Rd 3 McKenzie travels to Moore Co

RedRebelman

On 11/11/2023 at 6:55 PM, RaiderzFan said:

UC is legit, McKenzie is legit, Obion 4A & Middle College & Lake Co very Avg….Their schedule no tougher than Moore Co…. Gonna be some great Quarterfinal and Semifinal games played on the West side of bracket to get to Chattanooga….& it ALL goes through Lynchburg ……Good Luck to ALL…..GO RAIDERS!!!!

23 minutes ago, RaiderzFan said:

You are a joke…No one on this thread has said anything about MC being 1A champs…you need to go back and post and worry about your H-u-n-t-I-n-g-D-o-N thread…..

It ALL goes through Lynchburg?  Sounds like you’ve already written off McKenzie and moved on to next week. I’ll post on any thread I want to post on. I always have and some  Johnny come lately wont stop me from doing it.

Those touting McKenzie's win over Collinwood, c'mon, we all saw the demeaner of that team changed when they carted their player off the field. The game was over at that point. 

Anything can happen, but after seeing Cornersville play both teams, I still think MC comes out on top 35-14. Yes it will be their toughest game of the season. Yes, McKenzie is a darn good team and are well coached. 

Both teams have playmakers all over the field. What will be the difference in this game is not going to be the coaches calling the plays. Its going to come down to the players on the field. What makes MC such a wrecking ball is when the play called breaks down, that is when they are at their best. When it turns into backyard football, they make unbelievable plays. Yes it can be unorthodox. While McKenzie's QB may be "better" by QB standards for recruits at the next level, what Dawson can and will do now, at this level, making plays is going to be difference. The rest of the team knows this as well and they all keep working until the play is over. He and 23 are far more elusive than any player McKenzie has. 

13 hours ago, TheCountian said:

I’ll give it to the MC quarterback, he can run and is hard to contain.  But passing, he looks like a middle school QB throwing the ball.  

I'm pretty sure you didn't see him this past Friday night.  I already knew how mobile and elusive he was (he's a glider) but was most impressed with his arm this past week.  Young man can sling it when he wants/needs to.

• Sad 1

14 hours ago, TheCountian said:

I’ll give it to the MC quarterback, he can run and is hard to contain.  But passing, he looks like a middle school QB throwing the ball.  

1,954 yds passing.  .739 completion percentage.  24 passing TD's. 138.5 QB rating.  All this and he probably hasn't played 8 min total in the 4th quarter all year and hasn't played in the second half period since week 7 vs Collinwood.  Come on man.

Edited by MCMAN99

Rebels preparing for a game.  Afraiders think it is a party.  Rebels stuff the run really well.  I just don't see Moore County passing against a very athletic rebel team.  Im 100% not a rebel fan.  My team lost first round of the 4A playoffs to melrose.  If i had to pick a favorite style of play team it is 100% UC and Mustanks.  I do love watching local teams.  Lake, trenton, UC, dresden, mustanks,  gleason.   Maybe I'm wrong and Moore county is legit, but this is the FIRST top 5 opponent they will play all year, so who knows.  But trolling is fun too.  I am a homer on my local football teams.  Just like y'all amazing whiskey makers

Only McKenzie posters I see on this thread is myself and   VOLnWTN  who is one of the best posters on the T  IMO very respectful and always  keeps it 100% . So here is the Mckenzie perspective. We have played Moore County the past 2 years so nobody has to tell us how good they are  we know what we are walking into come this Friday night. If you go back and and read my post from earlier in the year I had Moore County as the favorite coming out the west before the season even started while everyone else was picking UC ( and UC still may make it all the way.) We are the underdog on the road against a team that has plenty of motivation to want to take us out to the wood shed. There are numerous ways this game can play out and Mckenzie winning is definitely one of those. I think back to a very young Rebel team in 2020 who they said  had no shot in a 2A quarterfinal on the road @ Peabody and the Rebels  took the eventual state champs to double overtime. We have the most respect for this Moore Co team and coaching  staff.  Our boys will show up and give them all we got and let the chips fall where they may. If we come up short we will tip our cap and move on. If we come out on the winning side the Rebels will be ready for another big test the following week. Hoping both teams  come out of this one healthy and 100% moving forward.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MCMAN99 said:

1,954 yds passing.  .739 completion percentage.  24 passing TD's. 138.5 QB rating.  All this and he probably hasn't played 8 min total in the 4th quarter all year and hasn't played in the second half period since week 7 vs Collinwood.  Come on man.

Like I said, his running opens up his passing.  Scrambles and dumps it over someones head.  Not a true passer by any means, but can flat scramble and run.  

1 hour ago, RexKwonDo said:

Only McKenzie posters I see on this thread is myself and   VOLnWTN  who is one of the best posters on the T  IMO very respectful and always  keeps it 100% . So here is the Mckenzie perspective. We have played Moore County the past 2 years so nobody has to tell us how good they are  we know what we are walking into come this Friday night. If you go back and and read my post from earlier in the year I had Moore County as the favorite coming out the west before the season even started while everyone else was picking UC ( and UC still may make it all the way.) We are the underdog on the road against a team that has plenty of motivation to want to take us out to the wood shed. There are numerous ways this game can play out and Mckenzie winning is definitely one of those. I think back to a very young Rebel team in 2020 who they said  had no shot in a 2A quarterfinal on the road @ Peabody and the Rebels  took the eventual state champs to double overtime. We have the most respect for this Moore Co team and coaching  staff.  Our boys will show up and give them all we got and let the chips fall where they may. If we come up short we will tip our cap and move on. If we come out on the winning side the Rebels will be ready for another big test the following week. Hoping both teams  come out of this one healthy and 100% moving forward.

Well Said and 100% agree