Bearden Bulldogs 2024

JournalEntry

1 hour ago, SweetScience said:

I’m fully aware every school receives transfers, of course, but you have to admit, though, some schools receive quite a bit more than others. Lot more loopholes to jump through when coming to OR than most Knoxville and other area schools. Nobody is pointing fingers, was simply asking a question. 

Breathe in, breathe out, Double S.  Never said nor insinuated that Oak Ridge did anything wrong.  Not an OR "hater", and in fact I am one of the biggest supporters of your coach out there.  If my grandsons are still playing football when they get to high school, he is one of those at the very top of my list of whom I would want them to play for from a character and leadership perspective.  

Point being that every school has benefitted from out of zone and transfer students when it comes to football.  Even Oak Ridge.

And on the number of transfers, Knox County is a school district of some 65K students that go to 14 different high schools when they are of high school age.  Oak Ridge is a district of about 4,500 students, with one high school.  Of course, there are going to be more students transferring within the system in Knox County than in the Oak Ridge system.  

Transfers happen for a lot of reasons.  

9 minutes ago, HTV said:

Breathe in, breathe out, Double S.  Never said nor insinuated that Oak Ridge did anything wrong.  Not an OR "hater", and in fact I am one of the biggest supporters of your coach out there.  If my grandsons are still playing football when they get to high school, he is one of those at the very top of my list of whom I would want them to play for from a character and leadership perspective.  

Point being that every school has benefitted from out of zone and transfer students when it comes to football.  Even Oak Ridge.

And on the number of transfers, Knox County is a school district of some 65K students that go to 14 different high schools when they are of high school age.  Oak Ridge is a district of about 4,500 students, with one high school.  Of course, there are going to be more students transferring within the system in Knox County than in the Oak Ridge system.  

Transfers happen for a lot of reasons.  

I’m perfectly fine, my friend.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 12/28/2023 at 12:59 PM, SweetScience said:

I’m fully aware every school receives transfers, of course, but you have to admit, though, some schools receive quite a bit more than others. Lot more loopholes to jump through when coming to OR than most Knoxville and other area schools. Nobody is pointing fingers, was simply asking a question. 

It wasn’t very hard for a couple to roll in and play a couple of years ago. I don’t think it is hard as you like to always make it seem to be at OR. Get the right kid or kids and it seems to happen. 

• Upvote 4

29 minutes ago, SheriffofRedRock said:

Everyone recruits 

Bearden Bulldogs have a very good recruiter that coaches for Bearden Bulldogs. He use to coach at Catholic Irish. It is obvious how well he recruits just like at his wife. I am Captain Guru and I approve this message.

• 2 weeks later...