Riverside vs ER State Championship Showdown

vandyfan1

Job well done Riverside! Got lots of friends and a little family represented on the field, and I couldn't be happier for y'all. I had the feeling last year watching the Panthers walk away with the silver ball that the job wasn't quite done yet with everyone returning...nothing like some good experience to go with a heavy dose of determination to finish off a career for this group of Seniors. Been a fan in the playoffs, but back to business now...go Lions!!!lol.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, TheCommissioner said:

ER has a rivalry game each year with their west side county rival Jo Bryns.  Both are rural schools. They call the game “the match in the patch” a play on the tobacco raised in our county 

2 Schools in the same county nd you are still 2a?  Decatur Co.  laughs at you big city folks

22 hours ago, jerrylawless3 said:

One thing we really noticed was how large some other 2A towns are in comparison to across Plains. Cross Plains boasts 1,800 people, one traffic light, a Dollar General, Piggly Wiggly, a gas station, a Mexican restaurant, and a family pharmacy/soda parlor. The line gets blurred a little with White House 15 minutes away, but Cross Plains on its own is very small.

But it "ISN"T" on its own.

Parsons really is in comparison . Nothing even remotely that big 15 minutes away from Parsons . Great town great people and a growing reputation as a small town of championship athletics.  

2 hours ago, HonkyNinja12 said:

More yards, ypg, and td’s. Going against 3 guys on ER defense with Power 5 offers while dealing with a nagging injury all year.  And did a great job at Linebacker stopping Isaiah many times. If I had to pick a player for my HS team Ill take #25 all day 

Judging by the way he plays I would say he is the type of football player every coach would love  build around. 

10 minutes ago, GeneralForrest said:

Could either of these teams come within 3 TDs of 15 and 16 Marion or the recent great Peabody team

Anti recency bias is strong in you lol those teams weren’t that much better  than today lol I remember when you had go through depending on the year goodpasture, Friendship christian, Lipscomb and whatever solid public almost always Alcoa and maybe Milan, Huntington, etc to win 2A before 10 years ago these boys are fortunate and get a much more fair shake. If you won 2A with just a bunch of local public school guys 20 years ago you had to be special.