Pearl Cohn vs Upperman

Volsfan52

59 minutes ago, FBfan26 said:

That’s your opinion, and some things I can agree with some things I can’t. There’s NOBODY on your schedule that’s beating CPA ,MBA or MC.  I’m putting the bank on Marshall County against Macon County. Let’s not forget that White House team you guys were struggling with. The same White House that almost beat 10-0 Harden county. Stone and Dekalb can’t beat Station Camp.. We also have a bigger district. Creekwood would also give some of the other teams in your district a problem. Playing any team twice and beating them is some monumental. Also the D1 stuff don’t do much because everybody we have played has at least one of those kids. Thats the gift and curse of being in Nashville.

I've thought you were the favorite entering the season but to say NOBODY on your schedule is beating MC (I agree with MBA or CPA) is a stretch.  Greeneville laid and Egg and didn't adjust and got beat by 7 and stood toe to toe with Alcoa for a half and Macon was within 3 at Upperman to beat them.  You are essentially saying that you are at least 3 TD's better than Upperman by your comparison.  We will find out on Saturday if you would be bankrupted or not because if Upperman is within 14 points MC is in a dog fight with Macon and Greeneville.  If Upperman wins then it means you would in a dog fight with Greeneville and Macon.  We shall see on Saturday if your post ages well or not.....  

5 minutes ago, Swipes said:

I've thought you were the favorite entering the season but to say NOBODY on your schedule is beating MC (I agree with MBA or CPA) is a stretch.  Greeneville laid and Egg and didn't adjust and got beat by 7 and stood toe to toe with Alcoa for a half and Macon was within 3 at Upperman to beat them.  You are essentially saying that you are at least 3 TD's better than Upperman by your comparison.  We will find out on Saturday if you would be bankrupted or not because if Upperman is within 14 points MC is in a dog fight with Macon and Greeneville.  If Upperman wins then it means you would in a dog fight with Greeneville and Macon.  We shall see on Saturday if your post ages well or not.....  

talking about regular season swipes

7 minutes ago, Swipes said:

Speaking the truth

• Like 1

If I was a betting man I would say Macon would compete with both Marshall and Haywood. I would also give Greeneville the edge over Marshall and Haywood. The most impressive PC win is CPA.  After watching a few of the PC games I can understand why they are favored. They don’t many weaknesses. The are big, fast, smart, and well coached. It’s one game with two great teams so anything can happen.

43 minutes ago, FBfan26 said:

talking about regular season swipes

That can be true but I wouldn't be betting my Bank Account on MC beating Macon like that.  Not when they lost to Upperman Twice by 7 and 3 respectively and you beating MC by 4 scores the first time and 3 scores the 2nd time.  I think you might be giving MC to much credit.  Like i said we shall see on Saturday how that post ages (You might be right and I might be wrong)

6 hours ago, TNTea said:

Upper man has a strong team and no one can deny that…but they haven’t faced anyone that has a total package like PC. It’s just too much to overcome and I can’t see the U winning unless it’s a flawless game. If Greeneville had used their passing game earlier they would have beat Upperman by 2 scores at least. Greeneville handed them the game in my opinion and just got out coached. Like I said, not taking anything away from U or their players…they got to this point.

First of all stop with the “what ifs” when you’re talking about the Greeneville game. The best team WON!  Just like this coming Saturday. The best team will win.  The program at Upperman has been building over the past 10 years. Playing Alcoa and now Greeneville has made this program better each and every year. PC will be yet another great team/program in which i fully expect Upperman to compete against and win. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Swipes said:

That can be true but I wouldn't be betting my Bank Account on MC beating Macon like that.  Not when they lost to Upperman Twice by 7 and 3 respectively and you beating MC by 4 scores the first time and 3 scores the 2nd time.  I think you might be giving MC to much credit.  Like i said we shall see on Saturday how that post ages (You might be right and I might be wrong)

Macon played right with UHS, twice, beat down a good Red Bank team.....not going out on a limb to say they would be favored against Marshall County. 

17 hours ago, UCSportsFan said:

First of all stop with the “what ifs” when you’re talking about the Greeneville game. The best team WON!  Just like this coming Saturday. The best team will win.  The program at Upperman has been building over the past 10 years. Playing Alcoa and now Greeneville has made this program better each and every year. PC will be yet another great team/program in which i fully expect Upperman to compete against and win. 

Don’t get all in your feelings I gave Upperman credit for winning the game. After scoring the last touchdown in about 2 minutes I’m sure no one from the Upperman side was excited about giving the ball back to Greeneville. Kudos to Upperman for controlling the pace of the game and getting that W. Glad you expect your team to win…that’s what fans do but can you honestly say they’ve faced anyone like PC?

9 minutes ago, TNTea said:

Don’t get all in your feelings I gave Upperman credit for winning the game. After scoring the last touchdown in about 2 minutes I’m sure no one from the Upperman side was excited about giving the ball back to Greeneville. Kudos to Upperman for controlling the pace of the game and getting that W. Glad you expect your team to win…that’s what fans do but can you honestly say they’ve faced anyone like PC?

Don’t care who they are line them up. It doesn’t matter who they faced in the past Greenville was saying that same crap about Upperman not being battle tested. Upperman went there and punched them in the mouth. Just like you’re right here thinking Upperman hasn’t seen someone like PC well PC hasn’t seen a team like Upperman. Tomorrow morning them Upperman boys will line up and bring that fight like they have all season. Let PC see what Upperman is all about and think these boys gonna lay down and take it. They’ will get punched in the mouth too. Tomorrow it’s gonna be a fight 

Edited by SouthFL305
Added
  • Like 1

Macon has had their share of playing PC just a few short year a go and im hear to tell ya they are a handful!

PC WAS ALWAYS nice and courteous no matter where the game played and the band is great.

Not saying who's gonna win but i know enough about the firebirds to know beating them wont b an easy task.

If the bee's win they deserve it. Good luck to both teams and hello to an old friend to the firebirds.

Edited by mofojoe
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, mofojoe said:

Macon has had their share of playing PC just a few short year a go and im hear to tell ya they are a handful!

PC WAS ALWAYS nice and courteous no matter where the game played and the band is great.

Not saying who's gonna win but i know enough about the firebirds to know beating them wont b an easy task.

If the bee's win they deserve it. Good luck to both teams and hello to an old friend to the firebirds.

The Springfield High Yellow Jackets played The Fire Birds in the regular season and playoffs for about four years. We never could get pass them.  They were talented and well-coached. They have some of the most gracious, respectful and knowledgeable fans I have met.  I don't know anything about Upperman but they need to be prepared to back pedal because the Firebirds have elite SPEED @FBfan26 @firebird88 @FIREBIRD80

Edited by TheCommissioner
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, mofojoe said:

Just think what PC would be if the private schools around Nashville didn't poach some of thier top players yearly. They would be another Alcoa. Alot of folks don't realize how many great metro athletes get grabbed by the various private schools in the area. 

• Upvote 1