THE U TRAVELS TO GREENEVILLE. LETS GO

UCSportsFan

Without reading any of the stuff from the last several days, I hope the Tssaa takes a closer look at bands playing or artificial noise from the crowd while teams are running plays.I don’t have a problem with fans getting loud and a natural home field advantage like at Neyland, but last Friday night was classless and I’m  certainly not a classy snob by any means. Funny thing is the Georgia pep band played the same junk before a snap but quit before UT ran a play. Yes , I’ve seen it many times at high school games , but the tssaa needs to go the way of the NCAA rules on this.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, BatmanDevil said:

Without reading any of the stuff from the last several days, I hope the Tssaa takes a closer look at bands playing or artificial noise from the crowd while teams are running plays.I don’t have a problem with fans getting loud and a natural home field advantage like at Neyland, but last Friday night was classless and I’m  certainly not a classy snob by any means. Funny thing is the Georgia pep band played the same junk before a snap but quit before UT ran a play. Yes , I’ve seen it many times at high school games , but the tssaa needs to go the way of the NCAA rules on this.

Agreed

Artificial noise shouldn’t be allowed to affect the outcome of a game.

On 11/18/2023 at 1:57 AM, BigMan101 said:

What does Greeneville look like? I don’t think upperman has ever played them

It’s always Elizabethton, Greeneville or Anderson County from Quad 1. And it’s never an easy game. Each  Battle tested for sure. They all have to play 5A & 6A teams because other 4A teams will not schedule them. Heck, some upper classes won’t either. When you talk about dominant football programs in Region 1, Elizabethton and Greeneville are tops. And that’s with huge 6A schools like Science Hill and Dobyns Bennett in the mix. They can’t hang with us. I’d like to see Upperman schedule more 5A and 6A opponents and ditch the 2A and 3A teams from the past. They played two 2A schools and one 6A. That will get you wins and look good on the stats but doesn’t prepare you for the playoffs. My daughters boyfriend would have been a senior this season at Upperman if his family hadn’t had to move to Elizabethton. So I’ve had my eyes on them since before we played them in 2021. They are strong and have a solid program. It’s time for the administration to stop playing around and get rid of that crappy stadium and field and build one for a winning program. I think those young men have done good and NOW is the time to take it to the next level. Good luck to both teams. I will be at this game with the aforementioned boyfriend, so he can maybe visit his friends. He’s got a couple of rings (one gold and one silver) so maybe they can get a shot at one too?!

1 hour ago, BatmanDevil said:

The Elizabethton people love cow bells Batman.

35 minutes ago, BigDaddyDave said:

I wonder why?! LOL

Yep, a lot of Betsy and Devil fans like those noise makers. I’d say most never got to see their intended use on a farm.As to this weeks game, I don’t know anything about Greeneville’s opponent. I couldn’t point it out on a state map for any amount of money.The same could have been said about Greeneville less then a couple decades ago. I figured for either Greeneville or Elizabethton to make the semifinals this year, they would have to play better then the season meeting between the two. You never know in the final four where the best team will come from. It use to be  a given that the 4a team from East Tennessee (NET down through the Knoxville area) would be the favorite, but now it’s anybody’s guess.

Edited by BatmanDevil
  • Upvote 1

On 11/19/2023 at 6:04 PM, SouthFL305 said:

What I see is a bunch of Greenville fans counting out a team that they never faced before in football. They need to be worried about a team that no one has seen play in person and solely relies on film to make there score predictions. When it all comes down to it a lot can happen in this game and who ever wants it more will walk away with it no matter what the score is. 

oh i guarantee that Coach Eddie are not gonna let them look past anyone he will have them focused on the game at hand , these kids are so hungry  they dont need much just turn um loose.............

25 minutes ago, greengreen22 said:

oh i guarantee that Coach Eddie are not gonna let them look past anyone he will have them focused on the game at hand , these kids are so hungry  they dont need much just turn um loose.............

Any team at this point of the season is hungry im sure both teams have there focus set at the end result of things. I’ve coached for a longtime at many different levels of football film and games vs other teams don’t show everything. Every team has there game plans it all comes down to who’s gonna play better then the other I can’t wait till Friday night 

16 hours ago, Morice49 said:

I will say this Upperman has allowed just as many points as they have scored. Gv with 2 less games has scored almost double the points Upperman has and only allowed to include the playoff 94pts.  Noone is counting chickens early facts are facts.  Please travel safely and we will see the Bees Friday.

You know just about as much as upperman as you know math. You really shouldn’t try and talk unless you actually know the stats. I’m gonna just leave off with that see you Friday.