Beech @ SouthWind

BarnBurner09

12 minutes ago, Kevin38 said:

I tried to tell you guys all week, I said 2 scores and it was more than 3, I am sure yall had some turnoevers like we did, why because their D-line is really good and they have speed all over the field, they CREATE turnovers, not tooting my horn but everybody wanted to down play these guys...

SW - 45

Beech - 22

Beech played bad and with no emotion. SW played solid and not very many mistakes. The line play was not anything special. The QB hit a few deep balls and then the Beech defense packed it in. SW was not a physical team but played a very clean and disciplined game. This game was as much Beech losing as it was SW winning. They have a good team but I still don’t think this is a great team.

That said, hats off to SW on a good win. Very disciplined and clean. 

13 minutes ago, Kevin38 said:

I tried to tell you guys all week, I said 2 scores and it was more than 3, I am sure yall had some turnoevers like we did, why because their D-line is really good and they have speed all over the field, they CREATE turnovers, not tooting my horn but everybody wanted to down play these guys...

SW - 45

Beech - 22

Good call Kevin38 , go ahead and toot your horn. Everyone selling Southwind short could be going home early. Should be great game with Henry County . I thought Hendersonville had Big Red on the ropes up 3 having it 1st and goal at HC 5 but HC had great goal line stand and scored on 98 yd drive scoring with only seconds left. Listening on radio the announcers said HC  QB was in pain throughout fourth but he took it and took the Pats with the win. HC needs get healed up for Southwind as much as possible they’ll need him to move forward.

9 minutes ago, eers said:

Beech played bad and with no emotion. SW played solid and not very many mistakes. The line play was not anything special. The QB hit a few deep balls and then the Beech defense packed it in. SW was not a physical team but played a very clean and disciplined game. This game was as much Beech losing as it was SW winning. They have a good team but I still don’t think this is a great team.

That is exactly what I expected you to say, congrats on a good season anyhow...lol

I'm pretty certain when you look at teams that both faced, whether it be in a game or a scrimmage, it's quite evident that Southwind was simply just a better football team. You don't just accidentally go 12-0 at this point & have 3 shutouts in a row (5 overall) heading into this game. Scoring 54, 50, 62, & 45. Better team won. I don't know what the surprise is after they beat Springfield 62-0.... Not knocking Beech, Southwind is just a solid squad.

Edited by thegreatone36
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, thegreatone36 said:

I'm pretty certain when you look at teams that both faced, whether it be in a game or a scrimmage, it's quite evident that Southwind was simply just a better football team. You don't just accidentally go 12-0 at this point & have 3 shutouts in a row (5 overall) heading into this game. Scoring 54, 50, 62, & 45. Better team won. I don't know what the surprise is after they beat Springfield 62-0.... 

I wasn’t surprised. I was warning people not to sleep on SW.  I think they are very disciplined and very well coached.  Both of their lines are big and mobile. The QB is quick/shifty and has the arm to throw the deep ball, RB can scoot.  Big Red will have their hands full next week. This isn’t your normal Memphis team

9 minutes ago, Kevin38 said:

That is exactly what I expected you to say, congrats on a good season anyhow...lol

They are a solid team and I was very impressed with the discipline and execution. I’m not taking anything away from them, I just really didn’t see anything that wowed me. The QB is good and has the potential to be really good. Throws the deep ball very well, but there were also several times he had receivers running through the secondary uncovered and at times unnoticed. That’s what I mean by Beech losing the game. Uncovered receivers are unacceptable. SW had a good game plan that they executed well. Beech had a lot of mental mistakes that helped. 

10 minutes ago, thegreatone36 said:

I'm pretty certain when you look at teams that both faced, whether it be in a game or a scrimmage, it's quite evident that Southwind was simply just a better football team. You don't just accidentally go 12-0 at this point & have 3 shutouts in a row (5 overall) heading into this game. Scoring 54, 50, 62, & 45. Better team won. I don't know what the surprise is after they beat Springfield 62-0.... 

Better team won. 

1 minute ago, eers said:

They are a solid team and I was very impressed with the discipline and execution. I’m not taking anything away from them, I just really didn’t see anything that wowed me. The QB is good and has the potential to be really good. Throws the deep ball very well, but there were also several times he had receivers running through the secondary uncovered and at times unnoticed. That’s what I mean by Beech losing the game. Uncovered receivers are unacceptable. SW had a good game plan that they executed well. Beech had a lot of mental mistakes that helped. 

The coaching, IMHO, is what makes this SW different from the other Memphis teams that we have played.  I think next week’s game with HC will be a @BarnBurner09

55 minutes ago, eers said:

Dude, it's okay to say it. Southwind is legit. It's easy to write them off as just another 5A Memphis team that cruised through region 8, but the facts are that we have 4 common opponents with them, and other than Ridgeway (whom we both shut out), they have out performed us against every one of them. 

I am greatly appreciative of our homefield advantage next week, but Southwind still has a very decent chance of going to the semis. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, MSURacer said:

Dude, it's okay to say it. Southwind is legit. It's easy to write them off as just another 5A Memphis team that cruised through region 8, but the facts are that we have 4 common opponents with them, and other than Ridgeway (whom we both shut out), they have out performed us against every one of them. 

I am greatly appreciative of our homefield advantage next week, but Southwind still has a very decent chance of going to the semis. 

I don’t even have a guess for next week to be honest. HC could win by 3 scores or get beat. If they play as clean as they did tonight they’ll be a tough out. They’re a pretty dang good team. All I’m saying is I was impressed, just not wowed.