West Tn Teams

TnHoops23

On 1/2/2024 at 1:14 AM, HawkGuy06 said:

Honestly chances are looking pretty decent! Only true competition in our district or region is Chester Co! I think we are 10-15 points better than them if we play to our potential. If healthy(lord I pray we can continue to get healthy) we could be decent come March! 

What about Creek Wood?

On 12/22/2023 at 9:51 PM, pioneer42 said:

Your on key. McMinn, GP, York and GC all are tough among others. Thing about Gibson County that makes them so tough is their defense is so smothering. They gave up 40 to Bartlett in their win and Bartlett scored 73 on Dyersburg. Gibson County is giving up an average of 30.5 points a game and that includes the 52 points to Creekwood which the refs gave them probably about 30 FT's. I doubt Gibson County will ever go back to that 8 vs 5 place. Biggest home cooking environment I have ever seen. Peabody we played tonight and they can flat out play when they are dialed in. I agree AA is loaded. I do think it will be a great State Tournament this year and I think it will be wide open. 

so your saying gibson county would hold dyersburg to 30 points and that crockett co is better than bartlett because they beat gibson county last night because gibson county  beat bartlett already this year 

Edited by ball21

1 hour ago, ball21 said:

so your saying gibson county would hold dyersburg to 30 points and that crockett co is better than bartlett because they beat gibson county last night because gibson county  beat bartlett already this year 

I agreed with his rankings. I just said GC had a good defense. Dyersburg probably wins AAA. They are loaded. Never know how these games are going to turn out. Crockett County is a good team. We got beat fair and square. We needed to get beat. Hopefully they learn from it because Westview and Peabody will be tough for sure. 

Edited by pioneer42

3 minutes ago, HawkGuy06 said:

Win region & you don’t have to worry about them lol. Loser of the region will have a problem! CW definitely have one of the best hostile environments in high school basketball. 

Whoever has to go up there better hope their local refs don't call the game. 

2 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

I agreed with his rankings. I just said GC had a good defense. You're making stuff up. Never know how these games are going to turn out. Crockett County is a good team. We got beat fair and square. We needed to get beat. Hopefully they learn from it. 

how am i making stuff up you are the one who said bartlett scored 73 on dyersburg so you are comparing what one school did to another and comparing that game to see how good another team is all i said .

36 minutes ago, ball21 said:

how am i making stuff up you are the one who said bartlett scored 73 on dyersburg so you are comparing what one school did to another and comparing that game to see how good another team is all i said .

Just said GC defense is legit. Dyersburg is  loaded and they scored 73 on  them. But that don't mean we are better than Dyersburg. More to the game than defense. But GC holding Bartlett to 40 is impressive. Bartlett will be in Murfreesboro. They are loaded too and will be a handful. 

Edited by pioneer42

22 minutes ago, HawkGuy06 said:

Yea I heard! Never know how it will go, should be different refs but you never know. Just win & help yourself! 

Well Hawk yes it should be but you never know. Just saying everybody has a home court advantage to some degree with fans yelling etc...but it is a different set of rules there. 

On 1/5/2024 at 3:48 PM, pioneer42 said:

Well Hawk yes it should be but you never know. Just saying everybody has a home court advantage to some degree with fans yelling etc...but it is a different set of rules there. 

Some of the lucky ones haven't experienced what you're talking about pioneer... there's a certain region that we used to schedule 3/4 teams from every other year home/away (one game a year). In the years we travelled across the river, you just knew that if you were good enough to win that you'd have to beat the refs too. Not talking about "iffy" calls either... talking about how on earth could he/she call that???