Round 3- Alcoa @ GP

F5seekshelter

I do not know anything about the coaches play calling or his daddy ball but I do know he has a strong selfie game.  Can these GP parents just not understand that with all of the selfies and look at me posts he puts on social media that he just does not have time to design a good game plan.  He does however have time to research the worst teams in the area to schedule

On 11/20/2023 at 10:44 AM, Throwdeslant said:

Not true! 2 got hurt. Looked like maybe a shoulder and 7 had several catches in the second half… The GP defense was their major problem. Did well slowing the Tornado run game between tackles, but couldn’t defend the pass (especially #0). He had his way with any defender GP put on him ALL NIGHT LONG!

The second issue with GP was the offensive line. QB was under pressure most of the night. Took way too many shots. Lack of depth showed up early.

Good luck next season! :thumb:

I got a kick out of the Game Announcers. Especially, the comment "how many of those players came from somewhere other than Alcoa?"

Classic!......when GP had TWO stars/starters on the field that transferred in from Georgia. And, I will not EVEN start about GP and their Girl's Basketball Program.....:popcorneater:

One thing GP learned....transfers can come with some baggage. :bored:

12 hours ago, workinprogress said:

From the outside, it appears as though GP is about as good now as they have ever been. Some kids and some parents will always find a way to complain about coaching. I would say GP staff must be doing a pretty good job if they made it a few rounds into the playoffs. 

Watching GP 35 years never seen any thing like that. It's true transfer can have baggage home grown have never done anything like that. Play calling was to bland to complete with Alcoa. It was a disappointment for fans. Fans were ready to see our two d1 receiver play to there potential. Hard to watch 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, harley04 said:

Watching GP 35 years never seen any thing like that. It's true transfer can have baggage home grown have never done anything like that. Play calling was to bland to complete with Alcoa. It was a disappointment for fans. Fans were ready to see our two d1 receiver play to there potential. Hard to watch 

I would not cite the play calling for the two D1 receivers not getting the ball enough.  Alcoa can match elite D1 talent and worked on just that all week, checking up receivers at the line of scrimmage, well before they get into their routes, and over the top coverage from the safeties. Hence, the multiple interceptions, uncharacteristic of QB, Hammonds. It was not the Coaches throwing the ball. Plus, the defense put pressure and hurried Hammonds all game. 

On defense, GP picked their poison.  They elected to load the box and slow down Alcoa’s run game. This gave Alcoa pretty easy throws to move the ball. GP, never adjusted.  I probably wouldn't have either. It was the responsibility of GP's D1 talent in the secondary to cover Alcoa Recivers and Tightend. That's tough, with Alcoa having D1 players also.

The GP game broadcast announcers were under the delusion that Alcoa was down and not a typical Alcoa team based on their comments before the game?? Not sure where they got that, but, if the Coaches and Players thought the same, I guess they were a bit shocked? B)

1 hour ago, BCsportsfan said:

I would not cite the play calling for the two D1 receivers not getting the ball enough.  Alcoa can match elite D1 talent and worked on just that all week, checking up receivers at the line of scrimmage, well before they get into their routes, and over the top coverage from the safeties. Hence, the multiple interceptions, uncharacteristic of QB, Hammonds. It was not the Coaches throwing the ball. Plus, the defense put pressure and hurried Hammonds all game. 

On defense, GP picked their poison.  They elected to load the box and slow down Alcoa’s run game. This gave Alcoa pretty easy throws to move the ball. GP, never adjusted.  I probably wouldn't have either. It was the responsibility of GP's D1 talent in the secondary to cover Alcoa Recivers and Tightend. That's tough, with Alcoa having D1 players also.

The GP game broadcast announcers were under the delusion that Alcoa was down and not a typical Alcoa team based on their comments before the game?? Not sure where they got that, but, if the Coaches and Players thought the same, I guess they were a bit shocked? B)

Spot on! :thumb: When you have your kids believing that you’re playing a lesser team from day one, along with a VERY WEAK schedule, you shouldn’t be surprised to get it handed to you. Then you have a player (Ga transfer) quitting mid game. With the broadcasters making their statements, it sounds like more than just the players drank the Kool-aid…Getting a nice Region 1 Champ banner to hang in the gym sure sounds nice, but in the end it ABSOLUTELY did GP no favors. Good luck next year! :flower:

Nix calling the dogs off at 24-0 was a very nice gesture. If he had kept his foot on the gas for 4 quarters, that whole stadium would have imploded…8-)

Edited by F5seekshelter

1 hour ago, F5seekshelter said:

Spot on! :thumb: When you have your kids believing that you’re playing a lesser team from day one, along with a VERY WEAK schedule, you shouldn’t be surprised to get it handed to you. Then you have a player (Ga transfer) quitting mid game. With the broadcasters making their statements, it sounds like more than just the players drank the Kool-aid…Getting a nice Region 1 Champ banner to hang in the gym sure sounds nice, but in the end it ABSOLUTELY did GP no favors. Good luck next year! :flower:

Nix calling the dogs off at 24-0 was a very nice gesture. If he had kept his foot on the gas for 4 quarters, that whole stadium would have imploded…8-)

I knew Gatlinburg Highlanders could not mercy rule Alcoa Tornadoes.  Was any selfies being taken after the game by Gatlinburg Highlanders? I’m Captain Guru and I approve this message.

Heard ga.transfer told coach he didn't want to play defense and coach said your not playinga offense then.  Left field trashed coach office may be rumor. Transfer do bring baggage sometimes didn't affect game Alcoa was rolling. Sometimes a kid parents are his biggest baggage not saying this true in this case.

4 minutes ago, harley04 said:

Heard ga.transfer told coach he didn't want to play defense and coach said your not playinga offense then.  Left field trashed coach office may be rumor. Transfer do bring baggage sometimes didn't affect game Alcoa was rolling. Sometimes a kid parents are his biggest baggage not saying this true in this case.

He is at Cosby now playing Basketball. After the season is over, the Family is headed back to Georgia....a bit richer.

On 11/25/2023 at 6:52 AM, harley04 said:

I'd guess him screaming at the coaches from the cheerleading deck proved that to be true...You can even here Marty & Rob mention it offhandedly during the broadcast.

Sounds to me like the GP coach or some deep pocket boosters sold their soul for a chance to beat Alcoa and they picked the wrong guys.  It is hard to say GP coaches did a good job when you look at thier schedule and who they beat.  Only teams they beat with a winning record were the 2nd and third place district teams that got their winning record by beating the other district teams.  You pay players to come and petition the T$$AA to move to an easier district and then go out and find the worst teams possible to play and then brag about your d1 guys that looked more like d4 guys when competition actually showed up.  Probably too much to put on a banner so they will probably just put their record and meaningless district championship and then beat their chests like they did something special.  

On 11/27/2023 at 8:34 AM, RakingCoal said:

Sounds to me like the GP coach or some deep pocket boosters sold their soul for a chance to beat Alcoa and they picked the wrong guys.  It is hard to say GP coaches did a good job when you look at thier schedule and who they beat.  Only teams they beat with a winning record were the 2nd and third place district teams that got their winning record by beating the other district teams.  You pay players to come and petition the T$$AA to move to an easier district and then go out and find the worst teams possible to play and then brag about your d1 guys that looked more like d4 guys when competition actually showed up.  Probably too much to put on a banner so they will probably just put their record and meaningless district championship and then beat their chests like they did something special.  

Do you want to bet that region is the weakest one in 3-A? I will bet you.  I’m Captain Guru and I approve this message.