Craney steps down at Central

HTV

14 hours ago, WestHigh4Life said:

Kevin Lane would be a great choice for Central and I hope he gets it if he puts his hat in the ring.

As much as I love Coach Lane, I can definitely see this great guy, great coach, and great with players and students would be a great hire. However, Central has a former defensive coordinator who was at Bearden who has been very vocal on his thoughts of Coach Jones after Coach Jones fired him because, well, he really wasn’t good at his job, when Jones first came here, so if Coach Lane does get hired which would be a great hire, that guy's job would definitely be in jeopardy, so I don’t know how much of a push he’s really going to make for it. But if he does get hired, I will definitely be keeping track of Knoxville Central high school football more often.

Edited by Dawgz4life
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Cactus Jack said:

Tough deal for Craney, following the great teams Bryson Rosser had there, I suspect he lost some good players to the recruiting schools in Knoxville. Central can win, but they have to keep their kids at home and go get a few too. 

He lost kids because he didn't play the right kids. He played up to the parents. Rosser played the best kids available. He wrecked a Ferrari.  Rosser keft that team loaded with talent and most of the good kids quit because of the favoritism 

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Dawgz4life said:

As much as I love Coach Lane, I can definitely see this great guy, great coach, and great with players and students would be a great hire. However, Central has a former defensive coordinator at Bearden who has been very vocal on his thoughts of Coach Jones after Coach Jones fired him because, well, he really wasn’t good at his job when he first came here, so if Coach Lane does get hired which would be a great hire, that guy's job would definitely be in jeopardy, so I don’t know how much of a push he’s really going to make for it. But if he does get hired, I will definitely be keeping track of Knoxville Central high school football more often.

This is tough to follow. Who did Jones fire?