Now that MTSU is looking for a new Head Coach could Creasy be their man.

BarneySox2007

35 minutes ago, SheriffofRedRock said:

Yea I hear you. To me I think that Mason and (insert whatever coach) could have similar records 8-4, 7-5, maybe a 9 win season and the young guy get plucked and Mason not because they have seen him before. They think that the young guy can do more and its a fun hire. I don't think Mason can do that but who knows maybe he does have success but no bigger programs want him and he does well there.

That's not a valid reason for hiring a retread. Accepting mediocrity is why fans wanted a change in the first place

31 minutes ago, SheriffofRedRock said:

Find me a coach who had success at Vandy. I understand the difference between him and a young guy. Clearly there was not a young college guy that they thought could do better.

You win 8 games at Vandy like Franklin did, I call that a success

1 minute ago, MidTennFootball said:

That's not a valid reason for hiring a retread. Accepting mediocrity is why fans wanted a change in the first place

You win 8 games at Vandy like Franklin did, I call that a success

You go to bowls at Vanderbilt that's success, beating in state rival is small success. LEA IS 9-27

What has Vandy done since Mason has been gone? Anybody saying somebody can't coach based on what they did at Vandy is out of touch with reality. If Saban was at Vandy they would struggle to win 6 games. That place is losing players left & right because they are in a total different league from the rest of the SEC. Basically no donor support. No NIL support. In the current football landscape, Vanderbilt will struggle to ever get to 6 wins any year soon.  

Edited by thegreatone36

17 minutes ago, thegreatone36 said:

What has Vandy done since Mason has been gone? Anybody saying somebody can't coach based on what they did at Vandy is out of touch with reality. If Saban was at Vandy they would struggle to win 6 games. That place is losing players left & right because they are in a total different league from the rest of the SEC. Basically no donor support. No NIL support. In the current football landscape, Vanderbilt will struggle to ever get to 6 wins any year soon.  

Mason inherited a good situation and left it in a bad one. I think Derek Mason is a good coach, makes for a solid DC. But the leader of a program? Hard pass

5 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

Mason inherited a good situation and left it in a bad one. I think Derek Mason is a good coach, makes for a solid DC. But the leader of a program? Hard pass

Mason Inherited a total disaster , 4 kids going to prison, a school embarrassed by football players crimes, an administration already tight on admissions got tighter. Franklin took a good portion of the recruiting class with him to Penn State. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, BobbyB said:

Mason Inherited a total disaster , 4 kids going to prison, a school embarrassed by football players crimes, an administration already tight on admissions got tighter. Franklin took a good portion of the recruiting class with him to Penn State. 

If I'm wrong, I'll be happy that I was. Just don't think Mason is HC material

1 hour ago, BobbyB said:

You are correct. Franklin got Vanderbilt involved with some highly-rated prospects through donors paying players (illegally) and on paper his classes were top-25 types. Franklin also persuaded Vanderbilt - through powerful Vandy alums - to lower their academic standards in order to get some questionable recruits enrolled. When he left, more than half of the players he had lined up to enroll in 2014 de-committed or didn't meet academic protocol. 
Mason refused to do anything illegal or allow donors to buy players, and he adhered to academic standards established at Vanderbilt. Mason may not be the answer for MTSU but I wouldn't count him out.

• Like 1

On 12/6/2023 at 10:48 AM, thegreatone36 said:

You are absolutely correct about Vanderbilt!  Prime Time wouldn’t be able to recruit quality athletes at Vandy.

• Like 1