Oakland @ Bradley Central (take 2)

jhawk23

Just a thought or 2:

1. Parking is a “suggested” $4 (not at all required) NEVER $8. Proceeds to track and golf (2 underfunded minor sports) When at Bradley, simply keep your window up, wave and keep driving. You will not be stopped. 

2. I’m not sure girls wrestling is anything to brag about? Hardly ANY girls actually compete, (big fish in a small pond) not really a relevant discussion on this board. Pretty sure I would not allow my daughter to wrestle, but that’s just me. Cleveland HS has much greater achievements to be known for than girls wrestling. 

3. The reference of Brentwood Academy vs ALL Bradley Co. Schools combined:

Not hating on the privates, they are terrific programs, but I think there are only 23?? total schools in that Private Div. 1 category? Much different that the public classes (6 in football) and (only 4 in other sports) Much more difficult to win a title with 2x’,  3x’s, 4x’s more schools competing statewide. Baylor and McCallie will be a brawl. Congrats to both programs. Middle TN has incredible private programs that we all have the utmost respect for as well. Public, Private, Home school families all make a choice based on what is best for their kids. Respect for all categories and any Championship is note-worthy. 

4. No one knows the future. NEVER discount Maryville’s ability to return to the top. The Rebels have a great program. Bearden will be VERY strong. Our Bears will be back in the Mix competing for the top spot. Cleveland will be getting better under their new Coach. I predict a much more balanced season next year in East TN. 

5. Stop all the recruiting talk. ALL programs are accused, none have been convicted. Until TSSAA penalizes one of our schools, it would seem they are all following the rules.

6. All schools with thriving programs have “wealthy businessmen” - All have supportive Booster Clubs. All have the ability to “boost” Coaches with bonuses, new trucks, etc. May the best program win the best Coaches. Step up for your school if you like your Coach.

2023 played out just like it should without any upsets. Bradley, Bearden and Maryville are all really good teams. None can go toe to toe with Oakland for 4 quarters this year. Congrats to the Pats. 

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, rebelwoman87 said:

Anyone have the stats from last nights game? I’m curious to see how many yards Boo had. 

Your Wish  is my command. From the Cleveland Daily Banner

Team Stats
                                                                                 BC
First downs                                      15                           13
Rushes-Yards                                39-262                    28-134
Passing                                            78                          127
Total yards                                     340                         261
Comp-Att-Int                                 5-9-1                     11-28-3
Punts-Avg                                      2-50                        1-34
Fumbles-Lost                                  0-0                         1-0
Penalties-Yards                             12-104                       6-50
Individual Stats
Rushing: Duane Morris 30-191 4 TDs, Ashton Jones 8-70 TD, Kyler Creasy 1-1 (O); Jackson Wilson 3-58, Kaleb Martin 17-50 TD, Boo Carter 7-27 TD, J'Alan Terry 1- -1 (BC).
Passing: Patrick Freeman 4-7-1 68, Kalijah King 1-1 10, Kyler Creasy 0-1 0 (O); Kaleb Martin 11-27-2 127; Drew Cook 0-1-1 0 (BC).
Receiving: Duane Morris 1-39, Craig Tutt 2-20, Patrick Freeman 1-10, Duece Hewitt 1-9 (O); Jarrius Rogers 4-102, Jackson Wilson 2-16, Tito Williams 1-5, Boo Carter 4-4 (BC).
Defense: Craig Tutt 5 solos, 3 asts.; Caleb Ellison 4 solos, 2 asts.; Quinten Norfolk 3 solos, 2 asts.; (O): Tito Williams 5 solos, 4 asts, 1 TFL; Wiley Suskawicz 5 solos, 4 asts.; Marcus Goree Jr. 6 solos, 2 TFLs; Boo Carter 5 solos, 1 ast; AJ Williams 3 solos, 1 ast. 1 TFL; Damarius Ballard 2 solos, 2 asts, INT, 43-yd return (BC).
Edited by alt1958b
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, alt1958b said:

I have paid a fee at EVERY game I have attended at Maryville. Ferragut is the only one i have gone to that I did not pay.

I had some friends that used to set up at that church and make several hundred dollars a game. Drive around behind the school three or four minutes and park where others park. Don’t worry, you won’t get lost or shot. It’s easier to get to the visitor stands anyway if you park behind the school. Murvil should talk with that church. It’s ridiculous to take advantage of the out of towners IMO.

11 minutes ago, alt1958b said:

Your Wish  is my command. From the Cleveland Daily Banner

Team Stats
                                                                                 BC
First downs                                      15                           13
Rushes-Yards                                39-262                    28-134
Passing                                            78                          127
Total yards                                     340                         261
Comp-Att-Int                                 5-9-1                     11-28-3
Punts-Avg                                      2-50                        1-34
Fumbles-Lost                                  0-0                         1-0
Penalties-Yards                             12-104                       6-50
Individual Stats
Rushing: Duane Morris 30-191 4 TDs, Ashton Jones 8-70 TD, Kyler Creasy 1-1 (O); Jackson Wilson 3-58, Kaleb Martin 17-50 TD, Boo Carter 7-27 TD, J'Alan Terry 1- -1 (BC).
Passing: Patrick Freeman 4-7-1 68, Kalijah King 1-1 10, Kyler Creasy 0-1 0 (O); Kaleb Martin 11-27-2 127; Drew Cook 0-1-1 0 (BC).
Receiving: Duane Morris 1-39, Craig Tutt 2-20, Patrick Freeman 1-10, Duece Hewitt 1-9 (O); Jarrius Rogers 4-102, Jackson Wilson 2-16, Tito Williams 1-5, Boo Carter 4-4 (BC).
Defense: Craig Tutt 5 solos, 3 asts.; Caleb Ellison 4 solos, 2 asts.; Quinten Norfolk 3 solos, 2 asts.; (O): Tito Williams 5 solos, 4 asts, 1 TFL; Wiley Suskawicz 5 solos, 4 asts.; Marcus Goree Jr. 6 solos, 2 TFLs; Boo Carter 5 solos, 1 ast; AJ Williams 3 solos, 1 ast. 1 TFL; Damarius Ballard 2 solos, 2 asts, INT, 43-yd return (BC).

Thx for sharing. Pats stopped the run with 6 in the box most of the time. #6 was no factor on offense, but impressive on D.

10 minutes ago, strongx said:

I had some friends that used to set up at that church and make several hundred dollars a game. Drive around behind the school three or four minutes and park where others park. Don’t worry, you won’t get lost or shot. It’s easier to get to the visitor stands anyway if you park behind the school. Murvil should talk with that church. It’s ridiculous to take advantage of the out of towners IMO.

I've parked behind the visitor side each time and have never paid a cent

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, strongx said:

Thx for sharing. Pats stopped the run with 6 in the box most of the time. #6 was no factor on offense, but impressive on D.

One thing the Stats don't show is Boo's 46-yard KO return.

And after that Oakland kicked out of bounds or onsides every time.  

But next year all the Tennessee fans in Oakland will be cheering for him and bragging about how good he is, I bet. :D

23 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

I've parked behind the visitor side each time and have never paid a cent

Well, I work till 5:00 and don't take off early to go to games. and the only time I tried that there were no spaces left.

Why I hate 7:00PM starts; really hard to get to long distance games doing that.

1 hour ago, rebelwoman87 said:

Anyone have the stats from last nights game? I’m curious to see how many yards Boo had. 

From the DNJ in Murfreesboro > But Oakland's defense held Boo Carter, a Tennessee commitment and Mr. Football finalist, to 26 yards on seven carries. He also caught four passes for four yards.

7 minutes ago, alt1958b said:

Well, I work till 5:00 and don't take off early to go to games. and the only time I tried that there were no spaces left.

Why I hate 7:00PM starts; really hard to get to long distance games doing that.

I’m with you on that. I live about 2 miles from Murvil stadium. I’ll show up 5 min to game time and park about the same distance from the gate as I was last night at BC. Murvil doesn’t even have enough parking for half their students. Kids have to park out in neighborhoods. Let that sink in. SMH.

12 minutes ago, strongx said:

I’m with you on that. I live about 2 miles from Murvil stadium. I’ll show up 5 min to game time and park about the same distance from the gate as I was last night at BC. Murvil doesn’t even have enough parking for half their students. Kids have to park out in neighborhoods. Let that sink in. SMH.

Butt sx those Tkaps......c'mon man.....:popcorneater: