Riverside vs ER State Championship Showdown

vandyfan1

9 hours ago, Spike016 said:

I’ll agree that winnin at Kentucky is hard to do and he has done a good job there BUT 

If you consistently win 7-9 games a year at Kentucky they will build a statue of you in front of the stadium once you retire. If you win 7-9 games a year at A&M you are gonna get fired and be lookin for a new job. The expectations at the 2 schools are drastically different. 

You are just making my argument for me?  Winning that many games at Kentucky with who they are and what you have to work with is HUUUGE!  Give him better players( The whole state of Texas) and more money/better training facilities money to hire great assistants and he WOULD have only done better. A&Ms hire to me is as bad as the last one they made. Fisher was made to look good as an OC by the head coaches he worked for.He won a NC with Bowdens Players

7 minutes ago, Beagle said:

You are just making my argument for me?  Winning that many games at Kentucky with who they are and what you have to work with is HUUUGE!  Give him better players( The whole state of Texas) and more money/better training facilities money to hire great assistants and he WOULD have only done better. A&Ms hire to me is as bad as the last one they made. Fisher was made to look good as an OC by the head coaches he worked for.He won a NC with Bowdens Players

Well it’s over now cause it’s Elko and who knows if that will work out. 

2 hours ago, DbCooper said:

That’s a great turn around in 2 years. I think he’s only been a head for 2 years and has a fairly young OC. He’s going to make mistakes it’s part of the process he’s learning and getting it done at the same time. They should’ve hired him when they hired Pond, I think he interviewed then too.

Coaching matters.  Eli Stephenson went to 2 quarters between 2019 and this season.  Both times we lost to Riverside by 5 points. Last two seasons we are 7 -14 and Riverside is going to their 2nd straight title game.  And this year they're favored. 

I think  and maybe I am wrong that #25 for Riverside will make all the difference in this game. Not as the RB which he is a tank but at MLB. He brings the lumber while being under control. While everyone is watching the kid from ER my thoughts are #25 will be earning a full ride some where sitting  him down  and with authority.

37 minutes ago, Beagle said:

I think  and maybe I am wrong that #25 for Riverside will make all the difference in this game. Not as the RB which he is a tank but at MLB. He brings the lumber while being under control. While everyone is watching the kid from ER my thoughts are #25 will be earning a full ride some where sitting  him down  and with authority.

I am a fan of neither school and it doesn’t matter to me who wins. I am just a football fan that likes to watch good football. I haven’t seen #25 in person but the film I have saw on him he is very good at both RB & LB.  #1 from ER has a different twitch to him and he will make a lot of kids look silly. If #25 can get a good clean lick on him he better make the most of it because you ain’t gonna get many. 

Edited by Spike016

Just now, Spike016 said:

I am a fan of neither school and it doesn’t matter to me who wins. I am just a football fan that likes to watch good football. I haven’t seen #25 in person but the film I have saw on him he is very good at both RB & LB.  #1 has a different twitch to him and he will make a lot of kids look silly. If #25 can get a good clean lick on him he better make the most of it because you ain’t gonna get many. 

fair enough.I am a  fan of neither as well. I have not seen #1 but I have seen future NFL players play a bunch of games  in HS.  The lower body and balance of #25 at full speed reminds me of them both. Not sure if he has the total size though. I am looking forward to this game more than the others for sure.

11 minutes ago, Beagle said:

fair enough.I am a  fan of neither as well. I have not seen #1 but I have seen future NFL players play a bunch of games  in HS.  The lower body and balance of #25 at full speed reminds me of them both. Not sure if he has the total size though. I am looking forward to this game more than the others for sure.

#1 just has things that you cannot coach and speed being the best trait. He is only a junior and will continue to get better. #25 looks the part as a hard nosed LB and RB. I wanna see him and Elijah Groves from ER who is committed to KY meet in the hole a time or 2. The ground may shake! 

Edited by Spike016

On 11/25/2023 at 10:48 AM, Chungus45 said:

We will see how ER responds when they get punched in the mouth over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over. ER has never seen the run through a trucker face offense….. and over 

They will say you are classless and say you are out to hurt their running back because you hit him below the knees…..same thing they said last week

39 minutes ago, MrYAIFAN said:

They will say you are classless and say you are out to hurt their running back because you hit him below the knees…..same thing they said last week

Lol. The dude tried to twist his leg in half. Never had issue anywhere until ER went to that so called place. It’s was unreal. York!!! Lol.