Rd 3 McKenzie travels to Moore Co

RedRebelman

4 minutes ago, City223 said:

i don’t think there’s a lot. most of their playmakers graduated if not all

They have several more. There qb is really good. A couple good running backs. There defense has some real size and playmakers. The cupboard is not empty over there. Moore County will not have an easy game trust me. Most teams would kill to have a Qb like them. He is easily good enough to take over a game just like the White kid can.

28 minutes ago, Sherdog said:

They have several more. There qb is really good. A couple good running backs. There defense has some real size and playmakers. The cupboard is not empty over there. Moore County will not have an easy game trust me. Most teams would kill to have a Qb like them. He is easily good enough to take over a game just like the White kid can.

yea i’m sure they have more playmakers that took their place but i doubt they’re as good as the last couple years. also are they younger or upperclassmen?

1 minute ago, City223 said:

yea i’m sure they have more playmakers that took their place but i doubt they’re as good as the last couple years. also are they younger or upperclassmen?

Can't speak for the team but I know they have a receiver or two that started last year and the Qb is a junior.

15 minutes ago, Sherdog said:

Can't speak for the team but I know they have a receiver or two that started last year and the Qb is a junior.

17 minutes ago, City223 said:

I can tell you they have some juniors and seniors step right in that know how to ball just like the ones that graduated.  They just reloaded.  Heck they even have a Freshman that starts on both sides of the ball.  But, he’s not your typical freshman.  You’ll probably be hearing him in Mr. Football conversations down the road.  Their current QB should be up for Mr. football too.  He’s thrown about 25 TD’s to only one interception.  That’s unheard of in high school football.  I just know he lit us up when we played them.  

14 hours ago, hogheaven said:

All 5 of the moore county folks that can read are on here.  That is 100% participation!  Raider Pride   I am joking    There are at least 10!  Bahaha   

My wife is from Moore county.  She reeds reel good.  Purty decent at ciphering numbers two.  Now wheres that whippersnapper MC coach that hangs here lettin' us know whut we can and can't discuss.

To answer the question of how many starters are back.  It is 5 on offense and 5 on defense.  But remember this....those kids who didn't "start" last year, played EVERY game.  So they have the experience.  Our concern coming in this year was replacing 4 of the 5 lineman.  We returned 1 true starting offensive lineman.  With that said, our line is doing a pretty good job this year. 

Again, don't count us out.    

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, VOLnWTN said:

To answer the question of how many starters are back.  It is 5 on offense and 5 on defense.  But remember this....those kids who didn't "start" last year, played EVERY game.  So they have the experience.  Our concern coming in this year was replacing 4 of the 5 lineman.  We returned 1 true starting offensive lineman.  With that said, our line is doing a pretty good job this year. 

Again, don't count us out.    

If anyone is counting McKenzie out, they have not been paying attention. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sherdog said:

Uh…..Promise you he is not nearly as good as the Dawson White….& Everyone will see that soon enough…..

MC 35-21

Is there a scenario where McKenzie gets the WIN?  Absolutely, I think they are a strong team with a very good coach who knows how to win so that's always a plus. In my opinion for them to get the WIN #14 has to be PERFECT this MC defensive front 7 MC has is NASTY and unlike anything they have seen all year and that includes DRESDEN & Huntingdon they don't even compare (trust me I've seen plenty of film) , so he will be under duress how he performs will be key! They have to figure out how to get at least 30. because MC will get there's!

Is there a scenario where McKenzie takes a 3 td L? Absolutely, If #14 plays like he has  against Cornersville  and MC can turn some of those arrant throws into INT's this game could get out of hand!

I think the game will play out somewhere in the middle of those 2 scenarios though.  Close game but MC pulling away late!

Edited by BBRaider

1 hour ago, City223 said:

They're a very good team this year but imo not comparable to last seasons gold ball team. Pretty sure they have a bunch of juniors though so next year they'll be right back in it again.