New BGA Coach

LetMeSpin

On 12/21/2023 at 10:15 PM, MaseratiRicky said:

Finally a name...

Absolute legend of a player.  He's been coaching I think, but not sure about head coaching experience?

...observed TF in a couple contest against the Academy of Tyner back in the late 90's.....unstoppable.....thinkin ruffly bout 30 contest as a HC without a single W.....been coachin the D line for them Catholics in Knoxville....

probably gonna get a W or two somewhere next stint as a HC ....guessin BGA want be that spot

Booger just sayin :mrgreen:

On 12/21/2023 at 9:15 PM, MaseratiRicky said:

Finally a name...

Absolute legend of a player.  He's been coaching I think, but not sure about head coaching experience?

Does BGa want a former player or a coach ?  Anyone looked up this guys record as a HC?  Unless I am looking wrong he was 0-30 as a HC. 0-30 is pretty rough. But i goes he was a good player??  Is a private school that cost 30k a year really going to hire a coach that went 0-30?  

18 minutes ago, Fnltexas said:

Does BGa want a former player or a coach ?  Anyone looked up this guys record as a HC?  Unless I am looking wrong he was 0-30 as a HC. 0-30 is pretty rough. But i goes he was a good player??  Is a private school that cost 30k a year really going to hire a coach that went 0-30?  

I don't think BGA can afford to take any risks right about now with a coach, and while Concord Christian was not the best program to be the head coach of, 0-30 is really bad. They need to make a safe hire, or somewhat of a splash to get the program's name back out there.

7 hours ago, LevisTheFuture8 said:

I don't think BGA can afford to take any risks right about now with a coach, and while Concord Christian was not the best program to be the head coach of, 0-30 is really bad. They need to make a safe hire, or somewhat of a splash to get the program's name back out there.

I think it’s a time for many schools to determine what they want to do moving forward. Many independent schools are willing to invest money through coaches, facilities, programs, nutrition, change admissions standards, increase financial aid etc… In the current set up, to really be competitive in and with mid-state I think it takes all of those. The other hard part is that you could win most classifications public and private state championships but still lose to CPA and most of the AAA schools. They’re all on another level. Hope they get someone great and spread out the wins in that region! 

On 12/30/2023 at 10:46 AM, LevisTheFuture8 said:

Splash hire is what I expect.