Sweetwater Coaching Search

MCCS87

8 minutes ago, bull1234 said:

Breaking news released today is Tommy Bunch from Meigs County has taken the Sweetwater job. Thoughts?

Tommy is a great guy, and had success at Meigs last year. Personally surprised to see him take that jump.

The guy that just took the Meigs job in the spring?

sure enough.  just saw it myself.  

so he was an assistant for 11 years at Meigs, got promoted to HC in february, and then took the Sweetwater job less than a year later?  

Sounds like he's a perfect fit for the Sweetwater community.

Edited by ILB1999

13 minutes ago, bull1234 said:

Breaking news released today is Tommy Bunch from Meigs County has taken the Sweetwater job. Thoughts?

Tommy is a great guy, and had success at Meigs last year. Personally surprised to see him take that jump.

Great hire for Sweetwater. He was offered the job last year and declined. 

• Like 1

intrestin turn of events & mind bogglin decision makin with this Bunch feller.....specially considerin on the surface of things....how that ex Sweetwater cheerleadin coach, now HS boss and her administration are rattlin the cages up there 

.....that Bunch feller must really have an attraction for drama and fire.....or maybe it the NIL

Booger just sayin :mrgreen:

From what I’ve read it seems that he is a homegrown Meigs County guy who not only coached there for 12 years, but graduated from there as well.

Its interesting to me that he not only left MC but went to someone within there own region.

Are there internal issues at Meigs County?

• Like 1

Not sure about any internal issues at Meigs County. I agree, great hire for Sweetwater, but I'm curious what made him want to make that move. Had to have been money??? Not sure what else would entice someone to jump into that situation.

29 minutes ago, H2Oman said:

From what I’ve read it seems that he is a homegrown Meigs County guy who not only coached there for 12 years, but graduated from there as well.

Its interesting to me that he not only left MC but went to someone within there own region.

Are there internal issues at Meigs County?

I would say more money and the talent level will be way down for the next few years at Meigs from what I’ve heard.

• Upvote 1