basically a fantasy high school football team. D1 quarterback…. D1 receivers , D1 defense, D1 running backs. Weak and strong side are both D1 prospect filled. and weakness is the coaching program … imagine what George quarles or Gary rankin with their programs could do with Bradley’s current team If they had them. I doubt Bradley nor any other school for awhile will see a team like this. How it happened in one off season…. I’ll never know… it was a blessing for the fans.. while it lasted. I’m sure Bradley won’t be THAT good next year unless whatever happened and got these players here happens again lol only time will tell on that one.. I’ve heard rumors but that’s just that. 

The individual records will be there but if they don’t win the gold ball it would be massive failure 

3 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

I'm going to say this about Maryville and the head coach. Last summer me and BC from Alcoa had a big talk after a scrimmage between Alcoa and McCallie and we were talking about the stability of the program at Maryville and I remember him saying we actually have the best coach available that is right for the program. I done a lot of thinking about that statement and he is 100% right. We're in a downturn compared to the past but I do agree we come up on the short end of the stick with the athletes we normally see coming through the system. You can look at all the coach's from  every program out there and figure out in a minute why they wouldn't stand a chance at Maryville. Derek came in behind someone that set the bar so high no one can touch it. 7-5 isn't a losing record considering we had to replace 17 starters and 18 if you count LaDue after the first game. I was pleased overall with what they came up with but counldn't understand the Farragut loss for anything and I guess that may have had a lot to do with the win against Alcoa. We played Bradley a good game right up until that kickoff with a minute 30 to go. After that we may have got into desperation mode and the wheels came off of the wagon. I am looking forward to next year.  Also one thing I really liked this year was a personal interview with Derek every week and I enjoyed those very much.

Yep. Derek is a great guy, and there’s a reason all the coaches that had been there longer than him all vouched for him and said he should be head coach. No doubt that he’s the right guy for the job. He’s Maryville through and through. And I have full faith he’s gonna get them back to competing for championships. Two subpar years, shouldn’t overshadow the fact that he’s already won 2 gold balls. No matter who replaced GQ, no one will ever be able to repeat what he did. He was the best high school coach in the country in my opinion. And Ellis and Gaylor were two of the best right under him. Better days are ahead I think. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FR615 said:

The individual records will be there but if they don’t win the gold ball it would be massive failure 

I mean Not necessarily….. we are not even predicted to win this year now. Not sure why… I think penalties per game have knocked them back, Germantown is predicted to win. 50/50 every game,… one bad night and we could even lose to bearden. Every game is a new game…but it will be hard to stop Bradley at this point. Have to have a REALLY bad night lol 

1 hour ago, FR615 said:

And I’ll say this… maryville played a beautiful game in round 2… they answered Bradley in everything they done in the 1H.. maryville was playing state championship level ball. But they just couldn’t keep up with the talent… and Bradley plays really hard in the 2nd half and it’s hard to keep that pace up all game.. momentum wise Bradley has that superstar play energy every snap and it’s hard for any team to adjust to that. No doubt.., maryville would have mud stomped bearden Friday night and anybody can argue that. I would have bet a whole check on maryville vs bearden in 2nd round… bearden beating maryville in playoffs AINT happening. Period 

15 hours ago, JustinBuck said:

Scrimmage or nah?

Call it what you want. Go ahead! :lol: I know the trash talk that started in the early summer at the 7 on 7's. The teddy Bears called out Alcoa. Alcoa agreed to play them in REAL football. There was nearly a full stadium for the SCRIMMAGE! 

Both teams was out for bragging rights. Alcoa busted them in the mouth! Fact.

Now go cry some more about it ONLY being a scrimmage.....I DON'T CARE. B)

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Bradleysports23 said:

Alcoa got beat by maryvilles freshman team… man that little 3A title has no grit behind it…. Wittle tweee Aye title and maryville beat y’all what in the last 20 years? To be exact it’s 16-4 Lmao…. Man this is hilarious. Such a hilarious program never even been nationally noticed because 3A is not recognized at any national level. Which sucks for Alcoa because at 3A they get the titles but no recognition and at 6A they get no titles or recognition lol……… wow…..  so fake all them championships and put them at 4 total in the last 20 years had they been 6A and that’s assuming they would have beat the team in the state game so more like 2 realistically.  Wonder what that pathetic little program pays the TSSAA to stay put in 3A so they can keep them titles rollin in? Lol

Ha...all I heard...

NNu7z5.gif.c232eb9859f093fa90d1cd84594fedb4.gif

• Like 1

On 11/11/2023 at 11:24 AM, BarneySox2007 said:

Not bashing Oakland but good for the game to see different teams win. Yes Maryville done exactly the same thing but as time wore on it became evident why no one was coming to see a azz whooping across the field from us. Not an Oakland hater by any means. Maryville lost not only a great head coach but two Hall of Fame assistants that you can see the difference like night and day. It would be nice to see the move ins slow down some and play with your own crop and not reload with all D1 players year after year. Creasy is a fine coach indeed and has been very successful. I have a lot of friends that no longer attend  the games anymore because they already know no matter what or how good we are we have to deal with the Oakland beatdown. I honestly feel the same way but not ready to jump off the ship but I don't go to many games as I once did in years past. No way in ale was I going to drive down 75 last night to watch what I already knew was going to happen when I could watch it at home and save the long drive and even watch other games like the Jefferson and Bearden game and also the Oak Ridge disaster and be in bed  after, while everyone is only halfway back from the game. Plus I also do not agree with the dictatorship that is running that high school and why I won't give them a wooden nickle to help out while that BS keeps going on and gets deeper every year.

So you're a fair weather fan?  Got it

• Like 1