Craney steps down at Central

HTV

On 1/4/2024 at 1:58 PM, TrojanFullback27 said:

If that be the case, Knox Co wouldn't let him be both AP and head coach would they? They would have to find other ways to make the numbers work I'd assume. 

Why not?  Jody Wright at Fulton is and has been for years but like I said, don't hire Stevens, we'll take him back at AE haha

On 1/8/2024 at 9:45 AM, ILB1999 said:

how do you know who they're hiring and Turtle doesn't?

I'm doing my best to stay out of it but I must say , I would love to see Stevens back at AE!  He had the ship going upward and the community really supported him.   If for some reason he decides to take the Central job, I'll say you all are in good hands.  

2 minutes ago, Turtle said:

I'm doing my best to stay out of it but I must say , I would love to see Stevens back at AE!  He had the ship going upward and the community really supported him.   If for some reason he decides to take the Central job, I'll say you all are in good hands.  

i'm not saying he wouldn't be good.  I'm just tired of people acting like they know something when they don't.  It's really weird.  Like they get anonymous message board clout if they guess right?  craziness...

10 minutes ago, ILB1999 said:

i'm not saying he wouldn't be good.  I'm just tired of people acting like they know something when they don't.  It's really weird.  Like they get anonymous message board clout if they guess right?  craziness..

I feel you on this but you know most message boards are like this during the hiring of a new coach.  They're going to mention people until someone is hired.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Turtle said:

I was pretty sure SS would land the Central job but I'm hearing otherwise, so hopefully he ends up at AE!

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, BigTime1950 said:

Hey Smelly, you do what you think you have to do. lt don't matter to me. 

Hey Brandon...your Dollar General Credit Card was declined on my OnlyFans.  Try that other one out.  From reading on here SS should be the head coach at Central but it seems the some boo-whosters don't want him...so who is the 2nd choice?  Why do schools constantly give that much power to Boosters???  Boosters...Pay your money & support!  Know your role and shut ya mouth if you smell wat dat rock is cookin... Why can't the admin get it together at CHS and make a decision?  Whoever is the coach there will be successful...It flipping Knox Central, it's like Novocaine...give it time and it will work itself out.  #RememberTheTitans  This will be interesting to follow.  Good Luck Central, they'll get it right eventually, if you can't win at Central...sumin is wrong wid ya!

2 hours ago, Turtle said:

I feel you on this but you know most message boards are like this during the hiring of a new coach.  They're going to mention people until someone is hired.  

What is crazy...these message boards actually effect some hires at times...smh  Never understood that.  But don't forget...Most the time with admins, It's people who don't know football trying to hire football coaches.  It's comical to watch at times.

3 hours ago, Turtle said:

Yea, they really don't have a clue if they're saying that. hahaha but shoot we'll take Stevens in a heartbeat if you all don't take him but we're all wondering when CHS will make a hire because wasn't Central job the first one opened this offseason?  You all should've been hired a coach.  It didn't take this long to hire a Basketball coach, what's the hold up?  Oh I got it, its Knox County School's fault hahaha

They were for sure the first knox area school to have an opening. I think they thought it was going to be cummings or stevens and now one is employed elsewhere and they are not willing to pay stevens what he wants. Yall(AE) are getting stevens.

32 minutes ago, LarrySmellsTidwellsTrap said:

Hey Brandon...your Dollar General Credit Card was declined on my OnlyFans.  Try that other one out.  From reading on here SS should be the head coach at Central but it seems the some boo-whosters don't want him...so who is the 2nd choice?  Why do schools constantly give that much power to Boosters???  Boosters...Pay your money & support!  Know your role and shut ya mouth if you smell wat dat rock is cookin... Why can't the admin get it together at CHS and make a decision?  Whoever is the coach there will be successful...It flipping Knox Central, it's like Novocaine...give it time and it will work itself out.  #RememberTheTitans  This will be interesting to follow.  Good Luck Central, they'll get it right eventually, if you can't win at Central...sumin is wrong wid ya!

Schools don't give power to boosters, boosters can make up the difference in pay. KCS has not kept up with the times as far as coaching supplements go with surrounding areas. A booster club can pay someone whatever they want. 

3 minutes ago, SheriffofRedRock said:

New hires can't be AP or AD and coach. The ones who already were get grandfathered in. He is the last one in KCS to my knowledge after Clark left SD.

Yep. This is accurate, from what I have been told.  Have to already be in the system.