Craney steps down at Central

HTV

33 minutes ago, chsbobcat09 said:

My point is you act like Powell and West are completely unbeatable, I was simply saying you’re comparing them to those Maryville teams by saying they aren’t beatable. Perhaps you should read a little closer before ya post, either way it’s comical. 

I mean Central once upon a time was also unbeatable.

1 hour ago, Swipes said:

When was that?  They have two state championships in their school history and still had two losses those two years

In 2018 and 2019, they out scored their opponents 975-326. They were pretty feared in 5A, and no one wanted to play them in 2019, so they had to play a team out of Kentucky. So call it what you want, but for the 5A teams, they brought the same fear as playing Powell and West.

3 hours ago, Elias287 said:

In 2018 and 2019, they out scored their opponents 975-326. They were pretty feared in 5A, and no one wanted to play them in 2019, so they had to play a team out of Kentucky. So call it what you want, but for the 5A teams, they brought the same fear as playing Powell and West.

Don’t get me wrong those teams were really good teams but to act like they were unbeatable or feared is a huge stretch.  Heck in 2019 they lost to Gibbs and South Doyle and didn’t even win the conference championship.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 12/1/2023 at 3:19 PM, chsbobcat09 said:

My point is you act like Powell and West are completely unbeatable, I was simply saying you’re comparing them to those Maryville teams by saying they aren’t beatable. Perhaps you should read a little closer before ya post, either way it’s comical. 

Now other teams, sure others can beat them, but not Central

On 11/27/2023 at 10:37 PM, justafan75 said:

He lost kids because he didn't play the right kids. He played up to the parents. Rosser played the best kids available. He wrecked a Ferrari.  Rosser keft that team loaded with talent and most of the good kids quit because of the favoritism 

If that is so it will wreck a good football team every time. I know Coach Rosser well and I know how good he was. I didn't know Craney, but I saw Central slide under him. 

1 hour ago, Cactus Jack said:

If that is so it will wreck a good football team every time. I know Coach Rosser well and I know how good he was. I didn't know Craney, but I saw Central slide under him. 

always hard to knowho is to blame. cbr was a great man and coach it could be a drop in coaching ability. it could also be about talent going to other schools. cnc knows his football. Good records aint always good coaching. bad records aint always bad coachin. dcentral is a good foootball school but that region is tough right now. Watch for Clowney from carson newman eagles

13 hours ago, pdover1776 said:

I’m told Lee Warren from Karns has applied as well as the former head man Brad Taylor. Any truths to this?

I have heard that Karns could open up, but not because of him leaving for another job. Maybe that is starting to be said to save face. No way he gets the job over Stevens, Cummings or Taylor, if Taylor threw his name in the hat.