Waller valley and clinton

What is the WV offense like? Back when they came to OR and beat us in 2016, if I remember correctly they were high flying pass offense. Not sure if they still have the same coaching staff or not though? Clinton could struggle a bit defensively against them if they are a high flying offense like they had back then, and going by their recent scores it seems they do. Will be interesting to see how the Dragons secondary matches up. The Dragon run defense has improved dramatically. Dozier (OR RB) while he did have well over a hundred yards, he had to fight hard for those yards last night. Good luck to the Dragons and the Dragon faithful.

9 hours ago, SweetScience said:

What is the WV offense like? Back when they came to OR and beat us in 2016, if I remember correctly they were high flying pass offense. Not sure if they still have the same coaching staff or not though? Clinton could struggle a bit defensively against them if they are a high flying offense like they had back then, and going by their recent scores it seems they do. Will be interesting to see how the Dragons secondary matches up. The Dragon run defense has improved dramatically. Dozier (OR RB) while he did have well over a hundred yards, he had to fight hard for those yards last night. Good luck to the Dragons and the Dragon faithful.

Different staff from 2016. The current staff is in its 5th year and the HC is already the all time winningest coach. The biggest impact he’s made is a commitment to physicality and defense, something WV was not known for. We whipped LC on both sides of the LOS Friday. It was the best performance of the year. 

Offensively, we’re out of the shotgun 100% of the time. The run game is running mostly inside power with the running back. The last few weeks we’ve started running the quarterback and that has opened things up as he’s our most explosive ball carrier. If we need a few yards, he’s going to run it behind a running back and H-back. 

The QB is playing the best football of his career the last few weeks and will spread it out to 4 or 5 receivers. Like most offenses, success this week will be dictated by the OL. If we can run it pretty well and give the QB time, we should be able to put up enough points to win. Easier said then done. 

10 hours ago, SweetScience said:

Walker Valley is an RPO style of offense with a good QB and skill people. They can light it up, But Bradley handled them pretty easily with the athletes we had. Cleveland played solid game and probably should have won but beat themselves with penalties and mistakes. East Hamilton beat them, but I have not watched that game except for a short section at the end in a fog bowl situation. No sure if the QB and receivers could even see each other.

If they can cover WV's receivers and play solid on the line, WV will have a tough time. If not....

2 hours ago, Cactus Jack said:

Clinton, a home game at Ron Brown against a good 10-2 Walker Valley team, with a close loss to Bradley Central (#1 in 6A) in and to East Hamilton, a team with some good athletes like Clinton. It will again take a effort like Clinton turned in Friday night to beat Walker Valley. 

A close loss to Bradley Central? hmmmmmm 17-10 loss to East Hamilton is close, Not sure the 35- loss was that close. but Clinton will have their hands full. Walker Valley is playing very well.

Edited by alt1958b
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, alt1958b said:

A close loss to Bradley Central? hmmmmmm 17-10 loss to East Hamilton is close, Not sue the 35- loss was that close. but Clinton will have their hands full. Walker Valley is playing very well.

Yeah. Bradley beat us fairly easily. Thought our defense actually played well and turned them over a few times. They ran two kicks back and our offense played way too conservatively. 

After watching the Oak Ridge/Clinton game, I think it will be tough for WV to shut down that offense. The quarterback looks very dangerous and we’ve given up so big plays in the passing game. Looks like it should be a good, close game. Difference may be our kicking game advantage. 

On 11/11/2023 at 10:01 AM, 92Dragon said:

Livingston Academy I believe. They started 0-5 and ended up winning 10 straight.

I think Maryville won a state title after a 4-6 season under Quarles years ago,  

BTW, congrats on the Dragons big win, I hated to see it, but I am happy for you and your city and school.

Did any of you read 5 Star Prep's game story of the Oak Ridge/Clinton game, written by Dave Link?  

Coach Keith was quoted as sayimg that his son shouldn't have played against Lenoir City because he was concussed. 

Is it just me, or is that not an admittance that he knowingly played a player whom he knew had a concussion?   

Don't care how one tries to spin it. That's just not a good look. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1